Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm really not feeling this any more, and will likely not play progressive beyond this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

kensei posted:

I'm really not feeling this any more, and will likely not play progressive beyond this season.

well that's a shame, sorry to see you go

elsewhere: wow

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Ugh lost 3/4 at Brooklyn when I had a chance to be right there for the division lead.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

33 consecutive scoreless innings :staredog:

also four of my starting 8 are having .300/.400/.500 seasons, and Minnie Minoso is 6 points of slugging away. my top 1-6 hitters are all OBPing .400

this team is as fun as I thought they would be, and my pitching still isn't awful so somehow I'm leading the division! :smug:

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
You aren't allowed to boast about Minoso because you complained about him when you drafted him. :mad:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

┻┳|(•_•)
┳┻|‹( )/ gently caress
┻┳|./ \.
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|(•_•)
┻┳|\( )› ME
┳┻|./ \.
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|(•_•)
┳┻|\( )/ SIDEWAYS
┻┳|./ \.

^^^ no I complained justifiably I didn't have a top 2 pick to get Mays/Mantle. Minoso owns, he's just not Mays/Mantle

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

The only appropriate response to Minoso is euphoria or possibly gratitude.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

#RIPShuba #WinItForShotgun

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

what the gently caress is this bullshit

(I think the Johnny Klippstein as a Starter experiment might be not working, but neither did Murry Dickson at all, or Harry Byrd for the most part, so welp)

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
lol i just noticed i'm 8-23 in one run games

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

fervus is 27 games up with 33 to play.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'll be in the Lottery again, I can't dump this tire fire off on someone else :sigh:

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I need someone to step up and take over the league. I'll still play but with my new job there's no way I can run a draft unless you guys want to do 4AM to 6AM lightning rounds.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Devo posted:

I need someone to step up and take over the league. I'll still play but with my new job there's no way I can run a draft unless you guys want to do 4AM to 6AM lightning rounds.

You're just feeling down because of this: http://www.whatifsports.com/slb/Boxscore.aspx?gid=23242981&pid=1&pbp=0&tf=9.95

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Schoendienst didn't enter the game until the 7th, and he still went 3-3 with 3 runs, a homer, and 5 RBI. That was all in the 8th. drat son

e: btw I guess I could take over? At least if no one else offers, anyway

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

fervus is 27 games up with 33 to play.

detroit rock city

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Al Rosen owns, I still lose

fuckin' hell, man, for being arguably best in the NL, my pitching staff loves to piss me off a lot

btw scrotos just clinched lmao

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I'm going to bow out after this season even though I've been building toward 1954. I really need to cut back on WIS to save some cash money.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Congrats to AV for being the first to 100 this season. :argh:

Also, I clinched the best record in the history of the Philadelphia (NL) franchise in this morning's AM game with my 98th win, so that's cool

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Harvey Haddix is second for the ALCYA and has no chance of being first. Hard Luck Harvey

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

gently caress you all, I hate this game.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

toadee posted:

gently caress you all, I hate this game.

Aaaand it's officially a WIS season. That's it everyone, we can all go home.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Just wait until my team - probably the 4th best of the 4 that will make the playoffs - bullshits its way past everybody for another title.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Just wait until my team - probably the 4th best of the 4 that will make the playoffs - bullshits its way past everybody for another title.

I will not allow this to happen

(I'm 16-6 against you this season and 10-1 in St. Louis so it will obviously definitely happen)

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Is there any demand to get into the league because I'd like to drop out

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
Is this league going to go the way of the last prog league? It's way outlasted that one already but it would be sad to see it die.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Oy vey...

I thought we'd fall apart around expansion time, but yikes. Everyone's getting out now

e: all playoff spots are clinched lmao, thanks to Al Rosen's walk-off 60th home run of the season :smug:

uublog fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 12, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Power of Pecota posted:

Is there any demand to get into the league because I'd like to drop out

Interest in WIS sim leagues in general seems to be somewhat down at this point in time.

Like I said earlier I'm still in but I need someone to do recruiting, the draft and such from now on.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Devo posted:

Interest in WIS sim leagues in general seems to be somewhat down at this point in time.

Like I said earlier I'm still in but I need someone to do recruiting, the draft and such from now on.

Well no one else has offered since my post so I guess I'll do it? idk

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Well as it stands we just need Kensei and Pecota replacements, right?

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

I'm out as well

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
rip prog

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Hope I win it all then.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Hank Thompson shall not be stopped.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'm up 2-0 so I probably don't have to worry about jinxing myself but it's bizarre to me how good I've been against PMP this season. 16-7 in the regular season, 10-2 on the road, where the next three games are. I won the first 8 in St. Louis, and the first 7/13 of the first 15 overall. Naturally the 16th game was a 17-1 loss but thankfully it seems that The Team Of Destiny is past that brief rough stretch!

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Well, that was brutal. Good luck, uublog. Let's get an NL streak going.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Well, that was brutal. Good luck, uublog. Let's get an NL streak going.

Thanks, honestly even I didn't expect to straight steamroll you. I really wish I was getting my pitchers some rest with these "off days" though

Btw I was already placed in a ToC which is amazingly fast. I'm a one seed because lol Idk? :confuoot: I'm playing a 1908 team so maybe 10 runs will be scored the entire series. My hitters against Addie and Christy will probably not end great for me, but probably even my bad pitching can keep Ty Cobb and whoever else he's got in check

e: whoa game 7 in cleveland woot :munch:

uublog fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 18, 2014

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Seeding is just based on your regular season record. It's why a bunch of prog teams get one and two seeds and then lose in the first round.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

That was a crazy game 7, but on to the WS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Wow I was really looking forward to facing AV, that would've been a great matchup. Top two offenses, identical pythags, Rosen vs. Snider, etc. But okay then. Instead a battle of the Cy Youngs! Though I don't think they'll face each other because McDermott is v tired

• Locked thread