Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

HoboMan posted:

Update!
We cracked Sagittarius’s password: Tellus Regio

Found the larger image that the small snippet given was taken from.
Cross-referenced the location with a map that was actually labeled and it's the name of the island pictured.

Here's Sagittarius's Files

The thing that looks like the next password clue is this:

It looks like this could be for either Aries or Gemini.

It is for Gemini. The password is 'RUMORS'.

There are three constellations embedded on top of each other in that picture:
Orion
Ursa-Major
Cassiopeia

Slotting the names into the blanks spits out the password.

observation_venus_051514.jpg

quote:

GEMINI

Given your reaction to the constellation images I previously forwarded you, I thought you might be interested in an image I captured during a recent observation of Venus. You've got a sharp pair of eyes: do you see the same thing I do?

If you do, this is a rather exciting development. It means that they know we're watching them!

ATTACHMENT:observation_venus_051514.jpg

ARIES

Edit: Some of the areas of 'small dots' looks like they make letters, V, I or lowercase l, L, C, etc. Some are pretty ambiguous though.

orphean fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread