Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

This really makes me want to reinstall DII. (It would make me want to reinstall DI, but ehhhh.)

Ed. Oh maybe I'll reinstall Torchlight. Thanks, Thread.

betaraywil fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

RickVoid posted:

IIRC, you either get the Butcher on level 2, or Leoric on level 4. The way you tell is if the water in the town well is blue or yellow (which also denotes another quest).

Nah, you get (pick two) the Butcher, Ogden's Sign, or Gharbad the Weak.

The best week of Summer 1997 for me was when I got Ogden's Sign and Gharbad the Weak.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

...I never realized that about Black Deaths.

I also never realized that the little scavenger jobbies regained health when they ran away. I thought they just did that as a fun little animation to provide flavor.

I wonder how much of that is having played as a little kid and how much is that you need to sperg out/read the guide of someone who has sperged out to notice.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

queserasera posted:

Heh, nobody got the reference. Blizzard doesn't literally thank everyone in the known universe. The "thanks to" section goes on for at least a minute. (The copy I'm using, the one that came in the Diablo 2 box, has longer credits in alphabetical order.)

I skipped and got to "Sam Raimi, The Guinness Brewing Company."

They might just not have realized they'd ever make a video game again and took that opportunity to thank all the people who make things the like :unsmith:

• Locked thread