Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Also I know it was kind of danced around a page ago, but while Hellfire was official, it wasn't a first-party expansion like Diablo 2 got. It was a third-party deal done by some barely-used subsidary of Sierra, which may be why it mostly used a bunch of Blizzard's assets that were dummied out of the game but were still left in the MPQ file as opposed to creating a huge number of new assets.

It's also why it's buggy as poo poo and seems half-complete despite Blizzard generally putting at least a little polish into their titles. They greenlit someone else to do the project, but didn't put enough focus into it (they were busy working on Starcraft and Diablo 2 at the time, I think?) to make sure it got the same QA they would've gotten it.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fun fact: in the original unpatched game, with +HP equipment on, you could get Black Deaths to reduce you to negative max HP. It was the only way in Multiplayer to perma-die. It also caused the game to crash hellaciously.

It was sadly patched out later on.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pierzak posted:

Are you wearing a non-cursed cloak there?

Since enemy aggro distance is based on your character's Light Radius and the +LR enchantment doesn't do anything else other than make your screen mildly brighter, Armors "of Light"/"of Radiance" are considered "cursed" for the purposes of a BNM run.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MartianAgitator posted:

So..."-100% damage" doesn't actually mean what I'm just assuming it means, right?

If memory serves, it only applies to inherent weapon damage which means that you just do the same damage you would if you were barehanded, as opposed to nothing at all.

It's almost as bad, but not a total game-ruiner, especially since BNM runs are all about magic damage anyway.

• Locked thread