Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

D3 started out as a horrible mess because the item drops were utter poo poo and it had a P2W system with the auction house, not that that mattered since they didn't have (Do they even have it yet?) PVP system so everything was PVE.

If I had to suggest a Diablo game for someone who's never played it before, 2 would definitely be my recommendation.

The game was so easy on normal difficulty that it really wasn't P2W at all. It was only P2W if you wanted to be some sort of elite Inferno running top tier player (for neckbeard reasons). Inferno was so loving hard at release that the only people who could beat Inferno Diablo were luck-based gimmick builds and people who found glitches, like the Wizard God Mode exploit or the glitch that allowed Barbarians to regain 8% of their health with every hit. But Blizzard did a pretty good job of slowly balancing the game into something playable, and from what I hear they even made the game pretty fun in the months leading up to the expansion. I've heard great things about the patch that rebalanced legendaries, making them actually pretty useful and fun and not completely useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

D3 Inferno difficulty at release was basically that video, all the time, for any class without an enormous health buffer. Normal monsters would just instantly murder you if you bothered to venture beyond Act 1. They pretty quickly patched that down to where you'd still die easily, but not instantly

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Diablo 3 on Normal was a blast, especially if you chose to ignore the gearing aspect and just picked up things that happened to be upgrades. Most text could be skipped with a keyboard shortcut, and the few bits that couldn't be skipped were less than half a minute long

• Locked thread