Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Barrels - the deadliest crates. How many Barrel Packs did it take to find one that would kill you for the first update?

Diablo himself is technically nude. When we get to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

gently caress hunting rings and amulets in Diablo 1. I HOPE YOU LIKE PIXELHUNTING.

My brother used to play a mage. His entire inventory would be mana pots when he first went down into the dungeon aside from 1 stack for the remainder of his gold.

He would only come back when his bags were full of loot. Or empty of blue juice.
(mages are amazing later on though)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I loved Diablo 2 and quite like Daiblo 3, but I've never had a chance to play 1. I vaguely recall watching my friend play it online once or twice and I goaded his squishy wizard into attacking his beefy knight friend. I think it ended poorly. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing where it all began.

Haha. On the few occasions we multi-playered it, I learnt to keep WELL away from my wizard friend. Friendly fire is MOST CERTAINLY a thing in Diablo 1 Multiplayer, and wizards have a habit of blasting everything that moves until it stops.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Aishlinn posted:

Or to delve into the ridiculous difficulty curve that the hellfire "Expansion" added onto the game. I recall some of the monsters being a little..unfair.

Oh Hellfire.

Taking the erranous tooltips from Nightmare.

And making them the ACTUAL values.
GEEEEENIUS.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Fat Swordsman posted:

Try skeleton.

(Seems it never got archived. Shame, that.)

Indeed. it is the most beautiful LP as art example ever. Or one of them, at least.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

so THAT'S what 'Where Avarice fails, patience gains rewards' gives you.

I did not have the internet when I played Diablo

Also Black Deaths and negative shrines >: (

Though there are also some super neat shrines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Aces High posted:

that's debatable, I have friends that loved playing D2 but never touched the original and so when D3 came along the asked me (because I was/am a huge Diablo fan) who the gently caress Lacdanaan and Adria and the others were and I just said "this makes a shitload more sense if you played Diablo" and it actually turned them away from D3. I'll be honest it left a bad taste in my mouth too. The stories in D1 and D2 were not spectacular but Blizzard tried their best to make sure the two were still fairly separate entities. Pretty much the only true links between D1 and D2 is Cain, Tristram and everything you find there, and the fact that the Dark Wanderer is the PC from D1 (although the Rogue and Sorcerer make cameos as well).

The stuff from D1 that was found in D2 didn't bear a huge impact on the overall story so it was more like set dressing. However that changed in D3 and it kind of soured my opinion of the game, that and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy in comparison and the incorporation of WoW features kind of took away the uniqueness of the Diablo universe. Sure D2 was more straight RPG instead of Roguelike that Diablo was but it was still a little challenging and you didn't really get a handle on your builds until after a couple playthroughs. I felt D3 cut out a lot of that experimentation

The stuff in D2 was just nice callbacks. eg Wirt's leg.

If you hadn't played D1 D3 would not have made a bit of sense. It was still pretty ordinary anyhow though.

• Locked thread