Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

This should be an interesting read. I've always liked Diablo over Diablo 2 because of the flexibility of the system. I don't think Diablo had anything that was locked to a class, so if the game decided to drop a really awesome bow or spell and you're playing a Warrior, you could drop points into agility or magic until you could use the awesome weapon. I know there were hard caps to stats that would stop you from using the absolute top-tier items, but other than that the sky was the limit on what you could do with each class. Not like Diablo 2, where there was so much class-specific loot that there was no point in looking at 99% of the poo poo you picked up. "Oh look, another shrunken head and pelt. Sure am happy I decided to run an Assassin despite not getting my class-specific weapons at all."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread