Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
It's weird - I seem to have had the exact opposite experience as everyone else with D3. I played it at launch and had a mindless blast with it, ignoring the auction house and just fighting through the campaign and everything seemed pretty well-balanced. I just recently tried starting over with my brother and we got halfway through act 3 without ever once being mildly threatened. I was playing a witch doctor and even during major boss fights that used to be exciting and harrowing dodge-fests, I could just stand still and hold down the mouse button and ignore every incoming attack. It's like every enemy had its HP doubled and its damage output reduced tenfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Jobbo_Fett posted:

On normal? Diablo is easy peasy and the real gripes against it are at the end-game portions.

It wasn't exactly a difficult game, no, but when I was fighting, say, the Act 2 endboss, there were definitely attacks I needed to make some effort to avoid or take pretty serious damage. I fought him this time and neither of us dropped below like 70% health despite making no effort to dodge anything.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
At launch, I was playing on Normal. On the revisit, I was on the "you should only pick this if you've played the expansion and gotten all the sweet gear from it or you'll probably die" difficulty. I had not played the expansion.

• Locked thread