Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

I feel Gharbad getting the first response in this thread is only fitting.

Good luck with this run, its going to be one wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

Just played a session of D3 and it's super fun, yes. I didn't dislike it on release like most people, but it did have a few major flaws; now all of those have been adressed and even more cool poo poo was added, it's become a really good game.

Wonder if Hellgate:London could have turned out the same if they hadn't run out of money...

I doubt Hellgate could have been saved by an effort similar to the one that was put into D3 in the form of this expansion.

Design choice with regards to item distribution player/monster power levels etc are a big problem but something that can be solved relatively easily, just change the numbers. Its a matter of wanting too and having a good idea of where you want them to be. Yes D3 has done more than simply that but a lot of the reason it feels better is related to that. That and more interesting legendary items.

Many of Hellgates issues were outside of the scope of itemization, drop rates and monster stats.

• Locked thread