Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
I don't think I ever killed the Butcher in single-player without cheesing him with gratings. I got a dungeon level 2 without a grating or accidentally blocked the door with a corpse? Try again, Butcher's going to whack me dead.

Speaking of the Butcher, what's the deal with (at least on single player) some quests not spawning every game? I seem to recall the corpse not spawning in town a whole bunch of times, and subsequently no Butcher around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
That's amazing :haw:. When I played this game I played pretty much exclusively warrior, sometimes rogue. I also clicked on all the shrines. Black Deaths were one of my two favorite enemies because of their fancy color :downs:. I'm kind of sad that you're playing on multiplayer and will therefore miss a couple of quests and items. It always got me real happy to get Arkaine's Valor in the catacombs. Are there any multiplayer-only quests?

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah, D3's normal difficulty was no challenge at all, nightmare was as hard as normal in D2 (not very), hell was like nightmare and inferno was incredible bullshit.

The one thing about Diablo I remember the most is town portals. That loading screen and sprite are burnt into my mind. The early game was mostly around town portals, since walking to town was a huge bore. If things went badly I didn't have money to buy town portal scrolls and had to make every single one count; the portal doesn't disappear until you go back into it from town. To save those precious precious scrolls I often used one in a strategic spot when I needed to retreat, and walked back through the cathedral entrance. The portal's still there waiting to be used again.

Of course, if I had any luck I got a town portal book or a bunch of gold by the Catacombs, and it stopped being an issue.

• Locked thread