Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

CBJSprague24 posted:

All Sports
Problem: Retiring numbers.
Solution: gently caress retiring numbers. Make a ring of honor for "honored numbers" or something and let Joe Doe wear #19 for the Colorado Avalanche if he wants to instead of taking the number away for the rest of time to honor Sakic. (Insert any retired number or player into this example.)

This is really going to be a problem in the NFL where uniform numbers are restricted to position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

He's saying never retire any numbers, which is basically how the NFL already operates for the reason you state.

I don't think I was clear in what I was saying. I agree that the NFL needs to cut that poo poo out or eventually we'll see motherfuckers with wingdings instead of uniform numbers.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

I'd like to see the NBA season cut down to 60 games.

• Locked thread