Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Rene Bork posted:

CFL Football

Problem: The league is currently at 9 teams and 6 make the playoffs every year. Every attempt at expansion has been met with abject failure.

Solution The CFL will carry out an invasion to capture and occupy NFL franchises. F-35s will be deployed on airstrikes on Seattle, Minneapolis, Buffalo, Detroit. The navy will carry out amphibious strikes on New York, Foxborough, Baltimore, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay.

Non-Humorous response, perhaps make the "Schooners" an actual thing? 5 East, 5 West.

I think it would be interesting to see a few border-area North American cities get a CFL Franchise.

Places like Fargo, Boise, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Rene Bork posted:

It could also be worth trying their hand at Portland, Everett, Grand Rapids, or Rochester. Just as long as they don't try far flung areas like Sacramento and Vegas again.

Someone actually did an insane CFL expansion where Canada wound up with 16 or so team.

http://imgur.com/a/HEQXL

But agreed. I do think that the CFL would play well with Border towns versus the attempt that CFLUSA attempted to be back in the day. Baltimore was their lone success.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Sash! posted:

Problem: Football is on days that aren't Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
Solution: Football is supposed to be on saturday if you're college, sunday if you're the NFL, and Monday night for one pair of lucky NFL teams. Play on those days. Wednesday is for middle school, Thursday is for JV teams, Friday is for varsity, and so on. This isn't rocket science. That's how Western PA did it and we literally invented pro football so trust us on this.

As a fan of a mid-major? I disagree, because MACTION. It's the lone time our conference gets national recognition and it's fun as hell.

I think having MAC, WAC, C-USA, and Mountain West conference games on Tuesday/Wednesday make for an interesting week.

I do kind of prefer (ACC/Big East/Big XII) game as the only thing on a Thursday, but the NFL Network games kind of grew on me.

Friday? Eh, I think those could work for MWC/WAC/PAC 12 games. The West Coast doesn't seem to have the insane devotion that the Midwest, South and Texas have for High School ball.

Saturday? Big Boys play. 12 pm to whenever the hell the Hawai'i game ends.

Sunday? Same. Keep the pro game schedule.

Monday? MNF.

Now I will say that from (Army-Navy game) December 13th to December 27th that the NFL "Sunday" schedule should be split in half between Saturday and Sunday.

• Locked thread