Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!
Soccer
Problems:

Ponce de Le0n posted:

the amount of money in the game, bad financial regulation, pricing out of lower class fans in the local community, better transportation options for those fans, what to do about FIFA, getting more kids involved etc etc.
Solution:
Those sound a lot like the problems with other pro sports, except for the part about FIFA. Destroy FIFA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

SirPhoebos posted:

Problem: I don't like MLB's playoffs because I think it's silly for a league that has a long enough season that one can do statistical sampling to then have it's champion crowned through what's basically a crap-shoot.
Fix: In place of a playoff, the top six teams in each league play a month long round-robin season, and then the team with the best record in each go to the World Series. More details here: I have spent way too much time thinking about something that will never happen.

Don't some of the winter leagues already do something along these lines?

• Locked thread