Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

HooverDam posted:

I do like when cities have all their teams wearing matching colors. Pittsburgh is the best example with all the teams in black and gold, that's slick, and convenient! I imagine being able to wear a Pirates hat to a Steelers game is convenient.

They're also the colors of the coat of arms of Pitt, which in turn are the city's colors, which meant Pittsburgh was clever.

You know the blue the Pens wear? Pittsburgh's third color! Right there on...on that 400 year old Pitt coat of arms!

Problem: Baseball has too many baseball games and too many of them are on when people are at work.
Solution: It's not 1883 and you have to make the train trip worth it so you stick around for five days. Cut the schedule down to a third of what it is now. Also, don't play at 2 in the afternoon on a Wednesday. That one would just be a no brainer really. Maybe even adopt some sort of Monday/Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday schedule were you play on three of those four! This would also work for hockey.

Also:

Problem: Football is on days that aren't Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
Solution: Football is supposed to be on saturday if you're college, sunday if you're the NFL, and Monday night for one pair of lucky NFL teams. Play on those days. Wednesday is for middle school, Thursday is for JV teams, Friday is for varsity, and so on. This isn't rocket science. That's how Western PA did it and we literally invented pro football so trust us on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mornacale posted:

This is a pretty good solution to the problem of baseball being interesting and profitable, too.

So to be profitable, baseball has to have ten times the games as the most popular sport in the country? Maybe baseball has more serious problems than I thought.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DOOMocrat posted:

MLB
Problem: Mustaches no longer worn year round by many players
Fix: Commission Donruss to produce upper lip only baseball cards

I accidentally watched baseball recently and the beard situation is out of control

R.D. Mangles posted:

Every Sport But Football

Problem: Not enough bortles
Solution: Increase bortles

Problem: bortles sounds like a Pokemon, but there is no Pokemon named bortles
Solution: Retcon Squirtle into bortles

Sash! fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jul 27, 2014

• Locked thread