Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

My biggest problem with sports is how obscenely monied owners coo municipalities into spending billions of dollars on stadiums that actively hurt those municipalities. Second would be the NCAA but it looks like it could be getting fixed.

There's no point in arguing about rules and replays because we all love arguing about those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

HooverDam posted:

All pro American sports:
Problem: When I go to Arizona Cardinals games I have to see retired numbers for guys from Chicago and St Louis. Further, I'm in Phoenix and pulling for a team called the "Cardinals", while there are desert cardinals, they're not particularly prevalent.

Solution: All team names, statistics, logos, colors, etc. stay with the city where said teams originate. In the words of Atom and His Package, "there's no jazz in Utah and few lakes in L.A.". The Cardinals should have become the Wrens upon their move to Arizona if they wanted to be named for a non threatening bird.

I'm glad the NBA is trending this way and Seattle kept the Sonics identity, the Hornets name/iconography is returning to Charlotte. It would've been nice if New Orleans could have had the "Jazz" and Utah became the Seagulls or something, but ah well.

Sort of related, but I always thought it'd be cool if all the teams from a city had the same mascot. Yes, I know it's impossible in like five different senses, but it'd be a fun way to unite the city and keep things simple. No, I don't know how you'd deal with cities having multiple teams in the same sport. But I do like the simplicity of rooting for one mascot to represent my entire city.

• Locked thread