Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Waltzing Along posted:

Soccer/Football
Problem:
Low scoring/flopping/extra time
Solutions: This is a serious post so here are some serious answers:

There is no reason to have a continually moving clock. If the ball goes out, stop the clock. If play stops due to a guy falling, stop the clock. Goal? Stop the clock. It's just silly to let it run and leads to flopping. This will remove extra time from the game.

Another problem is limited substitutions. This also leads to flopping and pointless stoppages. Just let the coaches sub players in as needed. You will have fresher players and better play as a result.

This also opens up this rule change: if you flop over for whatever reason and pretend or are really hurt, you have to leave the field. You can come back, of course, but not till the next substitution stoppage.

I think these changes would make for a better game. I'd be curious to hear how I am an idiot, though, because I am fairly new to the sport and am looking with US sports biased eyes.

Moving clock: after watching a few NFL games it is beyond ridiculous how many ads get squeezed in and how much they destroy the viewing experience. Anything that stops this from happening is a good thing. Also, consider why stopping the clock would fix the diving problem. The benefit of diving is getting a free kick or penalty. This would be the same whether or not the clock was stopped.

Limited subs means that fitness is more important. Not to pick on the NFL, which I do like, but the regular subbing really takes away from the idea that stamina is at all important. Being required to have at least eight players play for ninety minutes requires an additional level of skill/fitness which would be silly to throw away.

The last one sorry of already happens, since if a player goes down necessitating play to be stopped they have to go off and be waved back on by the referee once play has restarted. If you forced them to wait till the next substitution then there's a big inventive for teams to hack people down since, as before, there are very few subs in a match.

Fixing the Nrl:
Problem:
Melbourne is a cheating pack of cunts.
Solution:
Fire Melbourne into the sun. Also solves question of better city with it and Sydney, since being in the sun would probably outweigh having Penrith in the "unliveable poo poo" category.

e:fixed phone typos

iajanus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread