Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Barnsy posted:

Is there a reason the Chinese seem to be terrible people and NEVER stop to help someone in distress? The number of crashes that happen right next to someone and people just drive by...

I've heard a bunch of people say it's because confucianism puts a really strong focus on the family and friends and there isn't a real equivalent to the "golden rule" that you should treat strangers as you'd want them to treat you. From my time there I think it's just because there's such a giant mass of humanity that if you try to stop and care about every terrible thing that happens you'll be overwhelmed pretty much immediately. It's pretty hosed up to watch a guy beat the ever living poo poo of a man in the street while literally hundreds of people walk by not 10 feet away though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread