Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got a ps4 and quickly realized there was nothing to play on it since i already played ground zeroes on ps3 so im just gonna use it as a resogun machine until bloodborne comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Resogun is loving awesome

yeah its cool, im not really a fan of the bossfights though, at least hte first one

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

it's gay, YOUR way

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

stoutfish posted:

pc gaming has been the cheapest it's ever been.

in fact, it was cheaper to upgrade my pc instead of buying a next gen console and it's more powerful than a ps4.

Can someone please get rid of this obvious ex-YCS troll and propagandist. Oh word you can buy a fairly affordable and hell, a powerful PC within a few hundred big ones. Please tell me more you loving Shitpiece.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

a higher fps is important in video games because in regular, 24 fps film, frame to frame motion blur is captured in a 'natural' way by the lens, so nothing about it looks unreal to people. but recreating that in a formula is still a somewhat open question, at least for games.

chute shine boy
Aug 7, 2013
i only watch locally sourced artisanal frames

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i need the most rigtarded pc protower of them all in order to play my pixel-bit indie darling early-access steam trash.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Over 9000 frames per second.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
i know this dude who thinks there's a difference between 60fps and 120fps he uses a 60hz monitor

Dec 26, 2012

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i need the most rigtarded pc protower of them all in order to play my pixel-bit indie darling early-access steam trash.

only the finest hardware is worthy of playing 1000 hours of dota

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
If you think 30fps and 60fps are the same I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but visual acuity ain't one.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

you think columbine shooters were using 30 fps??? think again

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
60fps looks marginally better than 30fps, but only crazy people find 30fps to be "bad". If you can keep a game running at 30fps on your computer with no dips, I don't think it's really worth the money to upgrade to get a higher framerate.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

60fps looks marginally better than 30fps, but only crazy people find 30fps to be "bad". If you can keep a game running at 30fps on your computer with no dips, I don't think it's really worth the money to upgrade to get a higher framerate.

I can literally see your character react before mine on my 60 fps. stay in last place

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zen death robot posted:

i can literally not give a wild poo poo about how much money you wasted trying to get all kinds of crazy perforamnce

it really doesn't take much do get 60 fps nowadays for many games. especially games like WoW or LoL or DoTA where players might want the fps for reaction times

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

zen death robot posted:

tEll me more about your insane pc build, i can't tell the diff anyways

i only spent1899 dollars jesus christ get off my dick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

tEll me more about your insane pc build, i can't tell the diff anyways

Wow. Could you BE any more childish.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

An NES can do 60fps, the Xbone can't.

Checkmate.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Checkmate.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I just recently got a PC for gaming and I just cannot get enough of my steam friends constantly asking me about how much better the graphics must look now that I'm not a "console babby." It's timeless really.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Phantasium posted:

Checkmate.

There are more games that ran at 60hz on the Atari 2600 than on the third Xbox (Xbox One) right now.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
mommmmmmmm you HAVE to get me this new nvidia for christmas because how otherwise will i train to be invited to next year's international?

it's a game tournament you know kind of like the nba finals

this is loving bullshit you spent five hundred dollars on season tickets to watch the spurs and you won't even get me a pc upgrade

fine i hope i get rich and famous playing dota in korea and you die alone because i won't be spending any of my prize money on your stingy rear end you loving BITCH

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I've never been able to tell the difference between 30 and 60. But I didn't really notice the slowdown in Blightown in Dark Souls until people cried about it, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

whenever you click the view master it advances the frame once and you see a new picture

This is all kids need

• Locked thread