Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

"You know what I hate, students who show up and ask questions during office hours." said every computer science professor.

Lacrosse, I think you should look at a CS degree. I would recommend looking at a local community college, taking a couple of CS classes, make sure they transfer to a good 4 year university around Seattle and see if you enjoy it. You probably will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

In some jurisdictions they specifically call out "software engineers" as an example of misuse if they are not actively registered engineers; here's Florida:

Now why do you think that might be?

Because Software Engineering is going through the beginning of professionalization. And I think that this is a good thing, though ABET needs to get its head out of its rear end and throw out its piss poor CS requirements and defer to ACM and IEEE.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

Safe and Secure! posted:

This all comes at the cost of:
- Algorithms
- Computer architecture

Did they cut CLRS?

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

Safe and Secure! posted:

The algorithms course was based on Klein and Tardos when I took it.

Thats a fine book, sad to see it go.

• Locked thread