Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

this is confusing me is the bone outselling the PS4 or vice versa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i want a bone controller but i am in iggy koopa levels of finance right now. i wonder if a pawn shop would trade me one for two wireless 360 controllers

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'm liking those numbers

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'm going to assume everyone who genuinely cares about this is a shareholder and not a dumb fanboy

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I love a good 'Bone thread - but the numbers make this extra win.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

drat. The :xbone: is just done. loving buried. :rip:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

ok I'll admit I'm pro-PS4 but only because bloodborne will be released on that

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the xbox one is really good and I hope more people buy them

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
has valeyard made charts yet?

i won't be able to tell how much ownage is here without a 'yard chart.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:thejoke:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I thought this was about skeletons for a little while

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Win! But not for the Xboners :D

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

No Such Thing posted:

I thought this was about skeletons for a little while

i am sad that more things aren't about skeletons

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I felt slightly masochistic today and decided to keep reading the xbox thread, only tor ealize there were more than 35 pages of unread posts about charts, numbers and shitflinging
20 pages more to go

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

qnqnx posted:

I felt slightly masochistic today and decided to keep reading the xbox thread, only tor ealize there were more than 35 pages of unread posts about charts, numbers and shitflinging
20 pages more to go

Ask Stux about being on a fixed income

It triggers him

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Widestancer posted:

Ask Stux about being on a fixed income

It triggers him

fixed income info: don't be on fixed income and play games, it is a bad combination

Dec 26, 2012

holy poo poo those numbers are making me go wild!!!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hog Butcher posted:

fixed income info: don't be on fixed income and play games, it is a bad combination

Lmbo I asked in both the Xbox and old steam threads how many of the posters in said threads were on a fixed income and it spawned pages of bizarre D&D esque discussion in the XboxOne thread and people talking about scraping to afford 2 dollar vidya in the Steam thread

They get real sensitive when you tell them to get a job and have fun in life

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm on fixed income and trying to get out of the situation but learning a marketable skill while taking college prereq bullshit is tricky

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I was pretty poor with unstable income for a while before I got my new job, and every time I'd mention not being able to afford a game until it was on sale in a games thread, within 2 posts there would be a stream of people raging at me about how I shouldn't even be buying games if I couldn't afford them and how I was incredibly irresponsible. I could afford games, I just had to budget my luxury expenses. :shrug:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hog Butcher posted:

i'm on fixed income and trying to get out of the situation but learning a marketable skill while taking college prereq bullshit is tricky

You're in education/training which immediately puts you above many games posters

Trying to better yourself is a good thing

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Widestancer posted:

You're in education/training which immediately puts you above many games posters

Trying to better yourself is a good thing

Actually it's way cool to not work and just play games all the time.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Thug Lessons posted:

It's cooler to get to the point where you have a job that lets you do dumb computer stuff and gaming while on the clock

I feel like the odd one out for being able to do that though

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
become a successful responsible adult so you can afford any game at a whim but struggle to find time to ever play it.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Thug Lessons posted:

this is what college prereqs are. my last semester:

western civs 2 was "sum up the chapter in 150 words"
summing up 100 years of russia's most complicated era was fun because mentioning any specific events got you a 15/15

c++ was for/if loops for a semester

eng 112 was forum posting for a semester and someone in my class was a devout catholic woman who unironically used things like "you bet your sweet bippie" and ranted about the government whenever possible. she thought the civil war was 70 years ago and we needed a repeat of it. there was also someone who thought xena the warrior princess was a mythological deity. 250 word maximum on forum post, 750 words on essay

music appreciation was an enriching course with an interesting subject and enjoyable assignments.

i did most of western civs 2 in an afternoon, was 4+ weeks ahead on c++, and eng 112 was low effort as hell. i brought my laptop on the one day a week i had to be on campus and played king's bounty, or i played my 3ds on the hour and a half transit

next semester's going to be pretty much the same thing but with java/higher c++/php/psychology.

so picking up a skill to get me out of fixed income is annoying aside from coding for wordpress and that market is _full_

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I got an ArcGIS and SAP cert package and I'm not sure I can ever go back to being told I can't do whatever on my work machine

Whenever I do contract stuff where I'm limited it really feels weird

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm doing contract work. Which basically means I spend all day reading about how much The Third Xbox (which they named the Xbox One - can you believe it?) loving Sucks.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thug Lessons posted:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

this is triggering me guys please stop

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Let's see. I could exchange my labor power for wages in late capitalist society.... or I could game all the time.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

What? Youre cutting my hours?!

Fukin sweet i can work on my backlog

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
someone put me on a salary and i will do some sort of job that i complete on my own time, like

hey code some wordpress for our css guy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So X-box 1 is the new old wii-u?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

The Wii U is a fairly priced, innovative console with a great selection of fun first-party exclusive games

Yes but I'm talking about the old wii-u back when it was 350 bucks and had no games.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
why does anyone expect a launch console to have games ever

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Hog Butcher posted:

why does anyone expect a launch console to have games ever

I'm a dreamer.

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes but I'm talking about the old wii-u back when it was 350 bucks and had no games.

live in the present, not the past, taint reaper

Dec 26, 2012

the numbers distracted me from the real treat: theres a Q4 FY2014 earnings conference call, included for your listening pleasure, at the end of that post. gonna just put this bad boy on, lean back, and bask in the ownage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

oh man I love reading and posting the sales figures of this thing that I hate for reasons

• Locked thread