Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT r2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

R2a

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 17, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Coaches points reallocation happens during the Conference Shuffle portion of the game. I for the 3rd year in a row have a new DC, and I am mad that Bud Foster was available but apparently went to Clemson instead of coming home :(

Freshman transfers including my QB of the future who is going to WVU for playing time (stupid 5* players and their desire to start right away). Guy had 95 speed, 95 acc, 90 THP, 80 THA. He was going to be a monster...

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

My only transfer was a 51 ovr fb who wanted more playing time. Didn't put a ton of talent into the draft this year, so outside of HB and QB improvement, my team should stay the same.

I haven't lost my OC or DC yet (not sure who would want them)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
UNC R2A. Not sure I'm losing too much talent.

I did promise a fantastic safety that he would start 9 games and get 8 picks...what happens when I fail to meet those? I was thinking about redshirting him.

Also dug this quote from the beginning of this season.

Slywalker13 posted:

My defence :negative: . It was so wonderful last year. Noone in my secondary is rated above 90.
I guess my D did all right.

JB, somehow, with no xp, you netted the #4 overall class (pending offseason)...crazy.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

JB, somehow, with no xp, you netted the #4 overall class (pending offseason)...crazy.
loving hackers!!!!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

UNC R2A. Not sure I'm losing too much talent.

I did promise a fantastic safety that he would start 9 games and get 8 picks...what happens when I fail to meet those? I was thinking about redshirting him.

Also dug this quote from the beginning of this season.
I guess my D did all right.

Your defense is unreal. It seems like you play some form of 3-4 that gives me absolute fits with trying to run the ball.

Also, that recruiting rank came with a price: Not a single offensive lineman.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
gogogogogo

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a - going almost all-in on the #1 WR in the country. My only competition is SU - I'm guessing that's Syracuse? I'm worried they've got more off-season points than me (I'm forever stuck at 10k here). I don't know if I should change my points - does GT really need the #1 WR? But I think I'll get some actual XP if I land him, I think it's just "game goals" that I don't get XP from. (since you definitely get bust/gem XP with the coach bug) Ugh. Tough decision.

I have no team needs at this point and definitely came out way better this season in recruiting than in the past.. so gently caress it. I just hope I get him. :(

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm not getting any XP whatsoever - at least for my HC anyway.

Miami r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I'm not getting any XP whatsoever - at least for my HC anyway.
You should for finding busts/gems at the very least. I'm 99% sure of that. It's only like 25XP so it's basically nothing though in terms of gaining levels.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
This team only has 1 commit :negative:

USC r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I found a few dudes to blow points on and have otherwise invested heavily in a CB recruit against Sly. Gonna finish with a solid deep class, although it's bouyed by a bunch of 68-70 3* depth fillers.

Just really hoping this one ATH turns into the FS of the future I want him to be. Needed safeties so bad, got I think 1 or 2 of each. Had a back up for like 3 or 4 almost identical safetys last season who were all senior RS.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I found a few dudes to blow points on and have otherwise invested heavily in a CB recruit against Sly. Gonna finish with a solid deep class, although it's bouyed by a bunch of 68-70 3* depth fillers.

I think I'm going to concede him to you. I've been in a similar battle with Dio over a TE and I have young CBs and two other commits but no TEs and will have one after this season so all my points are going into him.

However...welcome to UNC Bret Bielema, former coach of Arkansas. Way to bring enough points to the game to completely fill out my DC tree. That was awfully nice of you.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Look, if we all just willingly colluded we could ALL fill out our classes

Slywalker13 posted:

I think I'm going to concede him to you. I've been in a similar battle with Dio over a TE and I have young CBs and two other commits but no TEs and will have one after this season so all my points are going into him.

Also, that TE is the only player I'm targeting, so you better be dropping mad points, bud.

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 18, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Look, if we all just willingly colluded we could ALL fill out our classes

IIRC last preseason I mentioned to ZSB that I was in need of linemen, and he asked if I wanted him to lay off of one we were both pursuing.
I said no figuring he'd do it in anyway out of the kindness in his heart...but there was no kindness.

So I highly doubt he will collude with anyone. The ACC is his throne and he would kill a man to protect it.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Things of the Year
Coach of the Year - Texas A. Wreckus for making BC competitive and ranked.

Haha thanks man

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

IIRC last preseason I mentioned to ZSB that I was in need of linemen, and he asked if I wanted him to lay off of one we were both pursuing.
I said no figuring he'd do it in anyway out of the kindness in his heart...but there was no kindness.

So I highly doubt he will collude with anyone. The ACC is his throne and he would kill a man to protect it.

I did the gentlemanly thing and offered to let him be, but if we are competing then yeah no mercy. PROTECT THIS HOUSE

As for the larger topic of collusion, I don't care y'all broker whatever deals you want. I will allow it.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

Diodeous posted:

Also, that TE is the only player I'm targeting, so you better be dropping mad points, bud.

I have a 155 point lead. I am dropping 14850 points.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Is this a poker bluff or are you serious

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Completely serious. My class is basically complete and of all the guys left I only want two. I'm only getting one, have a team need for a TE, and have a lead (unlike the studly CB Z and I want) so sorry.

Let the mind games begin.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Time to find out!

e: Advanced to Position Changes.

I am hilariously young and thin at so many critical spots, this is where it all falls apart for me I can see it. I also tried moving a backup to a new spot, which tanked his ratings and moving him back screwed him even more instead of just going back to what it was. So uhh oh well I guess. So many things to target this year, wiffed hard on Oline didn't entirely realize...

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 19, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
USC r2a. I have no depth.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a.

Surprisingly came away with a couple of nicely rated safeties, but they can't tackle for poo poo though.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC ready to go. Looks like I only got two offensive linemen. What the hell happened in the coastal this year?

Also I'm having Xbox issues, periodically the screen goes black for a second or two. Sounds continues to play, just the picture is gone. Today I never got any picture when I turned it on and had to reset the system. Any ideas? Has happened a few times during cpu games which is annoying. Could be very bad if it happens in a user game. Cables are good and tight.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What you're experiencing is the inevitable...sorta like Final Destination.

In one way or another the EA Gods will ensure our leagues come to an end.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Did mine from the web, r2a. After training results, this will be probably be the best OL I've had in the last 5 seasons. I've got good depth at all positions on the line and experience. My offense should definitely be taking a step forward, but my defense will likely be the same, if not slightly worse

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. Cut players.

This season is not as dire as I had feared. I will be respectable still. Thank goodness for training.

Do we have a title already chosen for this next season? If not suggestions.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Miami r2a.

A couple of things to note: I have what is now a redshirted So WR who hasn't gained any speed since he's been here.

Also, I think I'm down to about 58-60 players. That's the lowest amount I've ever had.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

A couple of things to note: I have what is now a redshirted So WR who hasn't gained any speed since he's been here.

I thought players did not consistently gain speed? I assume their their scouted speed is close to their final speed. Maybe I should have gone for that highly rated safety with a 75 speed.

UNC r2a

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Speed tends to be something that only shifts a few points for guys over their careers. A guy that starts with 80 ovr SPD will probably never be faster than 84 or 85 SPD. ACC is usually where you see big gains, as well as strength. Mostly awareness though, that has the biggest effect on the OVR score of any individual stat.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Typically your players gain 1+ SPD each year. This guy, for two years now, has gotten nothing.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Typically your players gain 1+ SPD each year. This guy, for two years now, has gotten nothing.

Unfortunate, but not unheard of (also sticks closely to my point of SPD being a stat that goes slowly if at all).

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
SPD is overrated. AGI is where it's at.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced. Conference Alignment time. This is the point of the advance where you can reset coach points (so it's kinda important).

New things! The ACC Champ will no longer go to the Orange Bowl against an at large foe, buoyed by the ACC's dominance of the national title picture for 3 of the last 4 years the ACC Champ will now go straight to a match up with the SEC Champ in the Sugar Bowl. Because the OB is dumb and go NAWLINS.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

We are in the preseason. I'll make a new thread when I'm ready.

Gonna be a good year I can feel it.

• Locked thread