Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

John Brown posted:

I really wish ZSB had missed that freaking 52-yard FG that put me away.

I make sure to recruit kickers/punters so I never have to worry about being stuck with a poo poo place kicker. Always need someone with good kick power. If FGs are needed to win, I make sure I'm prepared.

This is the only team I truly care about, the other dynasties are just gravy (as evidenced by my perpetual under achievement in them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
UNC over duke and ready to go.

I never complimented your insane stutter step against me JB. I don't think that play went for a TD but it gave you 30 more yards along the sideline. I can never get that juke to work but you embarrassed me on that play.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll try to take care of my game tonight

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

UNC over duke and ready to go.

I never complimented your insane stutter step against me JB. I don't think that play went for a TD but it gave you 30 more yards along the sideline. I can never get that juke to work but you embarrassed me on that play.

Thanks, it's my go-to. I would argue that Cletus is harder to tackle in the open field. He does some crazy combos that look like a 5 year-old mashing buttons, but somehow they're coordinated and effective.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Cletus is definitely the king of the juke move.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Ol Kancho used to humiliate me in the open field

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Ol Kancho used to humiliate me in the open field

Oh the good old days before I assumed his mantle of dark nemesis to all.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Oh the good old days before I assumed his mantle of dark nemesis to all.

Haha you may have beaten me more but he knew how to get under my skin.

drat I remember being so pissed every time we played because I'd be so close to pulling an upset as Wake or NC State - only to have him bust a 60 yard TD run from 3 broken tackles. And then he'd have the nerve to brag about beating me with the clearly better team haha.

It was only when I got Miami could I end his tyranny.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I do feel like I pull off successful jukes more often than anyone I ever play against. I am definitely much better running the ball than throwing it for sure, so I have more practice in the running game. The problem for me (especially against most of you) is getting into enough open space to pull them off.

This is likely the best run I've ever had (sorry Dio):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pyWcdh9YA

You can see where I am trying to lead both my blocker and the defender in a direction and wait until the last moment to pull off the move. And that spin move that I had to recover from - I wish I could say I have runs like that more often than not. What a beautiful return. :)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

I do feel like I pull off successful jukes more often than anyone I ever play against. I am definitely much better running the ball than throwing it for sure, so I have more practice in the running game. The problem for me (especially against most of you) is getting into enough open space to pull them off.

This is likely the best run I've ever had (sorry Dio):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_pyWcdh9YA

You can see where I am trying to lead both my blocker and the defender in a direction and wait until the last moment to pull off the move. And that spin move that I had to recover from - I wish I could say I have runs like that more often than not. What a beautiful return. :)

Holy poo poo I'm never giving you a returnable ball again. Illegal procedure all the way.

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 7, 2014

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I made my thoughts known on that run in the comments of the video

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I made my thoughts known on that run in the comments of the video
Haha yeah I guess I have it set to email me any comments so I saw it right away.

GT over UGA, forget the score.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

ACC Championship Game Week:

#4 Virginia Tech vs #12 NC State

Hope you're ready for your yearly stompin at the hands of the Hokies Dio. Thanks to your appearance in the title game we will have played in every season of the dynasty!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hope you're ready for your yearly stompin at the hands of the Hokies Dio. Thanks to your appearance in the title game we will have played in every season of the dynasty!

If I can make a request, I'd like you to take note of all the CPU teams in the top 10 and make sure we can destroy them next year.

tia

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

How does tomorrow night look for you? might have some time this afternoon as well

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

How does tomorrow night look for you? might have some time this afternoon as well

Monday night can work. I'll also be off tomorrow and tuesday if you have any time during the day (veterans day haha thanks city gov for that holiday that almost no one else gets).

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Veterans day is not likely for me. Rare day that gf and I both have off

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be around from 5pm est until 9pm est tonight if that works for you at all

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I'll be around from 5pm est until 9pm est tonight if that works for you at all

I can go right at 5 pm est, otherwise prb not. Sounds like we'd aim for Wednesday evening.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

If you want to go at 5 est that's not a problem, otherwise we can plan for Wednesday. Let me know

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

If you want to go at 5 est that's not a problem, otherwise we can plan for Wednesday. Let me know

Let's go as close to 5 est that we can and get this thing done.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I just got home. Let me crack a beer and smoke. I should be on in about 5-10

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hokies don't exactly dominate the game, but do dominate the score board 35-7 winning their 3rd straight ACC title, securing the 4th straight season with 12 wins, and making good on those high preseason rankings. Stats will look kinda close, I didn't choose to pass much, but the D got sticky fingers and left NCSU with a 1-5 ratio of converting scores in the red zone (2 picks, 1 stop on downs, 1 missed FG, late TD) which really sunk them. An earlier pick 6 before the half didn't help either. I was largely stymied on offense save for QB Parsons doing his thang (which was again reasonably silly), but cranked out more yards in the 2nd half to burn away clock.

Defense was good this time man, just sort of the usual for our VT/NCSU games. That QB of yours is almost as dangerous as mine.

Bowl Week: This is the first season the ACC has not placed 2 teams in BCS bowls or teams in the NCG game since we started the dynasty.

Orange Bowl: #25 UCF vs #3 VT
Chick Fila Bowl: #7 Miami vs Tennessee
Russell Athletic Bowl: #10 UNC vs USF
Sun Bowl: #12 NC State vs Oregon State
Music City Bowl: #21 Boston College vs Mississippi State
Advocare V100 Bowl: #20 GT vs Arkansas State
Military Bowl: South Carolina vs Buffalo

Y'all got through the weekend. Then it's the offseason while we prepare for S5. To Boldly Go Where No Dynasty Has Gone Before....

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You played a great game and that QB of yours is a bitch to stop. I'd bottle him up one play and then he'd bust out a 40 yarder the next.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Why does the game feel even faster now?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Why does the game feel even faster now?
EA finally released a patch that improves performance, fixes the coach XP bug, and allows for play-offs when setting up dynasties.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

EA finally released a patch that improves performance, fixes the coach XP bug, and allows for play-offs when setting up dynasties.

I need this now :stare:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

UHHH WUT

Assuming sarcasm.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 11, 2014

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

Get out.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

gently caress you, Cletus :argh:

E: I'm REALLY struggling with recruiting olinemen. This team is destined to fall apart over the next season or two.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Ohh did you ever go for it, the ol' man-eating toaster bit!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

John Brown posted:

E: I'm REALLY struggling with recruiting olinemen. This team is destined to fall apart over the next season or two.

You still have a stacked team that is ranked well in the future for championship contenderness.

UNC r2a.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
USC r2a. Dropped 90 on poor Buffalo. Sorry that they had to feel my wrath after feeling cheated in my earlier game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT r2a also, forgot to mention earlier.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Slywalker13 posted:

You still have a stacked team that is ranked well in the future for championship contenderness.

UNC r2a.

You should know from playing ZSB every season that being stacked at the skill positions doesn't mean much against VT.

It's all about the trenches.

E: Miami r2a

John Brown fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 11, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

You should from playing ZSB every season that being stacked at the skill positions doesn't mean much against VT.

It's all about the trenches.

E: Miami r2a

The game is legit built upon the trenches Oline, Dline, they make all the difference (kinda like IRL football one of the things i appreciate most about this iteration). I feel for anyone that's been having trouble recruiting them (myself on the Oline as well) because nothing derails a loaded skill position team faster than dudes that can't block for poo poo.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
The Golden Eagles get a dub in the Music City Bowl to finish the season at 9-4. I'll take it.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Looks like everyone has played except you now, ZSB!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced to players leaving. 24 hrs. Then it's onto recruiting.

Season 4 has come to a close, so it's time for our end of season wrap.

Final Rankings
#3 Virginia Tech 13-1
#7 Miami 11-2
#10 UNC 11-2
#11 FSU 10-3
#17 NC State 11-3
#20 Georgia Tech 9-4
#21 Boston College 9-4

Award Winners
A. Parsons QB VT -Heisman Winner
T. Edmunds HB VT - Maxwell, Walter Camp, Doak Walker, Heisman Runner Up
A. Crawford CB Miami - Bednarik, Thorpe
K. Ekanem DE VT - Nagurski, Lombardi
S. Coley WR Miami - Best Ret

All Americans

First Team All Americans
HB - T. Edmunds VT
HB - T. Logan UNC
LT - J. McLaughlin VT
LG - C. Peterson UNC
LE - K. Ekanem VT
LE - A. Muhamed Miami
DT - E. Moore Miami
LB - A. Motuapuaka VT
CB - A. Crawford Miami
CB - B. Facyson VT
FS - S. Davis VT
SS - C. Heaven UNC
Ret- S. Coley Miami

Second Team All Americans
HB - B. Dillard Miami
WR - G. Kidd Miami
LG - P. Osterloh VT
RT - A. Conte VT
RE - T. McCord Miami
DT - A. Smith VT
DT - M. Anderson NCSU
LB - S. Rashad UNC
LB - D. Davis NCSU
LB - D. Perryman Miami
FS - D. Smith Miami
SS - R. Jenkins Miami

Freshman All Americans
LT - M. Montgomery UNC
C - C. Murphy UNC
DT - O. Royal NCSU
CB - J. Long UNC
SS - B. Tucker GT
K - C. Robertson Miami

Total All Americans By School
Miami - 11
VT - 9
UNC - 7
NCSU - 3
GT - 1

First Team All ACC
QB - P. Dewey Miami
HB - T. Edmunds VT
HB - T. Logan UNC
WR - G. Kidd Miami
WR - Q. Davis UNC
LT - J. McLaughlin VT
LG - C. Peterson UNC
C - B. Kennedy NCSU
LG - P. Osterloh VT
RT - A. Conte VT
LE - K. Ekanem VT
LE - A. Muhamed Miami
DT - E. Moore Miami
LB - S. Rashad UNC
LB - A. Motuapuaka VT
LB - D. Perryman Miami
CB - A. Crawford Miami
CB - B. Facyson VT
FS - S. Davis VT
SS - C. Heaven UNC
K - B. Abbot VT
P - R. Cannon Miami
Ret- S. Coley Miami

Good Stats Only Cause I'm lazy and whatever
Miami with the #1 offense gaining 6872 yards.
Miami had the best passing attacking going for 4258 yards through the air.
Virginia Tech had the best rushing attacking gaining 4244 yards on the ground.
Miami scored the most PPG @ 58.2.
NCSU protected the QB best allowing only 10 sacks.
NCSU gained the most first downs getting 324.
UNC had the best D allowing 2446 yards.
UNC had the best pass D allowing 2152 yards.
UNC had the best run D allowing 594 yards.
UNC allowed the fewest points against allowing 140.
Miami sacked opposing QBs most doing so 66 times.
VT/Miami converted 3rd downs at the highest rate doing so 61% of the time.
VT converted 4th downs at the highest rate doing so 87% (7/8).
BC was most efficient scoring in the red zone doing so 91% of the time.
Miami had the best red zone D allowing a score 76% of the time.
UNC was least penalized getting 5/60 yards.
Miami had the best TO ratio at +20.
VT/Miami/BC tied for the fewest turnovers giving up 18 times each.
Miami had the most takeaways with 38.

Things of the Year
Coach of the Year - Texas A. Wreckus for making BC competitive and ranked.
OPOTY/DPOTY - I will listen to nominations because otherwise I dunno I'd just pick coastal guys (Parsons for powering me to the ACC Title, UNC D cause drat), but that seems boring so let's have some internet chat about it.

The Heisman winner wasn't an All American and is only the 2nd Team All ACC QB. This game is weird sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Uhh I have 14 guys getting drafted - 6 in the 1st round. Unfortunately I lost a freshman Guard (homesick) which is another huge blow to my oline.

Also, same thing happened here ZSB where I got a new OC and his points have already been chosen for him. I'd like to fix that if possible.

Miami r2a

• Locked thread