Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

real blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCqEOboRctY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kVj79BFbOI

buddy guy isnt that bad though, but white englishmen blues is pretty bad except for the rolling stones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Amethyst posted:

what's your problem

You seem hostile what's wrong friend

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

TheJoker138 posted:

No one's favorite book is the bible. Not even hardcore Christians. I mean, they've obviously never read it, you can tell that by the poo poo they believe. And I don't blame them. That book reads like...well, the bible.

Actually hillary clinton said this and goons mocked her mercilessly, despite believing a 'favorite' musician choice as bland and pandering as paul simon is respectable.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some loving wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the loving foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You loving (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. loving wogs, man. loving Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and loving Jamaicans and loving (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want loving wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for gently caress's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!

Did somebody actually say all this? Seems a little too long for you to have made it up.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
bluesdads won't know what him em

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

stratdax posted:

Did somebody actually say all this? Seems a little too long for you to have made it up.
from a movie about cunts

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Eric Clapton murdered a child and got away clean because he wrote an emotional song about it. That guy in georgia that cooked his kid hosed up.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Widestancer posted:

You seem hostile what's wrong friend

i'm hostile toward my enemies

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

gagelion posted:

basically two steps above nickelback and one above dadrock, they perfectly straddle the line between mediocre and acceptable. literally no one finds them remotely interesting but theyre just inoffensive and associated with culture/"trendy" enough that theyre a safe choice for anyone who wants to look "cool" without risking anything.

seriously think about the sort of person who would go to an eric clapton concert who is younger than 50.

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ0vm6fxNtc

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!

stratdax posted:

morrissey said this

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nalk posted:

morrissey said this

morrisey has no wife

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!

Waltzing Along posted:

morrisey has no wife

it's just his famous wit in action you see

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nalk posted:

it's just his famous wit in action you see

i remember and interview where he was asked about electronic and their new single getting away with it

"apt title"

the thing is electonic are better than morrissey solo ever could hope to be.

also he's a oval office

Guy Fleegman
Jul 8, 2009

by XyloJW
I'm surprised you can even hear them seeing your head is so far up you rear end, OP.

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!

Waltzing Along posted:

i remember and interview where he was asked about electronic and their new single getting away with it

"apt title"

the thing is electonic are better than morrissey solo ever could hope to be.

also he's a oval office

agreed I really enjoy the smiths though.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Paul McCartney WAS good.
Nowadays, he shouldn't sing. He's just really bad.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I saw buddy guy last year, he was pretty good for being a thousand years old

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Haverchuck posted:

I saw buddy guy last year, he was pretty good for being a thousand years old

did you smugly congratulate yourself for liking him?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gagelion posted:

did you smugly congratulate yourself for liking him?

yeah he must have thought he was cool as gently caress hanging out with a bunch of 56 year old blues dads

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
"Wow! Im really seeing buddy guy! In the front row! I feel bad for all of those plebians seeing contemporary artists and having sex!"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gagelion posted:

"Wow! Im really seeing buddy guy! In the front row! I feel bad for all of those plebians seeing contemporary artists and having sex!"

youre loving stupid

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Amethyst posted:

i'm hostile toward my enemies

If your enemy is stupid posters, then you're hopelessly outnumbered here in GBS.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i dont even know a buddy guy song but i automatically like him because of how much of a fag you are against his music

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I've heard of buddy guy but I've never heard his music. I should check it out

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Cucking Mama posted:

I've heard of buddy guy but I've never heard his music. I should check it out

hes pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5xA6ty0a4

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Edwyn, that was not too good. Guess the only hit you could come up with was "A Girl Like You" way back when. I think McCartney had a few more successful records, fella.

But true, Buddy Guy sucks, his out-of-tune bends, corny songs and stage gimmicks were lame back in the 80s and they're worse now, but cause he's a LEGEND, no-one notices.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The fact that so many books still name the Beatles "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success: the Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worth of being saved.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Piano player, goon or redditor?

Or both?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

gagelion posted:

I hear the whole "wailing on an electric guitar" thing is p popular these days it's probably not going away

eSports Chaebol fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 26, 2014

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Clapton only knows how to guitar solo in blues style so every non-blues song sounds hosed up as a result

typical Eric Clapton live gig experience:
"darlin', you look wonderful, toniiiight..." BOW-CHIKKA-WOW-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW*

*the extra O's are for the bendy as gently caress note

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

gagelion posted:

basically two steps above nickelback and one above dadrock, they perfectly straddle the line between mediocre and acceptable. literally no one finds them remotely interesting but theyre just inoffensive and associated with culture/"trendy" enough that theyre a safe choice for anyone who wants to look "cool" without risking anything.

seriously think about the sort of person who would go to an eric clapton concert who is younger than 50.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

comes along bort posted:

george rr martin taught them some tin pan alley arrangement tricks, big deal. they wrote songs that sounded like commercial jingles and people are consumerist pigs ergo they enjoy songs that sound like commercial jingles. demolition man accurately predicted the future in that regard by correctly interpreting the past

Yeah George RR Martin is pretty much responsible for everything that people like about the Beatles.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Paul McCartney should be publicly executed for the crime against humanity that is Wonderful Christmas Time.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Look, if you don't appreciate the genius behind 'When I'm Sixty-Four' and 'Ob-Li-Di, Ob-Li-Da' I simply don't know what to tell you beyond 'lighten up, Morrissey'.

Applecross WC.
Sep 13, 2004
Reverence and Disregard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehqKpPmVcK4

This is different than his normal stuff, but by far Paul's best song.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Is anybody at all surprised that a complete human being has human being rear end opinions?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Whiskey Sours posted:

Eric Clapton is by far history's greatest racist guitar player.

And if you don't cry a little during Tears in Heaven you have no soul.

I want a dub step remix of tears in heaven that has a sick drop

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Quote-Unquote posted:

I want a dub step remix of tears in heaven that has a sick drop
makes sense, after all it's about a sick drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU