Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Live on at 10:00 PDT/13:00 EDT, the Nevada State Athletic Commission brings a stacked hearing with a marquee main event:

NEVADA STATE ATHETLIC COMMISSION vs. CHAEL SONNEN

Hearing of disciplinary complaint against mixed martial artist Chael Sonnen, for possible action.

Also featuring:

VITOR BELFORT

Request by mixed martial artist Vitor Belfort for a license per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 467.017 (attained the age of 35 years or over), for possible action. (Record 24-10).

STATE OF NEVADA DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY ATHLETIC COMMISSION

Chairman: Francisco V. Aguilar
Members: Skip Avansino, Bill Brady, Pat Lundvall, Anthony A. Marnell III

Full hearing schedule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
This is as far as I got

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm psyched for this disciplinary hearing

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

There really aren't many good pictures of the commission members, except these ones:

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

masato tatanka posted:

There really aren't many good pictures of the commission members, except these ones:

This game day thread is a failure then. How will I know who Chael is addressing when he's speaking about catastrophic testicle failure?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Agent Tough Juice posted:

This game day thread is a failure then. How will I know who Chael is addressing when he's speaking about catastrophic testicle failure?

Which not-judge is he calling "your honor" this time? Everything's a shambles! (Sham balls is also what Chael has)

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

Which not-judge is he calling "your honor" this time? Everything's a shambles! (Sham balls is also what Chael has)

*bows deeply*

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I hope they throw the book at Chael and let Vitor headline a stadium show in Brazil.

NSAC gonna NSAC.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

I hope they throw the book at Chael and let Vitor headline a stadium show in Brazil.

NSAC gonna NSAC.

In Chael's case, more like NoSAC

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm really more upset about chael losing his fox gig so the stakes for this hearing are pretty minor

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

-Atom- posted:

NSAC gonna NSAC.

Dana has already said he's open to Vitor vs. Weidman in Brazil which means he wants to do it and not have to deal with those meddling NSAC people.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

eric posted:

Dana has already said he's open to Vitor vs. Weidman in Brazil which means he wants to do it and not have to deal with those meddling NSAC people.

They've generally abided by whatever NSAC has decided though.

Anyone remember how long these things end up going? I think the last one I watched any of was Chael and Barnett at CSAC.

Is this the best card we've had since then? Too bad we lost Wandy.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

eric posted:

On one hand I am all for Weidman crushing Vitor and the Brazilian crowd. But on the other hand why should he have to go out of his way to accommodate who has failed one test and had his career all but derailed by a second?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Trast posted:

On one hand I am all for Weidman crushing Vitor and the Brazilian crowd. But on the other hand why should he have to go out of his way to accommodate who has failed one test and had his career all but derailed by a second?

Because Chris Weidman doesn't really seem to care who he fights, where he fights them, or when he fights them.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

eric posted:

He explicitly said that they'd only do Vitor/Weidman in Brazil if NSAC licensed him and signed off on it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

LobsterMobster posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

In Chael's case, more like NoSAC

God drat.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

haha

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

LobsterMobster posted:

Because Chris Weidman doesn't really seem to care who he fights, where he fights them, or when he fights them.

I know he doesn't care. But I think his camp has been on record as being against having to defend in Brazil. Serra probably can't find any good pizza down there.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Haha, the UFC app just sent an alert to my phone that the hearing is starting.

Here's the link: http://www.ufc.tv/video/nsac-commission-hearing

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Haha Francisco V. Aguilar had to explain to everyone what a "call to order" meant. This is all very professional.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is Chael calling in?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Haha, the UFC app just sent an alert to my phone that the hearing is starting.

Same.

I've had the app for ages now and this is the first alert ever.

For an NSAC hearing, no less.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

coconono posted:

Is Chael calling in?

I can't tell if he's there or on the phone.

I love that the UFC is going all out and providing lower thirds for people when they show closeups.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr Eric Astrada is apparently the dude on the phone and he is rather sickly.

"I'm in great shape."

*coughs miserably*

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Why would Chael even show up to this if he's retired?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

THERE'S VITOR!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Coming up next: Vitor Belfort

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Q: How many performance enhancing drugs are in this picture?

A: All of them.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

Because they can still compel him to pay them money. Lots of money.

I like this Francisco fellow. He has a nice smile.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Skip My Posts posted:

Because he was scheduled to fight when he was popped you dumb dumb.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

calling in from underpass.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

These 30+ aged boxers that are barely able to string a coherent sentence together while apparently calling from the john or the side of the loving highway are reducing me to tears of laughter and joy.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Hahaha they're literally laughing at his explanation of what he was in "possession" of

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Is every single phone line open at the same time?
This is loving hilarious.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NSAC is gonna lay a bitch out if you don't shut the gently caress up.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

coconono posted:

NSAC is gonna lay a bitch out if you don't shut the gently caress up.

Moot your phone!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Whoever wrote Robert's Rules of Order is spinning in his grave at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

this my first time fighting in the lava

• Locked thread