Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Chael is a loving gangster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Chael walking right the gently caress up to Marnell to shake hands.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I bet that doctor and the DA are loving furious

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
mr sonnen, your punishment is you are reinstated as a ufc fighter

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The retired fighter can't fight for two years, guys.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
So uh, Metamoris doesn't count? That's awesome.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Hahaha I'd like to go to my best friend Floyd's gym on official business if that's cool with you guys.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Yuriy posted:

I'm really sad I missed this because of class, it sounded better than a lot of actual UFC events

It was everything I could've asked for.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

So uh, Metamoris doesn't count? That's awesome.

It's amateur, so...

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

ChampRamp posted:

It's amateur, so...

And I know they don't even test but I forsure thought someone would bring it up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
This was a lot of fun and I love you guys!

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
I missed the beginning, did they talk about the results of Vitor's surprise test? or does that not matter anymore.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Nifft posted:

I missed the beginning, did they talk about the results of Vitor's surprise test? or does that not matter anymore.

no, it doesn't matter, but mr marnell was very pro-vitor belfort, a strange thing for a man who is against superpowers considering vitor belfort's fighting style can be adequately described as '40 donkey punches a second'

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Nifft posted:

He just said he took a super dose of it because he was flying between countries and didn't want to bother packing extra doses.

Because that's a perfectly sane and in no way dangerous way to inject drugs.

brb taking enough aspirin for the next year incase I get a headache sometime in Fall

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
good day.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I'm super bummed i missed this. gently caress

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

show of the loving year

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
I just got home and I am reading through this thread and... MMA is the best

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what's this about chael working with/for nsac? none of the news sites (that i've seen) have anything up about chael yet

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Eat This Glob posted:

what's this about chael working with/for nsac? none of the news sites (that i've seen) have anything up about chael yet

Chael Sonnen up now just before 2:40 p.m. ET

Sonnen was sworn in.

Sonnen's lawyer says that he isn't "making excuses" for his violations, but that they were for prescribed medications.

Sonnen admits that he knew the drugs were banned substances. It's worth noting that on Fox Sports 1 after his first failed test he claimed it was impossible to know what was banned.

Sonnen is being questioned why he was being prescribed drugs in the "same profile" by three different doctors.

"I'm so cautious to have a conversation today because I don't want to say anything that comes off as an excuse. I am guilty. I am ashamed." - Sonnen on his current hearing.

Anti-estrogen drugs that Sonnen tested positive for are discussed by the commission and their role as a masking agent.

A lot of talking about each drug and it's role as a PED or PED masking agent.

This part of the meeting has been unbelievable. The commission has called Sonnen brave for appearing (despite it being mandatory) and has asked for advice FROM Sonnen on drug testing programs.

Wow, now the assistant attorney general says "you gotta be kidding me that you inject yourself with needles and you don't know it's prohibited."

Commissioners spend a bunch more time referring to Sonnen as "a friend" and suggesting a role as an educator while Anthony Marnell (the newest commissioner) says he wants a lifetime ban. It ends up as a 2 year ban with no fine.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Eat This Glob posted:

he didn't literally get a job, but just an advisory role

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here
I'm at work but PLEASE can someone summarize Vitor and Chael's hearing? Like, are you guys trolling or something? No way any of this poo poo is real.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I just got home and I am reading through this thread and... MMA is the best

this. good thread, thanks for the pbp although I wish i had bought fight pass for this now

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

iLikeMidgets posted:

I'm at work but PLEASE can someone summarize Vitor and Chael's hearing? Like, are you guys trolling or something? No way any of this poo poo is real.

Vitor literally cried, got off scot-free and the commissioner called him his best friend.

Chael admitted to everything, said the rules were confusing, got the DA and medical expert really pissed off, then was suspended for two years and will be advising the board on matters for a while. He then went immediately to the commissioner and shook his hand. It should be noted that the commissioner was worried about people on drugs with "superhuman" power hitting opponents in the head, this was not brought up with Vitor though, just Chael.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Chael fought the law and it's a majority draw :confused:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the doctor's testimony was probably the most partial language i have heard in roughly forever

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

Don't forget to mention how Chael got away with no financial penalty other than paying for the testing because "he lost two jobs we don't want to beat up on him more".

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
who instituted nsac as a governing body, and can that privilege be taken away?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Actually better than every MMA event in 2014 so far. I'm speechless

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I read the thread and the exerpts and stuff but I think I have to watch it for myself because while it's the nsac, it's still Literally Unbelievable.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
If you listen carefully you can hear Zach Arnold smashing his monitor with a chair

mewse
May 2, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

I read the thread and the exerpts and stuff but I think I have to watch it for myself because while it's the nsac, it's still Literally Unbelievable.

Is the replay gonna be available on fight pass?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

[Doorbell rings. Chael opens the door, revealing several old white people]

"Fannie Mae, Freddie, what are you guys doing here?"

"Chael, we heard you had some free time while you are serving your suspension. We are planning a big operation. That stuff in 2012 was small change. We need you as our front man."

"Come on guys, you know I'm out of the game now. But just out of curiosity... What's the gig?"

[Cut to Chael testifying before Congress]

"Mr. Sonnen, we heartily accept your apology for attempting to steal the federal reserve. Additionally, we think it's so brave of you to appear before us today, we all voted and congratulations, you are now president of the United States."

"It looks like it's one more win...FOR THE BAD GUY."

[Cut to black]

Martin Scorsese presents

The Wolf of Ball Street

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

"Chael, we heard you had some free time while you are serving your suspension. We are planning a big operation. That stuff in 2012 was small change. We need you as our front man."

"Come on guys, you know I'm out of the game now. But just out of curiosity... What's the gig?"

"Mr. Sonnen, we heartily accept your apology for attempting to steal the federal reserve. Additionally, we think it's so brave of you to appear before us today, we all voted and congratulations, you are now president of the United States."

[Cut to black]

Martin Scorsese presents

The Wolf of Ball Street

Looks like they sent the poet this time. God bless you DWG.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
My client is not pleading his innocence but he is however saying the rules the way they are written are pretty confusing. I mean, break into Fort Knox, don't break into Fort Knox I can't make heads or tails of the rules and I don't think most professional robbers can either

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

[Cut to black]

Martin Scorsese presents

The Wolf of Ball Street

:golfclap:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Just reading this thread was loving hilarious. Chael actually gets to advise the commission? Sweet jesus, can we get a video highlight or something?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I had to leave for a thing and missed the handshakes at the end, which sucks because that sounds like the perfect cap off to a bizarre loving hour and a half. I was gonna say Chael beat the system but really the system took a dive.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I would give my left nut to get the whole rundown of how this ended up streaming on fightpass and how much of a raise that person got for putting on the best event of FP's life so far.

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Everybody loves pride but nobody loves steroids. I don't understand all the negativity. Did any of the committee members even ask about how his balls were doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

This is so clearly a fix with the UFC in on it, how long until they just outright start rigging fights?

• Locked thread