Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Almost done with the Bosch/Haller/McCaleb books from Michael Connelly. Someone earlier mentioned Ian Rankin and the Rebus series so I guess I'll look there next. I also really enjoyed Sandford's books, especially Virgil Flowers. This may be getting more into airport fiction territory but what else should I be checking out in this vein?

I've, of course, also read all the Reacher books.

Dang, I forgot about the Charlie Parker series from John Connolly - I read Every Dead Thing years ago and liked it. That should keep me busy for awhile.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Brief update: I'm not sure John Connolly is a very good writer.....especially coming from a Michael Connelly and Sandford stint.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Ok, I'm going to check out Parker and Block as soon as I finish the latest Virgil Flowers book.

I like how dark the John Connolly books are but man, I'm just not digging his writing style. He's very guilty of the whole blatant foreshadowing trope of, "...and it was the last time I ever saw him alive." Also, it seemed like the first book especially tread the supernatural line very well in that the elements were there but more in the background. It's clear the books are heading are bit too far into Dresden territory to scratch the straight detective itch.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread