Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
servo106
Apr 26, 2006

Pink Robot Army posted:

Has anyone read any of the 87th Precinct books by Ed McBain? I've heard them mentioned a lot of the same circles as the other big hardboiled authors, but there are so many, I've never known which were good and which were duds. Same kind of goes for the Scudder books by Lawrence Block.

As previously mentioned the McBain novels are kind of samey. The Scudder books by Block however, are excellent(along with almost anything he writes. Lucky at Cards is one I highly recommend) he does a great job of making NYC almost a character in the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

Has anyone else read the Robert Galbraith books Rowling wrote? Not terribly noir-ish but, overall very solid detective novels with some pretty likable characters.

• Locked thread