Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

skeletonotherkin posted:

I guess I don't :/, It just seems to me that the situation hes describing would ultimately result in nuclear war.

Hes describing the mid 20th century then?

hes describing professional, all volunteer armies. all major powers in the world at present are all volunteer. there are only a few countries in europe left with a draft i believe, or none. and the inevitable military worship and benefits for military members thing that happens cause they willingly put their life on the line and all that. it's still happening and is going to continue, until the next major world war if there will be one.

but i think his last sentence is just idealistic and will never happen. and i don't think it was culture clash that caused any of the above to happen, just raw production capacity and industrial efficiency. don't need much culture to field an effective army.

and yea he was partly wrong because nukes but he was right because the threat of military power throughout the 20th century allowed economic warfare and covert operations to make all the gains that the military would have done. and in the rare occurences where it couldn't, the major powers did send their military in to stake their territorial claims etc.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

hes describing professional, all volunteer armies. all major powers in the world at present are all volunteer. there are only a few countries in europe left with a draft i believe, or none. and the inevitable military worship and benefits for military members thing that happens cause they willingly put their life on the line and all that. it's still happening and is going to continue, until the next major world war if there will be one.

but i think his last sentence is just idealistic and will never happen. and i don't think it was culture clash that caused any of the above to happen, just raw production capacity and industrial efficiency. don't need much culture to field an effective army.

and yea he was partly wrong because nukes but he was right because the threat of military power throughout the 20th century allowed economic warfare and covert operations to make all the gains that the military would have done. and in the rare occurences where it couldn't, the major powers did send their military in to stake their territorial claims etc.

Thank you, also sorry about being a dick to you in previous threads.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Manifest posted:

I love these Dork Enlightenment guys.

So we're left with a dichotomous choice between apartheid and segregation. Cool.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

skeletonotherkin posted:

Thank you, also sorry about being a dick to you in previous threads.

your name looks familiar but i don't remember why. i guess you didn't make it on my internal poo poo list. my criteria is you have to be both dumb and mean. dumb doesn't cut it because that implies humility and a willingness to change, and mean doesn't cut it because it can be funny and/or necessary and implies intelligence more often than not cause its confident, but dumb and mean is the worst and i hate it. failing to understand and being an rear end about it. so you're probably an alright poster idk. not dumb or mean in my shitposting estimation.

edit now i see..nah man those posts were fine. i dunno why i'm saying all this but i just want to make it clear that i personally don't mind if someone disagrees with me meanly but intelligently. i think everyone should be that way. idk.

and reading that thread you are talking about, i realize Agag made some good posts in there so maybe i shouldn't hate on them as hard as i was yesterday. i have a very short memory, and i also had a bad day yesterday though.

and if you are apologizing because you thought i was an idiot before but you see i actually think things through now, that's cool, but if you feel bad and think i'm still an idiot you don't have to. stick to your guns. don't apologize. (i am dealing with a similar situation in my family life as part of the many troubles and so this is what i am thinking about i guess)

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 10, 2014

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

and if you are apologizing because you thought i was an idiot before but you see i actually think things through now, that's cool, but if you feel bad and think i'm still an idiot you don't have to. stick to your guns. don't apologize. (i am dealing with a similar situation in my family life as part of the many troubles and so this is what i am thinking about i guess)

I never thought you were stupid and your obviously more well read than I am. I think I was giving you grief for being one of the people debating nihilist philosophy in a thread about the glory of giving up and drinking beer while wearing sweat pants?

If this were true I'd take even greater pleasure in calling her a racist. Blacks kind of drop the ball in terms of coming up with a slur for white people thats as degrading as niger.

skeletonotherkin fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 10, 2014

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

skeletonotherkin posted:

I never thought you were stupid and your obviously more well read than I am. I think I was giving you grief for being one of the people debating nihilist philosophy in a thread about the glory of giving up and drinking beer while wearing sweat pants?

oh lol, i only checked the posts in the liberal thread you made in your post history. yea that thread got ridiculous. but i'll take any amount of flack to talk about what's important to me. no one gives a poo poo day to day and on the internet i can say everything i want to say without getting interrupted or the subject getting changed. this is why people write books i guess, but i'm just not that smart yet. takes a lot of ideas to write a book

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
people get fired from posting controversial poo poo on facebook all the time. Doesn't have to even be terrible opinions, if they differ from your boss, consider yourself fired if you're in a right to work state. The fact that she's in California and probably works for similar libertarian douche nozzles is likely why her rear end hasn't been thrown out the door. The fact that she says she represent google and constantly name drops them makes me surprised she hasn't been sacked yet, though. You never talk about work on social media.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Dark Enlightenment" nerds will never not be funny.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Also wtf is up claiming (incorrectly) to be a driving force in OWS and at the same time being a lolbertarian manchild (transchild?). The Bakunin quote is the diarrhea icing on the feces cake, she literally has no idea what any loving word means.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tias posted:

Also wtf is up claiming (incorrectly) to be a driving force in OWS and at the same time being a lolbertarian manchild (transchild?). The Bakunin quote is the diarrhea icing on the feces cake, she literally has no idea what any loving word means.

I think she's probably sufficiently mentally ill to actually believe her story about Machiavellian power struggles in the OWS leadership at this point. In reality I suspect she was just the sperg running the website.

Not that being behind the flash-in-the-pan failure that was OWS is something to brag about.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Agag posted:

I think she's probably sufficiently mentally ill to actually believe her story about Machiavellian power struggles in the OWS leadership at this point. In reality I suspect she was just the sperg running the website.

Not that being behind the flash-in-the-pan failure that was OWS is something to brag about.

she is a top twitter tranny so she is mentally ill and also trolling the world for attention as trannies do

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That mspaint twitter picture is totally misleading, bitch got a jaw like Baron Ünderbheit.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
the phrase "top twitter tranny" is my greatest contribution to the forums

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gammatron 64 posted:

people get fired from posting controversial poo poo on facebook all the time. Doesn't have to even be terrible opinions, if they differ from your boss, consider yourself fired if you're in a right to work state. The fact that she's in California and probably works for similar libertarian douche nozzles is likely why her rear end hasn't been thrown out the door. The fact that she says she represent google and constantly name drops them makes me surprised she hasn't been sacked yet, though. You never talk about work on social media.

she's in new york. still bad though

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

anchoress posted:

change your name it is the best catchiest name there ever was and will be outside of dad gay, so what

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

anchoress posted:

agreed. whats your avatar about by the way

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
This one is the definition of irony.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

she is a top twitter tranny so she is mentally ill and also trolling the world for attention as trannies do

I don't find her behavior any different from the other Dork Enlightenment clowns, most of whom aren't transsexuals.

Also she has like 2000 followers. She's an also-ran twitter tranny. SA only knows about her because SA finds the saddest obscure poo poo on the Internet to laugh at, and she's definitely that.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Agag posted:

I don't find her behavior any different from the other Dork Enlightenment clowns, most of whom aren't transsexuals.

Also she has like 2000 followers. She's an also-ran twitter tranny. SA only knows about her because SA finds the saddest obscure poo poo on the Internet to laugh at, and she's definitely that.

i had an epiphany about all of this but I lost the words to describe it. Something about a cloud of desperation futility and sadness somehow related to the world today and how we are living in roaring 20s redux and there is an impending economic crash on the horizon and that this will somehow end up with her getting shived in a bread line

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Agag posted:

It's true, and she's one of the funniest.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

i had an epiphany about all of this but I lost the words to describe it. Something about a cloud of desperation futility and sadness somehow related to the world today and how we are living in roaring 20s redux and there is an impending economic crash on the horizon and that this will somehow end up with her getting shived in a bread line

Her life will be nothing but offices and computer chairs until she dies. The Dork Enlightenment is a subset of contemporary libertarianism, which is itself an entirely white middle class phenomenon. But what I dream about is these people actually trying to implement their "neo-reactionary" agenda. It would never happen, they will never do anything but blog, but if they tried I would weep for joy as Tea Party rednecks, black bloc anarchists, Koch plutocrats, and lefty trade unionists joined hands to crush these nerds into paste.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Agag posted:

Her life will be nothing but offices and computer chairs until she dies. The Dork Enlightenment is a subset of contemporary libertarianism, which is itself an entirely white middle class phenomenon. But what I dream about is these people actually trying to implement their "neo-reactionary" agenda. It would never happen, they will never do anything but blog, but if they tried I would weep for joy as Tea Party rednecks, black bloc anarchists, Koch plutocrats, and lefty trade unionists joined hands to crush these nerds into paste.

I HAVE A FORUMS CRUSH :allears:

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

That mspaint twitter picture is totally misleading, bitch got a jaw like Baron Ünderbheit.

and politics to match.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Manifest posted:

This one is the definition of irony.

ummmm she doesnt say you cant be both

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
oooh, it's a little pop-up LF

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Let us enjoy her latest contribution to the world, a tribute to the Great Man himself, Mencius Moldbug

https://the-good-news.storage.googleapis.com/assets/pdf/unqualified-reservations-gentle-introduction.pdf

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
i think Justine Tunney might just be trolling? idk. she is good friends with weev, as every piece of poo poo is.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Tautologicus posted:

agreed. whats your avatar about by the way

idk I got it off tumblr. i think it's some art thing, i just like it because it's high impact

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
weev on justine tunney:

quote:

I have worked with Justine Tunney. Not at Google, however. She writes clean and well-documented code. Obviously there is a huge gap in our politics, as I am not an advocate of monarchy or into neoreaction. My politics are generally quite anti-authoritarian. However, she seems to be an extremely effective problem solver and a level-headed, even-handed, fair person that generally cares about building things and accomplishing goals.

lol

weev is claiming he is living in the levant and preparing for his retribution against the evil USA soon, for the record. good ppl.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Agag posted:

srsly anyone who takes these retards seriously should train in weapons use and military tactics, cuz if a new aristocatic class is established its gonna be the good old way: by being really good at killing fuckers

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

babypolis posted:

srsly anyone who takes these retards seriously should train in weapons use and military tactics, cuz if a new aristocatic class is established its gonna be the good old way: by being really good at killing fuckers

already working on it

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

babypolis posted:

That's where their plan falls down. This is also why they never talk about implementation or any kind of praxis. They are hypothesizing a very coercive and violent society, but they are not in any position to provide the violence necessary, nor are any of the actual violent people in the country going to act on their behalf.

So they all jack each other off on their blogs instead.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

babypolis posted:

im building a motte & bailey on a confluence of rivers and sending thugs out to squeeze the peasantry even as we speak...

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
In the IT industry, you can be a outspoken rear end in a top hat with insane political beliefs as long as you remain financially useful.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ashgromnies posted:

i think Justine Tunney might just be trolling? idk. she is good friends with weev, as every piece of poo poo is.

The line between trolling and actual belief is blurry with some of these people. Isn't post-jail Weev an out 'n' proud naaaazi now, complete with swastika tattoo and everything, who moved to Lebanon to escape the evil jew-controlled USA? Or is that just more trolling...

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

The line between trolling and actual belief is blurry with some of these people. Isn't post-jail Weev an out 'n' proud naaaazi now, complete with swastika tattoo and everything, who moved to Lebanon to escape the evil jew-controlled USA? Or is that just more trolling...

They decide based on reactions to a post. Does everybody think it was obviously stupid? "That was trolling." Does everybody except a few techbro libertarians think its stupid? "That one was serious. I'm shaping the discourse!"

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Manifest posted:

It's true, and she's one of the funniest.

Herrenvolk Hero, this one is. Also does she mean skilled workers or maybe manual labor? Domestic labor? What?

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

according to a mutual friend of ours and his posts on facebook/his blog post, yes. he has been asking around for help finding work in lebanon, and in wrote an article for "dailystormer", a stormfront affiliated editorial site where his closing salvo was a vague threat against the people/systems of the USA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ashgromnies posted:

according to a mutual friend of ours and his posts on facebook/his blog post, yes. he has been asking around for help finding work in lebanon, and in wrote an article for "dailystormer", a stormfront affiliated editorial site where his closing salvo was a vague threat against the people/systems of the USA

can we really take a man who runs a forum seriously?

• Locked thread