Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

did anybody post her interview with the emoprog army podcast yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nobody posted the interview a podcast had with her so i'm going to post it. watch at your own risk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GHTYdLk5HI

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

she isn't trolling, guys- she sincerely has tech-nazi beliefs

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

currently imagining her saying this like toad does in mario kart 64

"i'm the best!"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Digiwizzard posted:

oh my god i cant believe baby finland still exists

then again his retarded islamic anarcho syndicalist poo poo would totally fit in w/ these dark enlightenment dumbasses
he is in love with an extremely pale chick these days, but that's for another thread

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i can't wait to see her complete mental breakdown when she gets fired from google in the next week

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

imho nobody should wish anybody to be homeless because it's a bad and inexcusable thing
i'm gonna bet that the time justine spent homeless contains the exact moment that she went insane

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

tunney will get a job as a lobbyist when silicon valley decides to go full bore into the "let's bribe Congress so that we can fulfill our techno-facsist utopia" game

when that happens we'll wish that we were still ruled by wall street money

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Google was $500,000 behind Goldman Sachs in campaign contributions last year

Between the three of them Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T dominate basically everything except 'all defense contractors put together'
but google and the telecom companies aren't in the same industry and they certainly don't have the same goals. just look at net neutrality

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

I'm not lumping them together I'm saying the sharks are fighting over who gets to eat you
oh ok, then i am ready to die a horrible horrible death

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

some background info: the top person is better known as Thom, who is attracted to ponies and has made 400k tweets. he is supposedly a marxist but because tunney isn't "cishet" he feels comfortable in not treating her like the piece of fascist human garbage that she is

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

Yeah, well, TO BE FAIR, it's only a hair worse than the Maoist Third Worlders that sperg out in D&D from time to time.
somebody show tunney this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-0750E0Co

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

The line between trolling and actual belief is blurry with some of these people. Isn't post-jail Weev an out 'n' proud naaaazi now, complete with swastika tattoo and everything, who moved to Lebanon to escape the evil jew-controlled USA? Or is that just more trolling...
i don't think he moved to Lebanon but he is definitely a nazi with a swastika tattoo. then again, that's par for the course in our prison system. gotta get with the White Power Bills in order to survive

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Agag posted:

Who is weev?
A hacker and Anonymous activist jailed by the U.S. government on, admittedly, trumped-up bullshit charges. He was put in solitary confinement for much of his time in prison, and a lot of people in Anonymous and other hacking communities raised awareness of his plight, and some even offered to buy him books while he was in solitary.

Then he got free and it turned out that- surprise!- he's an out-and-out Nazi, immediately pissing away any goodwill he once had. Either prison made him snap, or he's always been a piece of poo poo due to being a moronic 4channer and a big poo poo in Anonymous. I'll go with the latter, because even "4chan activists" can't escape the fact that they're terrible people.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

here's a good article about Anonymous and why they're poo poo. hits all the notes

http://www.thenation.com/article/190369/truth-about-anonymouss-activism

this, in particular, explains Anonymous, weev and tunney to a t

quote:

By fetishizing the “weapons of the geek,” Coleman belies her radically techno-utopian belief—which colors the entire book but is never stated outright—that geeks offer the way to a better world through technological mastery. Anonymous is a political vanguard because it is the purest, most potent expression of geek power, able to slice through the Gordian knot of state repression and grueling organizing conditions that so often tie down activists. But why should we take an action seriously as a political statement simply because it uses the Internet?

Despite its anointing by Coleman, Anonymous is not a vanguard; it’s the relic of an already twice-failed dream. Anonymous is the latest and most dysfunctional marriage between a particular strain of countercultural utopianism and the boundless faith in technology that first appeared in the 1960s.

Today, their techno-utopianism is why a tech mogul like Mark Zuckerberg is celebrated as a visionary social engineer. In this context, Anonymous is anything but subversive; it is the most radical advocate of a widespread conflation of technological prowess with political wisdom. Anonymous is Silicon Valley’s unwitting shock troops, a live demo of the Internet’s power to transform our world. When Anons call for revolution, they’re calling for a better world. But the shallowness of their politics and their uncritical embrace of technology means this energy is easily channeled into Silicon Valley’s parody of revolution: a techno-liberation from the doldrums of day jobs with health insurance and steady benefits, in favor of the radical freedom and flexibility to pilot an Uber under contract.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 14, 2014

• Locked thread