Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit this thread makes me all the more glad I stayed miles away from the Occupy movement. I could tell the people "at the top" were loving idiots with no plan, and oh boy I was right.

It's a shame, there were some good people with good ideas involved. Too bad it was such a logistical shitshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Ambrose Burnside posted:

also some occupies were clowntown co-opted nonsense while others actually did good and useful things like feed the community and do proactive outreach stuff n establish communal libraries n the like

Those are generally useful and admirable things but not really all that valuable when trying to hammer through political change through organized dissent.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

hemophilia posted:

There's something to be said for buying good will outside of the demographically limited reach OWS initially had.

Of all the people to cultivate for political change, the mentally ill and addicted aren't the ones. OWS had to (and did for a moment) catch the attention of white middle class America but failed to make their case because they were too far up their own rear end. They were the living embodiment of raising awareness as its own end.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

hemophilia posted:

It's not smart to be choosy about your allies, but yes allowing people like Justine to lead your movement is stupid poo poo, but as you say OWS' failing was their failure to do anything remotely sympathetic or evocative while in the spotlight and they paid for it, at that point people like Justine aren't necessarily the problem.

Nah she's just another internet crazy for all of us to observe in her natural habitat.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The only thing worse than having a bunch of rich fucks run the Earth would be turning it over to a bunch of autistic techies.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Techies are just the autistic tinkerer gnomes that actual functioning people keep around because they fix stuff. Everyone knows we can never put them in charge because of things like that Nokia video game console and bitcoins.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

So long as their big plans for seizing power are things like "internet poll to replace the President with a CEO of America" and "declare a boat anchored off the San Franscisco shoreline an independent state where mom can't ever tell them to clean up their room" I think they'll continue to find exactly their level without anyone else's help

Conquer an African Island and displace the population so they can create their dragon-dick utopia.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The Droid posted:

I wonder how far a 21st century snake oil salesman could get in silicon valley

He could sell overpriced, trendy bullshit to people until he died of pancreatic cancer.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Holy poo poo I love twitter now

I'm internet famous!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

paranoid randroid posted:

congratuations, natetimm, on your incipient doxxing by some guys who will call your house and stammer out "I'm gonna f-ffuck you up, b-bitch!"

Joke's on them I don't have a home phone!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
If one of the requirements for being white is looking fancy I've been doing it wrong.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Does anyone even respond and agree with her or is she just basically screaming into the wind?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
That was a pretty legendary backfire. Man, I hope nobody at my work cares that I posted something that got shared on twi-ahahahaahahaaha.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Drink white wine it comes out easier.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Majorian posted:

All white wine is poo poo.

If you're drinking so much you're going to vomit it all back up you're past the taste phase. Maybe switch to listerine.

new phone who dis fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 29, 2014

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Harime Nui posted:

I'm sorry can we still say bum jug? I don't want to be a lovely gently caress

Carlo Rossi Wino wine bum jug is still acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SunAndSpring posted:

Is this person still hired by Google? Like, has anyone sent these dumbass tweets to her supervisors yet?

Last time she was on a tear she ended up retweeting some poo poo I said earlier in the thread about techies being our autistic gnome servants or something and having a meltdown after which I think her employers told her to STFU because she closed her twitter and then quietly reopened it later and has been pretty chill since..

• Locked thread