Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Guillotine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'd be a slave to the Walton family

so I could murder them slow

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fandyien posted:

i think she should be beheaded by a crowd of jeering gap-toothed filthy 18th century peasants

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Gas this lovely thread

gas this poster

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Linux Pirate posted:

she sure got our goat, huh @Something_Awful goons?

hasn't even been a page yet

if she makes it to like say 10 then she can be proud

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
nah let's not make it about that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OWS took the sentiment that a lot of pissed off youth and disenfranchised were feeling and totally loving dropped the ball.

The Arabs meanwhile have multiple revolutions and poo poo.

loving America.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

That didn't pan out so well.

at least the pot got stirred

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm a community

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is she off her meds or something

What's with this megalomaniacal crap?

lol the engineers can take it away they aren't even management they just do what they're told and hack out code

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

But I was still a genius programmer even back when I was scrubbing toilets. In fact, I was a child prodigy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pochoclo posted:

I made the mistake of hiring a similar rear end in a top hat once. Couldn't work in a team to save his life and all the code he pumped out was the kind of terrible quality you would expect from the Quake 1 mods I coded when I was 10. Also aggravated everyone in the loving company to the point that everyone hated his guts.

It's because they think they're super hot poo poo and don't take criticism, meanwhile criticism is how you get better so while everyone has developed their skills they're still stuck with bad habits and social behaviors they were doing when they were teenagers.

e: techies should be the aristocracy because we're the best; the rich people that rule the world already will just acquiesce to our superiority

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Harime Nui posted:

When I think about how our modern ideas of time developed around the needs and basis of agricultural production I realize it is too late, my mind has been immutably altered by the relentless assault of the cornocracy, and I grip my scythe and weep

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Harime Nui posted:

When I think about how our modern ideas of time developed around the needs and basis of agricultural production I realize it is too late, my mind has been immutably altered by the relentless assault of the cornocracy, and I grip my scythe and weep

This loving post

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the dark enlightenment

so edge

such philosophy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this is weird it's like she's posting in the thread but from twitter

just post in here already

oh but no attention that way

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
too bad it didn't do poo poo

if anything I'm angry that they dropped the ball once they started poo poo going

why didn't you go sit in on the trading floor and prevent them from doing their devil work if you're so cool huh? too scared of getting arrested? it's not that bad if you're in holding with friends.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I understand now. This person is a class traitor. OWS was just a honeypot and that is why it was ineffectual!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

A majority of stock trade volume is done by computer algorithms now.

around 50% (varying more or less depending on where) and it'd still matter if all across the financial district buildings were shut down because of people blocking the lobbies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McDowell posted:

Actually there were plans to block off the exchange on 11/17 so the weekend before the NYPD drove everyone out of the park in the middle of the night.

fortune favors the bold

they should have done it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McDowell posted:

I showed up that day and they had that poo poo on lockdown, there were choppers and everything. I think that morning was when the retired cop from Philly got arrested.

Yeah but the footage of police brutalizing protesters is usually what gets nonviolent protest to work.

The Arab Spring had the problem of Muslim extremists on all sides, I don't think the same is true of OWS or the USA and besides it's not like you guys were going to overthrow the government.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Emanuel Collective posted:

Justine Tunney literally can't go more than two tweets without begging the world to acknowledge her greatness and lashing out at all those who don't acknowledge her greatness

sounds like she should have told the mob to mob the financial district instead of jacking off holding meetings

comparing herself to Stalin LOL

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McDowell posted:

America has the problem of individualism where everyone has their little pet issue. At the police cordon near the exchange a Salvation Army guy was trying to hit people up for change and some random guy was yelling at him about the organization's bad LGBT policies.

Also 50% of Americans seeing demonstrators brutalized would get a boner. Fuckin hippies made us lose Vietnam with this bullshit.

That's clearly an issue with the organisation that this woman claims she was doing. Genius level work for sure.

And you only need around a third of the population's support - historically that's about how many are necessary for some sort of serious change. You don't think most of the population in the colonies wanted to break away from Britain or that most of the population in France wanted to execute the nobility in the streets do you? Nah. About a third.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

McDowell posted:

Television and shopping malls hadn't been invented yet.

So what? Most of the population was probably unaware of anything happening until the royal family was already all executed.

All I'm saying is you don't necessarily need majority support to enact change.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah take all the insane people who ramble on and on without making coherent points

it's been going so well for your side

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you need more than a paragraph to explain yourself politically you're probably suffering from some cognitive dissonance and\or are a hypocrite

poo poo isn't that complex and if you have to make it complex it's because you're trying to obfuscate something.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what if she's Twee As gently caress

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Would make some sense actualy

that's what I'm saying!

either Twee as gently caress or Three Olives

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I grip my scythe and weep

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think attacking her physically is really reaching for the low fruit. There's just so much more nuts there to make fun of beyond that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol 1 thread in 1 subforum

the whole community is reeling

the LPers are freaking out

everyone in YOSPOS is demanding a reboot

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/Iw1eo11.png

CLASS TRAITOR

I stand by what I said in my first reply

Guillotine

I too am convinced this is twee as gently caress

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

and i reiterate, as she is a proud descendant of the house of Wessex, a blood eagle would be more apropos

PAINT A BLOOD EAGLE ON HER BACK

If she screams no Valhalla

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

I heard he had a higher inbreeding coefficient(?) than someone who was a product of a brother sister or parent child...union, because his family had a habit of nieces marrying uncles or something over many generations anyways pretty hosed up really turned me off to monarchy destroyed my Prince Charming fantasies but confirm/deny?

quote:

Charles II's genome was actually more homozygous than that of a child whose parents are siblings.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if I was a barbarian king and my daughters were super hot

I might. probably not but maybe.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"what's a goofball like you doing trying to outlogic me?"

*appeals to authority*

it's like shooting fish in a barrel if that's the best google can do then I should dump my stocks

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cat doter posted:

oh gently caress you I wanted to make that point

posted at the same time at least

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Talked a bunch of poo poo about how she's riling up Something Awful,

but who won now motherfucker?

S to the motherfuckin A bitch set trippin

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why do you need a quesadilla maker just put what you want down on the tortilla in the pan then fold it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EA Sports posted:

this shits why im never tying my real name to anything online

I am continually amazed at what people will post on the internet for all the world to see forever with their real name attached.

• Locked thread