Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol at those github repos. I know that type of coder. The worst type of coder - making useless tech toys that aren't even impressive, and when they have to do something actually real they make a loving mess that no one but them understands, doesn't follow industry standards, etc. The "genius", yes, the worst possible type of developer you can hire into the team as a leader. I made the mistake of hiring a similar rear end in a top hat once. Couldn't work in a team to save his life and all the code he pumped out was the kind of terrible quality you would expect from the Quake 1 mods I coded when I was 10. Also aggravated everyone in the loving company to the point that everyone hated his guts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
At least until genetic engineering and robotics make for immortal rich assholes. Then we're proper hosed.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Hmmm yes, Soylent, what a good idea! I'll never eat anything else haha!
Hey, why is my jaw rotting? It's not like we evolved as a species to chew stuff and many biological processes depend on that, right?

Also why the gently caress would you willingly stop eating regular food? Eating delicious poo poo is like one of the best reasons to be alive. Why would you deprive yourself of it?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

etalian posted:

Because food takes time to prepare and therefore leads to a inefficient life.

Also when you go grocery shopping you are forced to social interact with other people.

That excuse might work if Soylent was like a buck per gallon, but it's actually more expensive than real prepared food you could buy as takeout, or in a restaurant, or a frozen lunch delivery. So it makes zero loving sense.
Also she works at loving Google. If I worked at Google I would be abusing their free lunch system 24/7.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Ccs posted:

Is this photoshopped? I don't know what I'm looking at.

Also, she puts way too much stock in her position at Google. If she gets fired, then her Twitter really will become interesting.

Lol I browsed your github repositories, Justine. If you're reading this: if you can be a google dev then I should probably apply for google and I'll get made CEO instantly.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

paranoid randroid posted:

"promulgating esoteric political persuasions"

It's programmer slang for "I am a huge loving babby idiot"

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Majorian posted:

You're thinking of "Revolution," I think, but the impression I get from "The Walking Dead" is that the power's out and there's lots of zombie head bashing. I could be wrong, though - like I said, haven't seen any of it, because I hate all things popular.

The Walking Dead fits because all these stupid technofascist libertarians are real-life zombies.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The 1000 richest people on the planet, minimum 10 million dollars net worth, should be forced to fight to the death in a hi-tech thunderdome tournament every year until only one is left. That winner is allowed to keep being obscenely rich until next year's battle.

No it wouldn't work because most obscenely rich people are invisible and have all their assets cleverly hidden already, but whatever, it would be a rad show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Agag posted:

"Without us you can't have your Internet and smartphones and apps! We could 'go Galt.'"

The funny thing about this is that as soon as, say, tech nerds all over USA stop working, okay, it wouldn't be even a minute until all of us tech nerds in the third world start picking up whatever slack they leave behind. All those delicious dollars, they buy a lot of manpower that needs them.

And good luck coordinating more than 5 tech people to strike at once. It's the least union-like area of work in existence ever.

• Locked thread