Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
personally i like justine, she freaks a bunch of boring people by having interesting opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

KERNOD WEL posted:

Dark enlightenment is literally just neo-nazi zionist conspiracy stuff but with "The Cathedral" replacing "The Jews"

The usage of "Cathedral" in this movement is careless and does annoy me personally, since no literal cathedrals are involved in the present-day power structure and any proper reactionary should support a shift of power back to cathedrals. This term just reflects a libertarian sentiment because it encourages thinking for yourself in opposition to mainstream ideology, but any political movement strives to become mainstream ideology and so should not oppose the concept of "mainstream ideology" itself. The current ideology they intend to overthrow should be accurately identified, not hinted at via having some superficial similarities with a power structure of the past, especially if it's a reactionary movement trying to gain inspiration from and defend power structures of the past.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Drink Cheerwine posted:

why would google fire her? who gives a poo poo what she thinks? do you think companies should ideologically vet their employees? how many of you would make that cut? when did you stop beating your wife?

The truth is that they do, you are required to hold basic liberal positions or at least keep your mouth shut otherwise. Witness the Brendan Eich fiasco. Justine might be a bit naive about the serious consequences of speaking wrongthink publicly. She might be relying on her protected status as a transgender, her leftist pedigree as a leader of OWS (as if that didn't just make her seem like a traitor...), or (maximum naivete) her technical value to the company. It would be nice if you were allowed to say your thoughts on Twitter, but that is not the world we live in.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
trans people are cooler than trans haters

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

RobattoJesus posted:

Plato disliked books and thought they made people stupid, so he'd have totally loved the internet.

That's a funny thing to say, because Plato wrote books and thought proper education was essential. It is more accurate to say he thought bad influences were a major cause of societal mental health problems and should be removed or at least limited to those with the wisdom to handle them properly. Needless to say I think he would be skeptical about the Internet's influence on the public.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

sounds like she should have told the mob to mob the financial district instead of jacking off holding meetings

comparing herself to Stalin LOL

she is comparing those who want to write her out of history with stalin.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
OWS was certainly an entertaining spectacle, especially its pathetic collapse. i think justine is a very interesting and proactive person, although she's overly rhetorical for my tastes, especially when she uses violent or cold-hearted language. i'm glad she's finally seen the left for what it is and is becoming a right-winger, i think she'll be a great asset and a lot of fun to watch

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

SplitSoul posted:

As for Jesus, I think he's probably had more impact on humanity than any other single person. The man invented memes.

She replied... :swoon:

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

revmoo posted:

How do you have skin that color in California?

She lives in new york

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
i want Justine to lecture me about my rightful role and make me serve her

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
Come back Justine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTVCvws7AYA

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

ashgromnies posted:

it is kind of interesting how over-compensatory "female" MtF transsexuals act. e.g. Justine with her "give matriarchy a chance" poo poo.

isn't it kind of offensive to actual women that some guy comes along with a dress on and coopts their struggle after living a life of male privilege?

the term for these is TERFs, Trans Exclusive Radical Feminists, and needless to say they are shitlords.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
lol did any of you read her Give Matriarchy a Chance thing? it's actually a hilarious satire which ends up defining matriarchy as women being stay at home mothers and men being forced to do all the unpleasant things like work jobs, do physical labor, manage money and fight wars

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Kirk Johnson posted:

I don't know if you guys have been paying attention but...

:thejoke: please remember that she is sublimely clever, and playful

circ dick soleil posted:

They're right about everything though.

:rolleyes:

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Pollyanna posted:

i highly doubt she got fired, she's probably just been told to knock it off

tbqh i think her whole thing about GOOGLE IS GREAT I SPEAK FOR GOOGLE is because they offered her money when she was getting cancer treatment, so she's rather attached to them. i mean, i can understand why, but trying to suck up to a company never ever goes well. she'd be well-served by making herself out to speak on an individual level rather than flying a banner everywhere.

but seriously though, google has been better to her than the activist moment ever has been, and her problems do not stem from google but rather d&d goon types getting all political outragey at her for being clever on the internet. the best possible outcome for her is just remembering she is inherently above you lot, you're the peanut gallery. she is under no obligation to accept being humbled by a bunch of sjw (yes that's what you are).

of all the images to choose to own her with...

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

paranoid randroid posted:

kyrie i liked your Ignatius Loyola On The Internet gimmick better

How can I better tailor my posting to impress you? I'll take Justine over you any day of the week

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

unlimited shrimp posted:

i hope she gets fired because its the most poetic response to her right wing pseudo-libertarian wankery

i hope that you find happiness. namaste

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

circ dick soleil posted:

She uses emacs. I hope somebody kills this bitch.

you know, i supported her before, but this is too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

she's so amazing, i'm in love

• Locked thread