Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Dark Enlightenment" nerds will never not be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tias posted:

Also wtf is up claiming (incorrectly) to be a driving force in OWS and at the same time being a lolbertarian manchild (transchild?). The Bakunin quote is the diarrhea icing on the feces cake, she literally has no idea what any loving word means.

I think she's probably sufficiently mentally ill to actually believe her story about Machiavellian power struggles in the OWS leadership at this point. In reality I suspect she was just the sperg running the website.

Not that being behind the flash-in-the-pan failure that was OWS is something to brag about.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

she is a top twitter tranny so she is mentally ill and also trolling the world for attention as trannies do

I don't find her behavior any different from the other Dork Enlightenment clowns, most of whom aren't transsexuals.

Also she has like 2000 followers. She's an also-ran twitter tranny. SA only knows about her because SA finds the saddest obscure poo poo on the Internet to laugh at, and she's definitely that.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

i had an epiphany about all of this but I lost the words to describe it. Something about a cloud of desperation futility and sadness somehow related to the world today and how we are living in roaring 20s redux and there is an impending economic crash on the horizon and that this will somehow end up with her getting shived in a bread line

Her life will be nothing but offices and computer chairs until she dies. The Dork Enlightenment is a subset of contemporary libertarianism, which is itself an entirely white middle class phenomenon. But what I dream about is these people actually trying to implement their "neo-reactionary" agenda. It would never happen, they will never do anything but blog, but if they tried I would weep for joy as Tea Party rednecks, black bloc anarchists, Koch plutocrats, and lefty trade unionists joined hands to crush these nerds into paste.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

babypolis posted:

srsly anyone who takes these retards seriously should train in weapons use and military tactics, cuz if a new aristocatic class is established its gonna be the good old way: by being really good at killing fuckers

That's where their plan falls down. This is also why they never talk about implementation or any kind of praxis. They are hypothesizing a very coercive and violent society, but they are not in any position to provide the violence necessary, nor are any of the actual violent people in the country going to act on their behalf.

So they all jack each other off on their blogs instead.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

The line between trolling and actual belief is blurry with some of these people. Isn't post-jail Weev an out 'n' proud naaaazi now, complete with swastika tattoo and everything, who moved to Lebanon to escape the evil jew-controlled USA? Or is that just more trolling...

They decide based on reactions to a post. Does everybody think it was obviously stupid? "That was trolling." Does everybody except a few techbro libertarians think its stupid? "That one was serious. I'm shaping the discourse!"

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Herrenvolk Hero, this one is. Also does she mean skilled workers or maybe manual labor? Domestic labor? What?

Her theory is that automation will make all skilled labor redundant except for engineering and programming. The scores of unemployed people made redundant by said automation will then work as domestic servants for the software engineers.

I don't think I need to elaborate on how stupid this idea is.

hohhat fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Nov 12, 2014

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Without us you can't have your Internet and smartphones and apps! We could 'go Galt.'"

*dumb jock picks up rock* Keep coding apps, nerd, or I'll loving bash your head in with this rock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

skeletonotherkin posted:

God, we can only pray he gets embroiled in the poo poo show in Syria and killed.

Man I sure hope so....

Who is weev?

• Locked thread