Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SunAndSpring posted:

Burn Google to the ground. It has given us nothing but a bad movie with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, ugly and useless glasses, and this person.

A place of real innovation and ideas.

(Please ignore how they just buy out hundreds of smarter companies since they are running out of meaningful new ideas)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This is the best write-up on silicon valley:
http://gawker.com/heart-of-blandness-a-walking-tour-of-silicon-valley-1531745028

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wicker Man posted:

Trying to be a woman in a tech job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-b7-fLOjlY

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hemophilia posted:

Basically we should embrace jihad against the wealthy and entrenched who are privileged by dollars and that happens to include the trustfund faux-futurist fascist transwoman

she's a good candidate for the anyone's purge list.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hemophilia posted:

Someone post more about whatever dark enlightenment is

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZluMysK2B1E

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MENCIUS MOLDBUG would be a good world of warcraft character name.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fandyien posted:

imo it comes from too many role-playing games and not enough swift kicks in the dick

jocks in the high school were the real heroes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Republican Vampire posted:

Most nerd culture basically breaks down to hardcore nazi-level bullshit. Tolkien freely admitted that his dwarves were supposed to be jews because they were cunning and covetous and lived in holes in the ground, and that's the basis of shitloads of fantasy poo poo. That undercurrent's always been there. It's just that now STEM-majors are also being told that their thoughts on philosophy and philology and politics are valid and important.

I blame TED Talks.

not surprisingly people who were bullied and mocked in school naturally have a craving power/chance for revenge against inferior people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

There's no point in enslaving Justine since she would die after a single day of working in the salt mine.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

But I was still a genius programmer even back when I was scrubbing toilets. In fact, I was a child prodigy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to admit this thread makes me all the more glad I stayed miles away from the Occupy movement. I could tell the people "at the top" were loving idiots with no plan, and oh boy I was right.

It's even funnier in this case since loon with leftist ideals/tech democracy worship eventually sucks corporate dick of company that literally helped the NSA spy on millions of innocent people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Drink Cheerwine posted:

why would google fire her? who gives a poo poo what she thinks? do you think companies should ideologically vet their employees? how many of you would make that cut? when did you stop beating your wife?

well SV companies like to have at the last the veneer of liberal progressivism.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

For anyone naive enough to believe passing PR about locations in the US, please understand that this "tech yuppie culture" is not something a bay area resident, even one who works in the tech sector, necessarily comes into contact on a regular basis. it is a few nouveau riche folks projecting a hologram of what they want people to think the bay is so they will move there

is it this type of hologram?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YOEEpWAXgU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pinely posted:

How would the techies even become aristocrats? They don't have any guns, they don't control the economy, they don't even have a religious following. How would a bunch of Google Engineers take down the United State Armed Forces? 3D Printed Guns and Google Glasses won't do anything when a flight of B-52s carpet bombs Silicon Valley.

They would automically get promoted to positions of power based on their software and engineering skills since they smarter than the Warren Buffets of the world.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Holy poo poo I love twitter now

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

too bad it didn't do poo poo

if anything I'm angry that they dropped the ball once they started poo poo going

why didn't you go sit in on the trading floor and prevent them from doing their devil work if you're so cool huh? too scared of getting arrested? it's not that bad if you're in holding with friends.

A majority of stock trade volume is done by computer algorithms now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Didn't being a king or lord at least require some social skills?

After all you were supposed to dance, feast and listen to whining peasants the whole day.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

fortune favors the bold

they should have done it

It would require some skin in the game but they were just a hilarious privileged white movement trying ape the more gutsy protesting seen during Arab Spring.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nomadologique posted:

hahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHA hahahahahahaha

but but it's strange to consider involvement in a massive hilarious failed populist movement as some sort of amazing feat?

Sort of like listing on your resume how you burned you last workplace to the ground.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Manifest posted:

:vince:

I was on the fence for a while there, but as of right now I am pfucking stoked on this thread.

what sort of gnomes are techie aristocrats, the world of warcraft type?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

Most of the stuff on @TechHateCrimes look an awful lot like nonviolent protest.

well some of the loonier elements of the narcissistic tech industry pretty much thing everyone is planning to kill them in a Kristalnacht like event.

I guess for some reason they have trouble understanding why people would get angry over things like high rents, huge google buses block local city stops and also lovely startups displacing things like art studios.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

The Night of Broken Google Glass®

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

Twitter is really bad.

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

if she's so loving brilliant, why isn't she making her fifth billion dollars instead of posting about how superior she is on Twitter?

because she doesn't want to betray Google since it made her live worthwhile.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Explain How! posted:

I find it really hilarious that "Techies" haven't discovered working from home yet.

It's bad since they need to be at work to pick up the cult compound mindset.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Time Dissolver posted:

I can't handle this person. She's just so, so, so fuckin out there. I'm trying to whip up some fear or outrage about what she's saying but there is only laughter.

lol

Wasn't OWS as a whole terrified of corporate power and influence?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Manifest posted:

She is a literal neo-nazi so.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nomadologique posted:

psa for nerds REVENGE OF THE NERDS is a fiction movie because fiction is the only place and time where nerds actually get revenge otherwise in realworld (I.R.L.) it's always actually the jocks winning (check non-fiction section of kindle bookstore for reference)

Yup studies show that people like jocks actually go on to be successful later on in life due to things such as having good social skills.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Steampunk iPhone posted:

id feed my Cum to all of these trans women

lol was sort of waiting to see some more horrible techies get excited over soylent.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

:laffo: master race right here

in the new world order techies will be running things from top due their superior intelligence and original ideas.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Munsun posted:

fancy is a hard word to use right

I thought the jews had the monopoly on controlling things from the shadows?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pochoclo posted:

Hmmm yes, Soylent, what a good idea! I'll never eat anything else haha!
Hey, why is my jaw rotting? It's not like we evolved as a species to chew stuff and many biological processes depend on that, right?

Also why the gently caress would you willingly stop eating regular food? Eating delicious poo poo is like one of the best reasons to be alive. Why would you deprive yourself of it?

Because food takes time to prepare and therefore leads to a inefficient life.

Also when you go grocery shopping you are forced to social interact with other people.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pochoclo posted:

That excuse might work if Soylent was like a buck per gallon, but it's actually more expensive than real prepared food you could buy as takeout, or in a restaurant, or a frozen lunch delivery. So it makes zero loving sense.
Also she works at loving Google. If I worked at Google I would be abusing their free lunch system 24/7.

Google lunch is supposedly god tier since they do ridiculous things like growing food on campus.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Well the freezer kills the odor causing bacteria

It's still a pretty bad idea since sweat and grime can break down clothes over time especially the threads.

etalian fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 27, 2014

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kombotron posted:

finally a man with a plan

After burning it to the ground make sure they use a conventional grid plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

circ dick soleil posted:

How does it feel to be a black person working at Google and then to find out that Justine Tunney is openly racist and none of your superiors give a poo poo? Are there even any black people working at Google?

lol

• Locked thread