Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

TeeMerk posted:

Guide to playing medium mechs:

Buy A Stormcrow

Fin.

gently caress you, all trebuchet all the time :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

Guide to playing medium mechs:

Buy A Stormcrow

Fin.

Alternatively play like I do:
Buy a cent AL
Don't read patch notes for Cent AL and retain old fit
Overheat at the summit of the moon base
Get cored out by 6 enemy mechs
Go back to assaults.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
How to robot:
Lights: Recon in force and intercepting.
Medium: Screen for assaults
Heavy: The hammer
Assault: The anvil

Just set up your group so that you can force the enemy to be between your assaults and heavies and squeeze them.
If it doesn't work, employ the steamroller leading with heavies that roll back into the assaults if the enemy starts to shoot back.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

garth ferengi posted:

Peek and poke, shoot people until they die, don't get shot at. That's basically all i do

My mechwarrior philosophy goes something like this:

1. Always promote your brand

2. Use people of colour as stepping stones(including yourself if at all possible)

3. Slather paint on your tits and talk about how great war is and how it's the moral prerogative of all white people to help israel commit genocide

If you follow those steps you're practically guaranteed to get good at robots.

I know this is an old post now but it just reminded me of a guy I saw suicide farming back in the old days. He would show up in game in a six flamer Jenner, fire continuously until he exploded, type "FREE PALESTINE" in chat and then quit out.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Not a Step posted:

I made a speech supporting the ancient historical right of the Jews to Israel over the Johnny-come-lately squatter Palestinians and my KDR went up 25% overnight. I'm planning on morally equivocating outdated military surplus rocket attacks that are largely ineffective against the technologically advanced Iron Dome defenses with precision bombing attacks on Palestinian schools as the next step in becoming an elite Mechwarrior.

That's the great thing about LF, it's always willing to deliver right to your door.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Someone make a new thread already to save me.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Kazvall posted:

As long as you don't get flanked, it works pretty well. I'm on the fence, but I'm about to try a 4 x uac5 build with an XL350.

UACs are pointless garbage ever since they got nerfed to fire at the same rate as normal AC5s when not doubletapping. Just use normal AC5s and have 4 more tons/crits to do things with.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

UACs are pointless garbage ever since they got nerfed to fire at the same rate as normal AC5s when not doubletapping. Just use normal AC5s and have 4 more tons/crits to do things with.

I was tempted to try using 2 regular AC5's and 2 LBX10's. High sustained damage!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Inner sphere assaults are not in a bad place right now. The quirkening was a boon, and IS mechs can sustain a brawl posture much longer than a clan mech can. Other than the Gauss direwolf, clan assaults are garbage at pinpoint damage, and overheat quickly. The banshee has become a vicious killer, and the new king crab does exactly what you'd expect a mech with two AC/20s to do. If they can get in close DDCs do what they've always done.

The only issue is that if you come to brawl and the opposing side has clan mechs and the opportunuty to get multiple volleys off before you c
get in range, you're done. On the other hand, if you can get in, the fight is just as lopsided going the other way.

edit: that's way more posts than I thought I had.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

Haha. No thanks, buddy. :D

I'll keep playing my garbage builds.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Kazvall posted:

Someone make a new thread already to save me.

Done: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687137

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

garth ferengi posted:

Peek and poke, shoot people until they die, don't get shot at. That's basically all i do

My mechwarrior philosophy goes something like this:

1. Always promote your brand

2. Use people of colour as stepping stones(including yourself if at all possible)

3. Slather paint on your tits and talk about how great war is and how it's the moral prerogative of all white people to help israel commit genocide

If you follow those steps you're practically guaranteed to get good at robots.

*nods, takes notes*

e: awesome light guide paramemetic

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 10, 2014

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
4th? Welp killing myself brb

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Paramemetic posted:

4th? Welp killing myself brb

i'll get an "ohsh's self-inflated opinion on living in lights" comments section to you at some time.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

OhsH posted:

i'll get an "ohsh's self-inflated opinion on living in lights" comments section to you at some time.

Add it to the new thread bigboi

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Kazvall posted:

Add it to the new thread bigboi

And here is the link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687137

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Rip thread, it was pretty bad

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

kingcom posted:

Rip thread, it was pretty bad

Much like the game

Zing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Kazvall posted:

Haha. No thanks, buddy. :D

I'll keep playing my garbage builds.

I will stand in dunceUAC5 corner with you

E: oh, :rip:

• Locked thread