Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

So whats fun to play now? I got a Jenner-K and put medium pulses on it and it is basically the best light ever. What else became super fun after the quirkening? Are locusts actually fun now or are they still terrible and only played as a challenge? I have a few million saved up and could probably liquidate some less fun mechs for a few million more if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I'm trying out the Cent-AH. Given that I want to slam a giant rear end gun in there I don't have a lot of tonnage left over for anything else. Should I go with 3 SRM-4s or 2 SRM-4+Artemis? Also, gauss or AC20?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

I don't know that you can fit a ton of SRMs in there if you take the AC/20 unless you're going with an XL engine really. Sticking an XL in a cent always feels like heresy to me.

A big rear end gun and a STD engine doesnt make any sense though, since once the gun arm is blown off you're worthless anyways

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Specifically though, is it worth it to shift from 3 SRM-4 to 2 SRM-4s with Artemis? The spread on the non-Artemis SRMs makes it feel like I'm not landing substantial hits. I'm a space poor so swapping Artemis in and out to experiment is not my favorite option

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Does AutoHotKey still work for UACs?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The 8 spl Firestarter is just ridiculous. I soloed 3 dire wolves and a locust in one match and I havent even finished basics yet (pubbies still managed to lose that match though). Anything even slightly isolated just melts under the sustained wubwub beams. The only time I come close to overheating is in a sustained light fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I made a speech supporting the ancient historical right of the Jews to Israel over the Johnny-come-lately squatter Palestinians and my KDR went up 25% overnight. I'm planning on morally equivocating outdated military surplus rocket attacks that are largely ineffective against the technologically advanced Iron Dome defenses with precision bombing attacks on Palestinian schools as the next step in becoming an elite Mechwarrior.

• Locked thread