Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Phrosphor posted:

I don't know the backstory but somebody got the mwo mechs into the CrySDK and they look gorgeous with proper lighting and scale.

Here is the album

Edit: Oh god tables.

This upsets me so much. If we could pilot these things around forests, setting trees ablaze and razing swaths of oldgrowth with laser fire...

I just felt my dick move at the thought of it.

Also, hey all. It's me Keeler from the voip channel and same name from our nightly drops. (I'd love to change my name in the channel but every time I try poo poo won't work anymore whatever gently caress it)

I was also the goon mentioned several pages ago who was issued a warning letter by PGI for "toxic/abusive behavior" in game.

Those charlatans have no taste for the cinematic stylings of David Lynch.

Baby wants to fuuuuuuuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

TeeMerk posted:

I Love U Keller, don't ever change.
That touches me in the feelies.

But yeah, the poor utilization of such a powerful (if poorly optimized engine) is something of a tragedy.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

The Gate posted:

It makes me wonder if the engine can't handle that many people with such high-end graphics. Farcry 3 had really lovely multiplayer, lots of lag and framerate issues. The levels were really pretty, but it was practically unplayable at times. The co-op mode was even worse somehow, with lots of level-breaking bugs and weird desync issues.

Far Cry 3 uses the Dunia2 engine, which is rather different from cryengine3 if I'm not mistaken. All the same, Crysis 3 managed to have some pretty silly graphical poo poo go on in multiplayer when I fooled around with it, though the beta was a loving slideshow.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Great Beer posted:

That's no excuse for the awful lighting and muddy textures though. CryEngine doesn't have to look like 2007 era Source engine.

Seriously. After the DX11 implementation (which is admittedly when I picked the game up again after nearly a year hiatus) the graphical quality seemed to have absolutely gone to poo poo. It boggles my mind. In beta there would be laser battles with components explosions and reflections on water that were completely awesome. An enemy PPC missing your cockpit as you twisted out of the way could trigger goddamn flashbacks.
When it comes to optimizing things, most of the people I know with lower spec PCs said that after the graphical overhaul their performance dropped, which is pretty impressive considering the game's colors were muted and maps like forest colony have fog so you can't even see detail at distance. Whatever. I like blowing poo poo up in a big stompy robot and I know better than to hope anything will be fixed or improved upon.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

Anyways, I guess at some point they fixed the numerous, numerous CTD issues? Because I've only had one in the last probably 100 matches.
It's pretty special, for me all I get are crashes to desktop when going from game back to the fanciful home screen. Love that. Hey! round is over and all the intensive poo poo is over CRASH TO DESKTOP. It's like the game knows I don't want to look at the lovely UI.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

I believe the official song of WoL sloshops should be "gently caress the pain away" by peaches. All in favor say aye.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Execu-speak posted:

Are goons really playing this again?

gently caress I thought about playing it a little while ago. Seeing how blatantly pay to win clan tech is woke me from that stupor and I decided not to.

There was a hole in my life that needed something special to fill it. I like filling holes. I put big dumb robots in my life's hole.

It's very satisfying killing clan mechs, also fun playing with the goonbros and pissing people off. We are the bulldozer MWO's social landscape needs.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Great Beer posted:

And yet we do it anyway.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

Maybe they're paying professionals to do the move.

Yeah, I think they hired D.B. Shmeckleman's Tuff Boys Server Slingers outta baaahstan.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

axelsoar posted:

Well poo poo, now we know what Number 19 does at PGI.

Shuck skins?

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Once we go live again, I'm expecting goons to participate in operation CUMRUG
Create
Understated
Mechs
Rock
User
Goatse

If you don't understand or can't parse these mission parameters you are a shill and a rube and should not comment. If you do understand, be sure that the real slim shady does stand up, and suck on my titties like you want me all the time.

That is all. Slosh ops future perfect time machinations ENGAGE.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Kazvall posted:

CAPTAIN WE'VE SPOTTED CUMBURGS AHEAD! ABOUT TO THE FACE!

Eliot Cumberg is the cummiest cummer since the bergs begged to sperg.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Kazvall posted:

I crashed my mech into the bridge! I don't care! I love it!

http://youtu.be/UxxajLWwzqY

You and me and me and you, we date the hottest bitches, we gently caress the finest hoes.

I DON'T CARE I LOVE IT.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

http://youtu.be/UxxajLWwzqY

I DON'T CARE! I LOVE IT!

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

http://youtu.be/8LZ00CL8pdI

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

This song is to music as MWO is to computer games
http://youtu.be/3SDYus7iKC8

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Robbit Robbit Robbit.
I'm go robbit now.

RiperSnifel fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 31, 2014

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

hahaha, pubbie rage. Nice one.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Aesis posted:

What's up with that random portrait on the right side anyway?

You sexless fool!

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

Ha, I got a Shadow Hawk, which I never touched before but seems to be the better Hunchback compared to a vanilla Hunchback. Tell me how to ruin this nice looking Robot with ridiculous builds, preferably something jump-jetty with close range weaponry.

Standard engine, ac20, 2x medium lasers is my go-to build. As many can attest when I get in a groove I'm a loving artist with that poo poo. I've also run one with an xl engine 2x ac2, 1x ac5 because the pattern it ends up tapping out seems to be erratic and profoundly annoying to enemies while they're trying to engage other heavier targets.

The shadow hawk does quite well as a peek-the-peak type shooter since the ballistic mounts are high up on the torso. As with most mediums the rule is to play it safe and don't get focused. As a support/flanking type rifleman unit it's a lot of fun.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Official theme song of multiple ballistic weapon spamming
http://youtu.be/3cnQCk0u49w

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

OptimusWang posted:

upped jam rate

More of a jelly man myself.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Had some good drops earlier with Rufus and Eatpants, completely rolled groups of clanners six games in a row using uncompromising tactics for glorious goon victory.

Got some good rage going from a couple of anti-goon players before we even squawked. Then we proceeded to murder the everloving poo poo out of them.

This thread is getting kind of silly. Nobody should be even remotely surprised by PGI being inept / scamming people out of money.

PGI is and has always been a bunch of loving clowns. Anyone making a game on a pay to win structure is a loving clown as far as I'm concerned. If you play games that subsist on micro-transactions and take them seriously at all, you're very well a loving clown too. It's our responsibility to go to war with the player base the best way that we can - playing the game and doing so on our terms.

Too much stagnation in play styles I say! Earlier we had a triumphant return to what I fondly recall as real goon style game changing with the use of our humble three man team dropping all in DDCs and acting as shocktroops, disrupting enemy blobs - perhaps dying quickly - but doling out enough hurt to make our stupid pubby team have enough of a foothold to win.

I want to see more of that. I want to see our 10 man drops consist of front armored alpha damage heavy bullshit robots. I want to see more pushing. GOD HATES A COWARD. There is no pride in survival. Your KDR matters not.

We need to focus on what's important in this thread: being a bunch of loving jerks in MWO.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

I'm a little hazy on why it matters if I enjoy myself while playing and pissing around making fans of the game rage out and spend their money on it.

I stopped playing for a year and picked the game up again for shits and giggles. If you don't want to play, don't. If you are playing and you're posting in this thread, why act even remotely surprised that PGI continues to be a lovely company?

Who cares if PGI continues to be a lovely company? Let people throw money into their hungry schemeing maw if they so choose. I'm personally thrilled that they're trying to crowdsource a new game. It'll be hilarious to watch.

I'd just rather watch it in a separate thread and maybe have some more shooty stompy talk in here.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

I wonder if that investor has some kind of bailout option?

I hope they do have an outside investor.
I hope they don't have a bailout option, and I hope it stirs up six kinds of legal hell.

RiperSnifel fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 10, 2014

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

my entire attitude toward MWO is simple.
BABY WANTS TO FUUUUUUUUUCK.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Anybody ever heard of david lynch?

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Phrosphor posted:

What is this bullshit.
As amusing as the build is, that's clearly a defective human. Listen to the jibbering he's delivering in the second video.
http://youtu.be/a09hj9wSTmI?list=PLjdYcmjFdcLm3XHBaUW7-LkezMuhaJSRQ

RiperSnifel fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 18, 2014

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

I was very upset that private match didn't end up happening. I'm still confused why kbag couldn't turn off the "full teams" option when he could change everything else.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Illegal Username posted:

Someone invite Illegal Username to our secret clubhaus. And i still don't know which mumble you all are using and it is making me space sad

well you know if you could receive private messages I'd have just sent you one with the deets but since you don't or can't or whatever I guess you don't get the privilege of hearing me quote blue velvet and descend into complete mania.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Riper and I are about to hop on some mechs. Come loving join. Especially you assholes who don't even play the game but talk about it way too much.

I'm all up ins goonrathi chat already, drinkin that sake ready for laser bukkake

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Well yeah, as long as you don't mind MWO having to render at 3840x1080. You'd need a rig of retarded overpoweredness to cope with that based on how well mwo runs at 1920x1080.

What you mean every goon isn't running i7 twin 780 classifieds like me?

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Oh yeah baby, spit on it - official motto of my direwolf b

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

I will supply all nescesary chili and or other mexican food needed to comply with this request.

it's just about octoberfest season. Beer, sausages, cabbage. Trust.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

DandyLion posted:

What mumble are WoL remnants using?

goonrathi is the flavor.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

I keep saying it in game, and I'll say it again -- Clan Camel Toad is the way to go. Not only does it take the piss by being two completely unrelated animals, but haha vaginas!

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

Armlock is great for beginners or robots with no weapons in the arms. However as you progress in skill, separating your arms by unlocking and putting them into a different firing category is extremely important for multiple reasons:

1. You can torso twist to protect an open side while still keeping some weapons on target.
2. Your arms generally move faster than your torso, allowing you to track and hit lights/mediums easier than with torso.
3. Range of motion is larger, you can shoot much farther above, below or to the sides of you.
Edit: 4. You can rotate your torso while keeping your arms on a target point, that way if someone's firing lasers at you; the damage is spread across the entire body instead of it being focused on a single spot if you were to just aim with your torso.

Cases where this doesn't apply is mechs that don't really have arms like Catapults or Jagers, then its good to seperate weapon groups by sides so you can peek in and out of cover while only firing the exposed side.

I'm of the mind that it's always best to start out using advanced techniques in games so you learn to use them while you're getting your chops early on. The basic concept of looking around and shooting weapons from different mounts is so fundamentally simple using PC controls that there's really no reason not to just get used to it right out of the gate.

To each their own I suppose, but from my crazy brain it makes more sense to adapt to the full set of game play concepts as early as possible. Otherwise, this is pretty much the breakdown for why you don't want to use armlock, especially as Kaz pointed out, when you can just hit a button to trigger it if you feel you need it in some situation.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Eh, I get your point and normally would agree. The issue for me is the way the dual reticle and arm/torso linkage is done fucks with my eyes. It's not just a matter of wanting it simple.

Clearly your best bet is the most rational one - take lots of hallucinogens and play without armlock until your mind is forced to accept the optical input.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Pyckuu is APEX? :tinfoil:

I was trying to remember the name of that movie yesterday, poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Did we not rent that from blockbuster like 15 years ago?

hell yeah we did.

• Locked thread