Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Wait, has PGI suddenly started making customer service moves that are merely mediocre instead of outright hostile? Now I'm tempted to bust the ol' Mech Romney account out and taunt the spacepoors again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Dramicus posted:

They made all chat opt-in. So, almost no one will be getting those taunts.

Well, that is disheartening.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Kazvall posted:

And Mech Romney wept...

No, no, I'm quite fine actually, just gonna...

Oh, there's the tears. Why am I doing this to myself?

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

I loaded up the game after taking a break since before the Phoenix package.

What the gently caress is wrong with the UI? Seriously, I don't know how it could have been made any worse given there were 2-3 web builders they could have modeled off of. Hell they could have allowed players to modify their mechs outside of the game using a web-based version at this point.

That would actually be a pretty killer feature; I'd love to be able to sit at work and tinker with the loadouts on my metal manbabies.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

No stormcrows are available for MC, but at a 45% discount.

Is the Stormcrow a Good Robbit? I've still got 4800 or so founders MC that I need to do something with.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

abuse culture. posted:

yeah i'm letting it run in the background but jesus christ why do i have to download 200gigs of poo poo

You should just uninstall the game completely and install fresh, you'll only have a few patches to do then. I think the whole download+patch thing took about 4 hours when I fell back into the robot habit.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Number19 posted:

People are having fun. There are varying opinions about how good it is.

As always, the core robot-shooting gameplay and stompy-robot-ness are pretty fun, and the art/sound direction are still pretty great.

The rest, ehhh. I don't like UI2.0 but I can make my robot be a robot in it. Does it detract from the core gameplay? Nah. But the time I spend NOT actually shooting robots could certainly be less of a chore. The game mode same-ness would make me pretty irate if I put more time into the game than I do now (an hour or two once or twice a week, at most.)

:pgi:'s :pgi:ness is still a thing. Ghost heat is still dumb. Paul still appears to have a hand on the tiller.

Personally, those things don't matter to me enough to not play, but they do matter enough that I haven't spent more money even though I'm out of founder's MC now. I am keeping my wallet closed until I can feel OK about giving :pgi: cash again, and that might be a while. On the bright side, they're closer to that now than they were a year ago. Maybe in a year or two.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Hav posted:

Your TCP/IP stack is suiciding in disgust.

This is my favorite way that anyone has ever called MWO a bad game. Bravo.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Mindblast posted:

In that case the only sane conclusion I can reach from that is it's better to just lose.

Yeah I think I'm ok with just letting that guy have his cbills.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

My Mech Romney RomneyCare mech is colored kinda gold-ish but it was one of the 125MC colors, not the $500 thing. I hope nobody TK's me :ohdear:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Rolling in as MechaShiva was my favorite moment of the night.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

sebmojo posted:

ALL HAIL

The promise of Mech Romney is to lift up every goon in an economic rising tide! The broad shoulders of Romneycare can support the weight of the people!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Number19 posted:

It is really funny to watch a tower of mechs scooting across the map on the head of a Jenner.

Unfortunately, this was a tower of mechs crawling across the map aboard an Atlas, so this incarnation of our deity was slow and ponderous.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Plek posted:

I don't understand why they can't add some sort of collision damage from jumping on other mechs? We already can deal like a point of damage ramming people. A speed + tonnage = damage when applying foot to head would work wonders, I imagine. Plus we'd have DFAs! All they'd need then is to bring back knockdowns from jumping on mechs as well.

That would disable MechaShiva. You are a heretic. :getout:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

axelsoar posted:

So, are they still saying that drop ship mode is a thing? And is there still no reason for not dropping in assaults first?

Timber wolves exist.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

You don't get to build/customize your robots in Titanfall, do you? That's the big draw of MWO to me, since I'm kind of a horrible player at the FPS portion of the game. Granted, UI2.0 makes it tedious, but it's still robot-building/tweaking.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

If we have any jobless goons, they should apply. The rage of the pubbies at a Goon community manager would be spectacular.

edit:

Number19 posted:

Regardless of how you feel about his job performance, please remember that he is now looking for work with the holiday season upcoming. I would appreciate it if y'all would be respectful about this.

You're right. That's a really lovely hand to be dealt at a truly lovely time, and I feel bad for the guy. I hope he finds a gig where he'll be a better fit sooner rather than later.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

sebmojo posted:

MWO light play is pretty high end fun when it goes right. That feeling of diving into a hot brawl, dumping a few alphas, coring out a medium, getting an assault's attention then road runnering your way out of it, coming out the other end slightly astonished you're still alive.

TASTE THAT AIR, ROBOT

IS IT NOT SWEET

Error: No sucrose content detected in atmosphere.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Jenner-F with a rank 4 range module now shoots medium lasers out to 312 meters, seems pretty good.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

So now that I've finally finished mastering Jenners, I think I'm going to turn my attention to Cataphracts. I have the Ilya Muromets and -4X, what should my 3rd variant be? Also, recommend me a good build for the Ilya and -4X? I haven't been super happy with any of my builds for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

garth ferengi posted:

Not as good as a firestarter with -15% medium laser heat generation in addition to a better energy range quirk

I really want to have a reason to buy a jenner again because the jenner is basically a racecar robot but lol metal babies

e: And, really, the griffin satisfies my racecar fetish anyways

Yeah, I already had Jenners and didn't have Firestarters, and didn't feel like buying new robots, so the Jenners got mastered. Firestarters look pretty awesome though and they're the only light that I have serious trepidation about engaging 1v1. Those 8x Small Pulse builds rip me to shreds.

• Locked thread