Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Because of this thread I have now signed up for Heavy Gear Online. Thanks guys!

E: sign up with my referral so I can get cool stuff! https://www.heavygear.com/register?ref=3ca731ae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Heavy Gear Assault really is a thing guys. Don't be not excited, yet! Thanks for all who got me referrals. I now have two closed beta keys. If 11 more people get me a referral I will give the other three away.

http://www.heavygear.com/register?ref=3ca731ae

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

pixelbaron posted:

Yeah, that's what I am saying.

Do we really need another one

From what they say the initial game mode will be arena deathmatch and they'll be making new modes as they go along. I have no faith anymore in big stompy robots. However, I want HGA to be good.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'll probably try to play some HG2 online soon. I wish Exteel never went offline. I miss that game, too. gently caress me all robot games are DOOMED.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Can I spend 500 USD on a gold heavy gear Y/N?

Not yet.

Just, uh, read this:

What is the release plan for Heavy Gear Assault?

The Heavy Gear Assault development team plans to release HGA in the form of modules. Heavy Gear Assault will release in a series of modules, culminating with the launch of the Heavy Gear persistent universe with episodic single player warfare. Anticipated release dates for these modules are currently being finalized. However, the first module to be released is the Battle Module, which is planned for release by Q2 2014.
What does the Battle Module contain?

First and foremost, the Battle Module consists of the core gameplay mechanic. All of the major systems and sub-systems will be introduced which are necessary for core gameplay such as the movement, inventory, damage, & weapons systems. Our Community Warfare tools will also be introduced such as our community lobby system, our basic match making system, and our dedicated server system all supporting a certain level of world persistence. The Battle Module will feature our first world codenamed “Hydro” as well as our finest selection of Gears and Striders available at the time of release. Our focus is not on content with this module but rather mechanic and balancing.
What other Modules are planned?

We have many modules planned before final release of the game. Descriptions of these modules will be updated here over time. Right now you can look forward to seeing the Black Market Module – this is where we plan to introduce various aspects of HGA’s meta-game including the Black Market, Economy System, Arena Clowns, various Game Types, and an integrated world persistence. The Gear Bay Module – this is where we introduce complete control over the look and feel of your Gears, Striders, and Pilots and yes even your very own corner of the Gear Bay. Want to make your Gear look like a sports car? No problem. Want to make your Gear look like a WWII tank? No problem. The Weapons & Equipment Module – this is where we introduce a plethora of weapons from all weapons classes and an assortment of equipment in the Heavy Gear universe. The Intelligence Module – this is where we introduce our Intelligence and CPU systems. The Corporate Module – this is where we plan to introduce the concept of corporate sponsors and why they are soooo important to your success as a player in HGA. Over the course of the development cycle we may decide to roll together or split apart modules depending on the amount of time spent on particular features.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

pixelbaron posted:

Literally shaking over here

yes, this is why I'll never spend money on this poo poo and will be convinced it's terrible until I eventually try it because I have some closed beta keys

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The Gate posted:

Yeah, that's my point, it's not like MWO would be costing people money at this point unless they want to.

I, too, enjoy racing porsches in my civic.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

oswald ownenstein posted:

Except it's not really like that at all and you get enough cash to buy your first mech which you can customize pretty quick but ok :iamafag:

I'm aware having bought the founders pack how deep the human being hole goes

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Come to your senses, goons. Stop looking at the train wreck.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeti Fiasco posted:

Play the loving game, it's not as horrible as it was in beta, rolling with goons is still fun, even if we are terrible at videogames.

Be the honourable bird warrior you know you want to be.

BAWK BAWK GG CLOSE OVER, ROGER ROGER DELTA NINER

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress I forgot a few DANGER CLOSE and CRASH OVER RIDE's

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Jimbosaurus posted:

Holy hell. I spend a month moving and now there is a new thread and talks of unit registration. Has the game drastically changed in the last month or so? Is CW still a pipe dream or actually coming to fruition?

Stockholm syndrome. It's gotten even worse. I might play again. What is happening to me. It's simply a lack of good stompy robot options with no better alternate. Isn't that loving sad? Where can I get my mech simulation hardon stroked properly around here? The mechwarrior gloryhole went dry a long time ago. Now, it's like loving a wall. A wall that's been hosed so many times there is almost another hole in it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeah, I'm downloading this crap again. Where can I go to play with goons, goons?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Why am I playing this? What mech should I get with my 10 mil chills? How should I commit suicide for dishonoring myself?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I buy mechs on looks only. Which mech is the most serviceable while being dead sexy? The nova looks faggy and I refuse to clan mech. The victory is much sweeter while piloting a piece of poo poo. This is why I use the yen-low-tee

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

"What should I spend my cbills on?"
"Here is an idea."
"No, here are a bunch of other criteria I didn't mention before"

YOU ARE THE WORST KAZVALL

You should know the depths of my sin by now motherfucker. I'm ocd with my Roberts.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

EoRaptor posted:

Since trial mechs are now the champion editions, you can try a mech and get a feel for how it might actually perform if made by someone who understood how the game works.

OK cool. Also, I have a founders Jenner, atlas, etc so I have some decent mechs I guess.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well us goons won like 9 out of 10 matches last night. The only thing that really pissed me off was narc and tag, otherwise I pretend each mech is the same and I'm having fun.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Come on and hate yourself. Will be on the mumble in 30 minutes shouting danger close a lot.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Propagandist posted:

I've been playing some. It's silly and the pubbies are the worst out of all the games I've ever played. Every match: "o7 glhf" devolves into "poo poo team, lrm noobs". That said I'm at least having fun. I enjoy LRM boating, but I seem to lose locks easily. What are ways to help that?

Having a human being raven narc and tag your targets.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress all of you. I'm now obsessing over mech builds at work. I repeat: gently caress you all I hope your mom pegs you will see you on mumble later gently caress me danger close.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I did 300 damage as a flamer hunchie and was the last alive. It was an epic round of shutting down clan mechs. It seems to actually do something now. The most noticeable is that the flamer doesn't add minimum heat anymore.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We have a wonderful mix of goons that can't stop playing this poo poo and goons that quit after a couple rounds and never come back. I have to say I'm having a blast, somehow, and would like to get a clan mech when I can purchase one for cbills. I'd say give this game a chance with a lance of 8-12 goons and see how you like it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Come on mumble grognards and play clops and roberts

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Turn off overlay?w

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress any plane game that is not WWII online.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

When do patches usually get pushed through?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Can you not still select only dx9? Or did they gently caress up dx9 while implementing dx11?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I want to try these lovely clan trial mechs already.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have 22mil saved. I'll at least try the trial nova before I waste my cbills.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You can play the Kit Fox and Nova when the game comes online.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

What are we going to call our Unit?

Noble Tetatae Bird Warriors?

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 26, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Holy balls orange core from one alpha on the nova. Don't fire all the lasers at once.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

axelsoar posted:

So what is the deal with WoL and clan warfare, do we have a group set up or what?

Someone makes a unit in game and we all get the same tag. That's about it for now.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Word Of Lowtax has been formed with clan tag SQWK.

e: Okay, not really. poo poo be bugged, yo.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 26, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Drewjitsu posted:

Don't read threads. That's cool. It's been done already.

Man, I should have watched reading rainbow as a kid.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I, too, thought 500 dollars only got you a gold skin. It also nets you all of the other packages they are offering. So, essentially you get every single clan mech, a gold skin, and a bunch of other bullshit like modules.

It's still loving silly to spend 500 dollars on any game.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I will never not be surprised at how dumb PGI is. Never change!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got your racks on racks on racks right here, boooiii!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

RiperSnifel posted:

Once we go live again, I'm expecting goons to participate in operation CUMRUG
Create
Understated
Mechs
Rock
User
Goatse

If you don't understand or can't parse these mission parameters you are a shill and a rube and should not comment. If you do understand, be sure that the real slim shady does stand up, and suck on my titties like you want me all the time.

That is all. Slosh ops future perfect time machinations ENGAGE.

Schrodinger's cock is violently raping me, possibly.

• Locked thread