Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Right now there is The Walking Dead, and The Wolf Among Us. Later there will also be a Game of Thrones, and a Borderlands game. These games are cool and I'm all up to date on all of them.

What did you think about these games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I am currently playing through the Walking Dead. It's cool.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I don't know if they are actually games but yea I like them

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

telltale are some pretty cool people. i'm hoping to get some time to play the tales of monkey island games.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
the borderlands one is gonna suck

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Winter Fresh posted:

the borderlands one is gonna suck

I think so, and Idk how I'd feel about the GoT one done in their art style.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I thought the Back to the Future game was neat. It's far from their best game, but it was a cute and fun continuation of the franchise. Plus, the kid the got to do the voice of Marty freaking nailed it.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
they're not games, they're visual novels.

Still seem pretty cool though

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Please move this thread to the book barn.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
walking dead is poorly-written poorly-coded crud. what a gyp!

Soral
May 30, 2009

telltale games is cool and they make good games (?) but they have bitten off more than they can chew and it is clear they are not capable of makibg 2 games at once let alone 4 or 5 or whatever their doing now

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The illusion of free choice in their games is almost as effective as the illusion they are good.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Telltale games are alright I guess.

Soral
May 30, 2009

sam and max the devils playhouse is better than the walking dead

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Soral posted:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the thread for TWD season 2 is pretty hilarious, people are going in so many circles about *~writing~* that even the tasmanian devil is dizzy

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Coolguye posted:

the thread for TWD season 2 is pretty hilarious, people are going in so many circles about *~writing~* that even the tasmanian devil is dizzy

is it worth a rental?

the thread, not the game.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Soral posted:

TDP is the worst season of sam and max by far

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

obese retard posted:

telltale are some pretty cool people. i'm hoping to get some time to play the tales of monkey island games.

They're terrible, dude.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I enjoyed Walking Dead then stopped playing it. I did beat all of Back to The Future though, and I really enjoyed it. It felt like the best of my childhood returned to me.
Also I read and enjoyed Fables until it got all weird political, so I am enjoying Wolf Among Us, although it is possible I also will not beat that one.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Action Tortoise posted:

is it worth a rental?

the thread, not the game.

maybe but we'd definitely have to up our game on messing with them, the star citizens were easy to gently caress with but the walking deadheads aren't wound nearly as tight

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

conceitedguy posted:

They're terrible, dude.

that is unfortunate to hear but i will still probably play them

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Soral posted:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

fronz posted:

agreed, but still

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I dunno what makes Wolf Among Us so special to people, but I'm going to just assume like with Walking Dead that it's gamers with poor judgment yet again. I got a bunch of Fables trade paperbacks years ago and have held onto them for whatever reason without reading them and I cracked one open the other day and it's pretty lousy.

Devil's Playhouse was pretty good, at least it's a step up in terms of transparency and actually having game elements.

fronz posted:

The Dalking Ped.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Telltale and Purcell need to make a deal with Valve, $20 Max hats in the TF2 store. They'd all be rich and I wouldn't have to deal with people begging for my hat.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I like how no one has anything to say about the Jurassic Park one

let's keep it that way.

Soral
May 30, 2009

fronz posted:

what does this tell you about the walking dead

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I could never get into zombie stuff honestly. its just too dumb logistically and I always end up wondering why people don't just hole-up for the few weeks necessary for them to rot completely

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Soral posted:

what does this tell you about the walking dead

I don't care about the walking dead, I just wanted to clarify that point

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
every time someone suggests that telltale's software counts as video games I get so angry that I punch myself in the balls until I pass out

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
then...how are you posting right now?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

whenever I play TWD I get the impression that it's written by competent, intelligent people rather than a wannabe movie director reject

so ofcourse it's not a game lol

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
the wolf among us was really good

first season walking dead was really good too

i'm not so keen on the 2nd season so i'm gonna wait until all episodes are out so i can binge 'em

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I really liked TWD Season 1 because I played it right after a break up and I just replaced all the people acting like idiots with my ex.

gunna wait to play season 2 for something good.

The thing about the BTTF ones was that they tried to make them too much like a game with all those lovely action sequences.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 24, 2014

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

The Sharmat posted:

I could never get into zombie stuff honestly. its just too dumb logistically and I always end up wondering why people don't just hole-up for the few weeks necessary for them to rot completely

if you are obsessing over the logistics of a fictional zombie scenario then that is exactly the trait you need to be an insufferable zombie nerd

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I playtested back to the future and Jurassic park. Sorry the latter wasn't good

Still want them to make a futurama game

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Cyra posted:

I playtested back to the future and Jurassic park. Sorry the latter wasn't good

Still want them to make a futurama game

I dunno, without the right writers I'm not sure how well that would work.

side note the futurama game is stupid expensive.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

played through wolf among us and walking dead with a buddy, was pretty sweet, even though wolf among us got kinda stale after the initial ep. got all the sam & maxes and tales of monkey island when they were 90% off on gog, was gonna dive into sam & max soonish, what I've seen of it so far was pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

oh, was SO disappointed with the walking dead at first. was expecting the greatest game since bottled water with all the awards, but it's really only kinda mediocre-good.

• Locked thread