Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

John Brown posted:

Iirc #3 Nebraska falls to Iowa as well. This next advance should be fun.
Interesting, because that should mean #2 Michigan (who I assume will be #1 after the advance) will have to play #12 Ohio State in The Game, and then again in the Big10 Championship - so great chance of them falling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

What do y'all think of an advance tomorrow?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
You never actually posted in this thread when you updated the week.

Remaining games to be played:

Missouri vs A&M
#13 Tennessee @ Kentucky
#7 Georgia @ GT
#10 Florida vs #4 Florida State

Think ZSB has been away all week and might not be around until Monday based on his last response to me in the ACC thread.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Whoops, my bad. We can wait for Z

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Um...guys. I think both the #3 and #4 CPU teams lose this week.

Prepare for EA/BCS pandemonium!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Whoops, my bad. We can wait for Z

FYI it says you haven't played your game either, and it's very important that you do.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I was going to play right before the advance. I will play it tonight and if yall are ready we will advance

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I was going to play right before the advance. I will play it tonight and if yall are ready we will advance
ZSB was supposed to be back today to play our ACC game, but still haven't heard anything. But hopefully we can let him get his game in unless he is MIA for longer.

BTW Dio, if we can't find some new players for next season, we should think about shaking the divisions up. I think it's just me and Tyler (Arky/GroupMe) in the West now.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That's something we can look into

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

No worries. Just making it wasn't one of those cases in which you played the game and it did not register for whatever reason.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I can play my game tomorrow for sure. Tonight is a far maybe.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Still going to take care of this tonight or are we willing to risk a sim?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Still going to take care of this tonight or are we willing to risk a sim?

Umm I couldn't get to it earlier, so prb won't till later tonight. If you want to advance it I can live with whatever happens.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm away from Xbox til tomorrow evening so we will are

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols complete their season at 9-3 (prb should have been 10-2, but whatever) and solidly in 3rd place or lower in the division. Maybe next season the defense will be able to stand up a bit better.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
When it gets time to start the next season I'll come back around, definitely have the time for more games.

Not sure which team yet. Ideally a team with a mobile QB that has a decent 3-4 look.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We only have like one more week until the championship so I'd say 2-3 weeks until the new season should be the max

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Everybody had a bye so we went straight to conference championship week. I'll update with the matchups when the advance is finished

And our championship game is a two loss Georgia against a suspicious 1 loss Arkansas

Diodeous fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 6, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Everybody had a bye so we went straight to conference championship week. I'll update with the matchups when the advance is finished

And our championship game is a two loss Georgia against a suspicious 1 loss Arkansas

Akry's only loss was to me in a sim so I'd say it's legit. What's bs is the fact that Cletus only dropped 2 spots after losing to Arky.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Akry's only loss was to me in a sim so I'd say it's legit. What's bs is the fact that Cletus only dropped 2 spots after losing to Arky.
The real BS is that 2-loss Iowa is #2 and doesn't play in a conference championship.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

The real BS is that 2-loss Iowa is #2 and doesn't play in a conference championship.

Yea...that's much worse.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I let both parties know about their game in GroupMe. Should happen this weekend.

The polls are nuts. 3 loss Florida is very highly ranked.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Iowa even has a better record than Michigan, but because Big Blue beat them once they somehow win the division?!

I though the priority in that is: record (winning %), division wins, tiebreakers, and then rank. Am I not correct?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yeah I don't know why the polls favor me so much. Those losses were ugly

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Oh Oh where am I ranked did I crack the top 10?

This game places enormous weight on where you started in the polls. UF was #2 or #3 to start the season which would explain why you haven't really fallen very far despite losses since none of them were back to back.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think you're still outside the top 10. I know that beating Georgia helped me in the polls, jumped like 6 spots

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
UGA just beat Arky in the SECCG.

CHAOS!!!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
The ultimate snub has taken place as the country's lone 1-loss team LSU is left out of the NCG - which pits #1 Iowa (2-loss, did not make it to conference championship) and #2 Georgia (2-loss, won the SEC, but lost to LSU in the regular season).

But LSU's Leonard Fournette brought home the Heisman, so I've got that going for me.

#2 Georgia vs #1 Iowa, BCS NCG
#3 LSU vs #10 Florida State, Sugar Bowl
#4 South Carolina vs #8 Nebraska, Outback Bowl
#6 Arkansas vs #18 Michigan, Capital One Bowl
#7 Florida vs #25 Maryland, Chick-fil-A Bowl
#11 Tennessee vs #23 Iowa State, Cotton Bowl

Vanderbilt and Missouri left out with only 5 wins each.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Cotton Bowl ain't bad I guess. At least the BCS put preference in Conference championships, even if 2 loss Iowa is a bit of a head scratcher.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Imagine if Bama had beaten LSU in the regular season in 2011, LSU went on to win the SEC, and with all other things as equal as possible, they didn't make LSU/Bama the NCG.

This BCS system has got to go! IT IS NOT WORKING ANY MORE!!!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#3 LSU over #10 Florida State, 49-7.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

#11 Tennessee over #23 Iowa State in a tighter than expected game 45-35.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

We have advanced to the players leaving stage.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Diodeous posted:

We have advanced to the players leaving stage.

Good time for me to jump back in?

Not sure if I can see rosters now but I just want a mobile QB, and a 3-4 D if possible.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Definitely a good time to rejoin. I can send you an invite because I can't remember the login info to find it by search

I think it might be NerdCityusa : smokeweed

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU r2a

Convinced all the juniors who would have been declaring for the draft to stay, but of course all the lower classmen who actually would have ended up with playing time due to seniors leaving could not be convinced. Hate that poo poo. At least the ones I could convince were the higher rated players.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

LSU r2a

Convinced all the juniors who would have been declaring for the draft to stay, but of course all the lower classmen who actually would have ended up with playing time due to seniors leaving could not be convinced. Hate that poo poo. At least the ones I could convince were the higher rated players.

I've been able to combat that poo poo by not over-recruiting, and making sure that everyone who isn't redshirted gets some sort of playing time.

USCe r2a. Only graduated left

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I've been able to combat that poo poo by not over-recruiting, and making sure that everyone who isn't redshirted gets some sort of playing time.
I can't imagine I over-recruited in this first season, though I can't see my recruiting status via the web right now in this phase - so maybe I had just recruited guys at those positions (which would work out fine for me anyways - none of the guys leaving would have been my only players at those spots without new recruits, and they weren't highly-rated). And I've started mass subbing against the CPU more and more starting in the 3rd quarter which should get playing time spread around a lot more.

I don't usually have this problem, but maybe it happens more with successful teams. (I've only started having great seasons recently in any of our dynasties)

Hopefully LSU and USCe get matched up in the regular season coming up. I wish I got a chance to play against you more regularly since you're the only goon I've yet to beat - we only get matched up for sure every season in the ACC I think, and that's always going to be an uphill battle for me.

Dubious posted:

Good time for me to jump back in?

Not sure if I can see rosters now but I just want a mobile QB, and a 3-4 D if possible.
We need people in the West, so you've got the easy choice of Alabama (unless we can convince AF to come back). I doubt you'd want Kentucky in the East anyway, and that's the only available East team.

Dio, we'll have 6 East teams and 3 West teams (assuming Dooby doesn't pick Kentucky). We should check and see if Vandy is planning on actually playing this season, though - he checked out mid-season and we might just want to remove him. (I'll ask him) That would make it 5/3 if he's out, so maybe either Tenn or Florida would be a good choice to move to the West?

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 15, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Uhh hopefully not. This season I didn't have a single corner rated over 74 - which means next season I won't have one rated over 78. This team is full of underachievers and young'ns, sprinkled with a handful of star players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Dubious, trying to recruit someone who might join if A&M is open. If you really want A&M, take them, but if not, it might help get us another player. (it's someone who regularly seems to play, hopefully drama-free but I guess that could be a fun surprise for the future)

edit - ok, prob not going to be able to get him, so don't worry about picking A&M if you want them at all.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 15, 2014

• Locked thread