Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Omg this SCe squad is pretty weak lol. It'll take a couple seasons to reach GA/Miami status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Please, I beg of you. Leave the game speed at normal. The ACC feels like a loving arcade game (Blitz).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That run-game with Georgia was unreal lol. Gurley might have been a bit slower (94 SPD compared to Marshall's 99) but he was easily the better back. I really enjoyed the mobility of LeMay in that offense the most. I used to be a pocket passer but you guys have gotten good at rushing with the DL, and recruiting good Olinemen has been a pain. Therefore I've fully adopted the Russell Wilson run-and-gun style. He was the reason I gave Kancho some fits a few years ago, and I've slowly adopted that style ever since.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Would you mind separating the teams by division so we can see the balance?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lol

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Not sure if it shows but I'm r2a

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'll knock my game out right now. That sounds much more entertaining then putting together a nightstand from IKEA

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

I am officially scared of Vanderbilt with a 28-0 win over CPU Ole Miss, 310 rushing yards, and no turnovers.

edit - Oh, and I just saw JB's score and total rushing yards.

Yea but before that I was facing DBs with rocket boots. I still threw 3 picks in the process also.

Diodeous posted:

I will shift it back down to AA. I agree about the roster and tried to make some changes to it but it didn't take

You are a failure in e-football life.

I hope I stick around look enough to see this team grow and reach it's potential.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Adjusting actual stats has to happen during the offseason more or less (although I think you can still change your teams stats). And yeah thanks man.

IMO if we're even gonna consider adjusting stats then we should find another roster and start over while we're here in the beginning. It'll be difficult to do so (logically) once guys start progressing and what not.

I have no problem starting Week 1 over because it's only been once CPU game. Of course this is Dio's show though.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That seems much more complicated than just restarting with better rosters, but meh.

I'll keep balling out regardless.

E: If we stick with these rosters then I'll pass on the addition of points and just deal with it.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

The problem is that there are a lot of other rosters with serious issues too and despite the low ratings of some key players, this roster is accurate and very good otherwise. With this method I can just make 20 mins worth of roster edits rather than making people replay games or me having go reset schedules again

I understand man. Like I said I'm ready to rock regardless.

Changing the difficulty to AA will help so I vote to leave as is if we're going to continue with these rosters.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

So who owns GA and how do I get a hold of 'em?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Georgia guy, let's try for 9pm CST on Sunday.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Venom, I'm logging in now

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

GA downs USCe 35-28 in a game that was pretty close and crazy.

My team could've easily rolled over and played dead after my starting QB got hurt in the first quarter (out for 8 weeks), but I was able to make some things happen. I even had the lead going into the second half. The events that followed can really be attributed to either EA magic or team ratings. Gurley became unstoppable in the second half and converted literally every short yardage run for a first down. There was a play midway in the 4th on 3rd down in which he broke two tackles to get the first. I would've been there to at least slow him if it wasn't for the horrible lag that popped up late in the game. I think the biggest heartbreaker though was that TD drop by my WR on 4th down. He had clearly beaten his guy and just DROPPED it.

Venom called a nice offensive game and ran really well. Welcome to the dynasty, bud.

E: Actually Venom played well offensively overall. There was nifty catch-and-run he had that made the score even harder to reach.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 4, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Lzkilla, I'm usually available 6-9pm CT during a week. Could you go Wednesday or Thursday?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

7pm on Thursday it is.

Dio, you make for a pretty good connect.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey Nick, Joe, Weenis, or JCrowe!

We're having a glitch with the CPU-controlled Oregon team in our B1G/PAC-12 league and could use some assistance. We'd like one of you to join the league as Oregon, switch their playbook back to Oregon under the "Coach Philosophy" page, and then quit the dynasty. The custom playbook they've been using has caused some serious glitches that has resulted in a simmed loss for Dio :(

Additionally, feel free to join us as another team in the B1G if you'd like, but Oregon would be off limits this season as they were only scheduled for one user game (which has already passed).

Could one of you help us out with this? If so I can shoot you an invite to that league.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Hey JB I think Vandy is looking for you.

We agreed on 9pm CT but I can hop on now.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oh drat I sure did! Super sorry about that.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

USCe over Vandy 38-21.

Late game heroics got Vandy a couple of TDs, but it was a lost cause at halftime. Not to mention Vandy sucks and got trampled by my HBs.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

:stare:

I need to join that chat. So I don't care about what happened because what's done is done. Let's all just chill and play video games.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

You're missing the part where he originally said that the dynasty sucks but accurate otherwise

NooOOoo! Do not head down that path.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tyler has been MIA since Tuesday night so we haven't played.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

ZSB, I'm ready when you are.

E: Since when was a 1500pt lead for a recruit not enough to lockout the CPU? gently caress EA

John Brown fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 7, 2014

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

SC over Tennessee 38-21.

Bama, I'm coming for you :black101:

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'd destroy that poo poo haha. I really wish I hadn't played his team so I could've dismantled that bullshit.

Dio, I'm not happy AF left because he was a really good player who tends to overachieve. Not to mention you've warned the Arky guy about this.
What's the verdict?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

It doesn't show on the website but ZSB and I played our game. I believe we're just waiting on you and Wreckus.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, can you play around 9pm CT on Tuesday?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, what about tonight?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry bout last night, Im good any time tonight.

Can you play around 9:30pm CT tonight?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Welp...Wreckus I can play.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I'm going to AP Wreckus so you can play this

I'll knock it out as soon as I can get home from work.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

SCe over Mizzou 45-38. Not really sure what to say other than Wreckus kinda torched me a few times. Even on plays where I felt I was exactly where I needed to be there seemed to be holes in coverage. Impressively, you overcame a 14pt deficit in the span of like 3mins.

GG.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I played my game and got torched by Miss State. I'm over not having a CB rated higher than 74.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

We have advanced. Lots of byes this week.

UF vs USCe
UGA vs AU

Tomorrow night would be best. I'm leaving town this weekend.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

What time were you thinking?

At or after 6pm CT.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

That sounds just about perfect

Actually, when's the latest you could play?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

I'm supposed to go out tonight with some people, so if we can't start around 7 or 8 est, I'll have to reschedule to after you return

Ok. Let's aim for that timeframe and I'll update you if anything changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ready when you are Dio.

E: Another defense-optional nail-biter that resulted in a tough loss. My safety skills have clearly diminished as I gave up 2-3 TDs. My team had trouble tackling as Dreskel ran all over me in the first half.

Dio, we're still homies but that was a pretty cowardly 4th & 5 attempt on your own 36 with a tied game. Still - I had a chance to win or tie the game. That 2pt play always leaves a guy wide open, but the last time I tried it the slot WR dropped the ball. In this case the QB made a terrible pass to lose the game.

GG. I need Wreckus and Venom to play their game as it will determine whether or not I make it into the SECCG.

Florida over USCe 49-48

John Brown fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 18, 2014

• Locked thread