Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Dio, do you want me to limit the invites to 4 people still? If I send a link to the thread, it's going to be a free-for-all with the credentials in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I'll remove the information and then you can send the thread and invites. I'll pm you the login info to share. Once you and Texas join up I'll leave 1 or 2 spots open to goons for a day or two
Okay, cool. I'll send the info + link to this thread to a few people later today. Right now I'll just send it to 3 people and then if we still want to fill more, it probably wouldn't be a problem.

HAY anyone from GroupMe that I invite, please don't lose interest before we've gotten through 2 seasons if you can help it. You'll make me look bad!! :)

edit - Oh and Dio, no post-season wrap-up? Looks like the dynasty isn't available now for me to look at stats and do a write-up for you. (I'm sure doing it is a pain especially while trying to start up the new dynasty)

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 24, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Yo cletus, open up those other spots to non goons and let's get this rolling. We may very well start tonight if Texas A. Wreckus joins up today
Asking a few other people. Not sure if anyone is going to be around to join up today, but we'll see.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over TCU, 45-13.

Notable for this amazing new play I've designed, where the center just runs the ball himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9dpuyFn80

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I am officially scared of Vanderbilt with a 28-0 win over CPU Ole Miss, 310 rushing yards, and no turnovers.

edit - Oh, and I just saw JB's score and total rushing yards.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 29, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dio, might have found another person who will join up. Thought he was going to join last night but must have slipped his mind. If we can hold off on advancing until he joins and can get his game in, that'd be cool.

Anyone hear from Wreckus yet?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm totally fine with that too. I'll ask the guys over on GroupMe - I know we're using an updated roster in one dynasty there.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Dio, got a new player who joined up as Arky. He was saying the GroupMe link wasn't working anymore, though it seems to work for me. I'll check with him again and see if we can figure that out.

His GT is WeenisWrinkle04.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm fine with waiting a couple of days to give Wreckus a chance to join and get his first game in. I think one of the guys from GroupMe was out of town until the weekend also?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over Ohio State, 63-17

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over Arizona State, 77-28.

QB Harris and HB Fournette both went out early to concussions. Ended up playing WR Diarse at QB in the 4th, he was able to both pass for and catch a TD in the game.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey JB I think Vandy is looking for you.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

Auburn can play whenever, prefer evenings on PST
You're Auburn, I'm LSU.

What time in the evening would you normally get on? Pacific is usually tough for me in the evenings since I'm in Eastern, but I can try a late night one of these upcoming nights.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

Was speaking in the third person :v:

I get home at 5 pst every day so its up to you.
Are you around right now? I've got a game with you and one with AF in the Big10/Pac12, so I'm checking with both of you.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

im working a bit late tomorrow and wont be home and actually free until about 7 pst. I'm fine with being handed an auto beatdown or a sim if we can't meet up, pst - est is a tough match.
I should be able to play late tonight - either 7pm or 8pm PST.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I will be around at 7 pst, so just look for me whenever you are free.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

LSU over Auburn 42-35 in a game that features zero defense. The only turnover was a hail mary int as the game ended.
Very good game.
I'm going to give our defenses a pass in this game, we each had a player that went crazy on offense - and there weren't any mistakes by either offense. Really fun shoot-out.

Fournette rushed for 205 yards (long of 47) with 4 TD, and another TD through the air. Only other LSU TD was a KR TD near the end of the first half by WR Dural.

GG!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
LSU over UGA, 35-28.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I'll be getting my game in tonight.
Looks like you didn't get it in, think we might be advancing tomorrow morning. Last user game is done now.

edit - Also, if anyone is crazy like me and likes to join a ton of dynasties, there's a new one starting over with the GroupMe guys (+ me and AF). At least one spot open, though you'd have to pick a Big10 team (not Purdue) or an American team (not UCF). Starting as coordinators. Season hasn't begun yet, but you'd have to sign up at GroupMe to take part. Let me know if anyone is interested.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 23, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Vandy finished their game, so it's just Tennessee left to play now.

AfterFather posted:

I've been meaning to ask you cletus. Will those guys freak out if I drop 100+ points on the CPU and have a guy with 500+ yards rushing?
As long as you don't have any restarts, I don't think it matters so much against the CPU. Just ask though, I don't know for sure! Worst case you might get told to tone it down?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Wreckus, Vandy is one of the guys in GroupMe. When can you play?

He says he can play tonight after 9pm, any time tomorrow until 6pm, and Monday until 5pm (all Eastern times). If any of those times work, let me know and I'll relay the message. Otherwise, let me know when would work for you and I'll check with him.

edit - Oh, and I guess ZSB also has a game to schedule with a GroupMe player. What times are good for you for me to check on?

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 23, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#1 LSU over #24 Miss St, 42-0. This team is playing really well for being a mid 80s OVR team.

Late monday night or Tuesday evening will be possible for me. Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm basically booked until the weekend is over.
Happy early birthday!

UGA had already said in GroupMe that Monday or Tuesday would be good for him. Should try to lock down an actual time, either that or you should just MAN UP and join GroupMe to make it a lot easier to do this. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Bama, I'm coming for you :black101:
why you gotta forget about me. it could be me you're coming for.

:banjo:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

AfterFather posted:

I'm not in the groupme chat. Do you know when Arky will be available?
Arky says he'll be around tonight after 10:15pm Central (I saw you posted that time in the other thread).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
drat. Now I feel like a dick, we already lost one, now we have to do something about another, and hopefully we're not losing AF for good.

They even have this rule in one of the dynasties I'm in with him: "Calling a variety of plays, out of multiple formations, on both offense and defense is a must. Abusing the same set of plays/formations over and over will result in expulsion from the league."

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Looks like we still have:

#19 Tennessee (ZSB) vs Missouri (Wreckus)
#13 Auburn (Dubious) vs #10 Arkansas (GroupMe player)

Dubious, what times are good for you? I can check on GroupMe for you with Arky.

edit - Dubious, Arky says any evening after 7pm Eastern will work for him. Let me know the day and I'll tell him.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 30, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

I can play arky after 7 pst most nights, but based on the history of this thread, I'm not finishing the game if it ends up being a cheesefest. I don't have the patience for that.
I've played against him multiple times in NCAA and Madden, I've only beaten him once so far in Madden. I think Dio played against him here also earlier in the season. I'm in a couple of dynasties with him, no one else in those dynasties play similarly to him either.

Playing him is frustrating, but so is playing JB for me. But their play styles are completely different. I like the challenge and try to figure out what he's doing, but in NCAA I haven't been able to crack it early enough in a game yet. I would really like to see JB play off against him. :)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dubious, what day should we tell Arky to expect you?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

I can aim to play this later tonight or tomorrow morning and get it done so we can move on. NLT 11 am CT tomorrow.
The countdown is on - better get that game in!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

Is Georgia a goon? I've been away from my 360 but may be able to go today.

Provided fiancée doesn't watch 12 hours of Gilmore girls again...
No, he isn't a goon, he's in GroupMe. I just asked him when he can play - but I don't know if he's around to answer. I'll let you know. I'll tell him you might have time today.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Dubious, Georgia is around today, so post when you think you can play and I'll hopefully be able to relay it in time.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#1 LSU falls to mighty #5 Arkansas, 41-20. It was 17-0 Arky at half, and I finally started to find a rhythm, but it was too little too late. Arky's OL is crazy good.

Interested to see where I drop to in the polls. If I can hang ahead of South Carolina on the strength of just having the 1 loss, I'll still have a shot at sneaking into the BCSCG with all of the CPU teams filling #2-#4 in the polls. (and #4 Florida State is going down this week to Florida) Fingers crossed.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Iirc #3 Nebraska falls to Iowa as well. This next advance should be fun.
Interesting, because that should mean #2 Michigan (who I assume will be #1 after the advance) will have to play #12 Ohio State in The Game, and then again in the Big10 Championship - so great chance of them falling.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
You never actually posted in this thread when you updated the week.

Remaining games to be played:

Missouri vs A&M
#13 Tennessee @ Kentucky
#7 Georgia @ GT
#10 Florida vs #4 Florida State

Think ZSB has been away all week and might not be around until Monday based on his last response to me in the ACC thread.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

I was going to play right before the advance. I will play it tonight and if yall are ready we will advance
ZSB was supposed to be back today to play our ACC game, but still haven't heard anything. But hopefully we can let him get his game in unless he is MIA for longer.

BTW Dio, if we can't find some new players for next season, we should think about shaking the divisions up. I think it's just me and Tyler (Arky/GroupMe) in the West now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Akry's only loss was to me in a sim so I'd say it's legit. What's bs is the fact that Cletus only dropped 2 spots after losing to Arky.
The real BS is that 2-loss Iowa is #2 and doesn't play in a conference championship.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I let both parties know about their game in GroupMe. Should happen this weekend.

The polls are nuts. 3 loss Florida is very highly ranked.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
UGA just beat Arky in the SECCG.

CHAOS!!!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
The ultimate snub has taken place as the country's lone 1-loss team LSU is left out of the NCG - which pits #1 Iowa (2-loss, did not make it to conference championship) and #2 Georgia (2-loss, won the SEC, but lost to LSU in the regular season).

But LSU's Leonard Fournette brought home the Heisman, so I've got that going for me.

#2 Georgia vs #1 Iowa, BCS NCG
#3 LSU vs #10 Florida State, Sugar Bowl
#4 South Carolina vs #8 Nebraska, Outback Bowl
#6 Arkansas vs #18 Michigan, Capital One Bowl
#7 Florida vs #25 Maryland, Chick-fil-A Bowl
#11 Tennessee vs #23 Iowa State, Cotton Bowl

Vanderbilt and Missouri left out with only 5 wins each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Imagine if Bama had beaten LSU in the regular season in 2011, LSU went on to win the SEC, and with all other things as equal as possible, they didn't make LSU/Bama the NCG.

This BCS system has got to go! IT IS NOT WORKING ANY MORE!!!

• Locked thread