Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I am amped to see that we are gonna kick it off fresh here again. I love the quotes from me and the Capn. It'll also be interesting to test Heisman difficulty in CPU games.

Time to fire up the VOL NAVY Y'ALL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I enjoy the zippier game play...Madden is too slow.

Also this Vols team will not be good this season I'm going to struggle to find 8 wins, but it will be quite good the next 2 or 3 years after this so time to play the "next year" card already.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

FYI I have 2 major complaints, 1 of which you can address.

I HATE playing the CPU on Heisman because it straight up cheats. It is not fun playing the CPU on Heisman, so please for the love of god put it back on AA. I've played my game twice now and had the CPU cheese its way to a last second victory and it sucks. The game is just not fun on Heisman I don't know why you insist on asking for artifically "closer" CPU games. I would seriously consider quitting the dynasty if it stays on Heisman, I just do not enjoy playing the game on that setting.

The second is that the rosters appear to have been built by someone playing madden where 80 is basically an average team. The whole team feels like mud, and everyone's roster seems to be way way undervalued for how these games are built. Nothing to be done about this now, but whoever made these rosters really didn't build them correctly IMO. This I can live with, I can live with the normal game speed although I still prefer fast as well. I cannot live with the Heisman difficulty, game is straight up loving cheating.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

AfterFather posted:

We're on Heisman? No wonder the CPU players were rocket boosting around the field and my QB was fumbling anytime someone breathed on him.

BTW I agree on the Rosters. Alabamas offense is better than its defense. I think the Offense is 90 Ovr and the defense is around 85. Plus it feels like my players are stuck in the mud.

Basically all of this, I'm not sure if you changed the relative game speed of players either to make it more dramatic (there is a slider for that), or what but for sure no one has burst on my team and SURPRISE Heisman CPU dudes do.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I will shift it back down to AA. I agree about the roster and tried to make some changes to it but it didn't take

Adjusting actual stats has to happen during the offseason more or less (although I think you can still change your teams stats). And yeah thanks man.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Rosters are fine, I can live with that.

Vols lose 31-28 I've played 5 times and lost by a FG everytime so whatever. Let's just drop the CPU down to AA and call it a day.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I dropped it to AA at like 6pm est so if you played last night you lost on AA

Updates like that doesn't take effect until the advance so yeah. You did, but it won't affect anyone until week 2. Why EA made a system where any global changes aren't reflected until the entire file is reuploaded is beyond me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Wow, that does not surprise me

Nothing does anymore with this game. I'm still fine with it, just don't want to try again and waste another hour where the CPU cheats its way to the W.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

If need be I can wipe it and see if a sim does ya better. Probably not advancing tonight. I have a potential hernia and have to seek medical attention

I literally do not think a sim would be more favorable. At least my stat lines looked okay despite the L, I assume UNR vs #12 will result in some lopsided disaster so it's fine. I will have plenty of time to recover (and still lose 5 or 6 more games).

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols get a W on the board with a 37-35 win over #6 Miami. Gonna be a rough year.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols stomp Northwestern 62-10, despite a 1st quarter that saw me turn the ball over 4 times. I'm going to struggle against anyone with a real defense. I also watched the CPU for the first time ever sit itself into a delay of game. Lined up and just sat there till it ticked down to 0.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio Tuesday night is prb as soon as I'll have time to play our game. Where I will be mercilessly slaughtered by a capable defense.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Tuesday is no good for me. Maybe Wednesday, but Thursday is probably more realistic.

Thursday will be fine no rush.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Can we start at like 9 or 930 est? I want to watch some of the Jags preseason game

Should be possible, I know I can't ask you play much later than 10 ET, but maybe that late.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I really can't start tonight past 9:30 EST. I have surgery prep in the morning and have to be up by 6. If we can't do it tonight, I can find time this weekend.

I'll try and be on at 9 ET, if I'm not on by 915 ET assume I got tied up and let's aim for the weekend.

e: Vols over Gators 38-35. I scored first and took a 2 TD lead into the half thanks to consecutive drive INTs to end the Gators half, but stalled badly after the half letting the game get tied going into the 4th which started with a half opening KO return for a TD. Vols scored quickly in the 4th, then the Gators answered right back leaving me with about 3 minutes left. I drained all of that time and kicked a FG after an offsides to stop the clock with 6 seconds left. The Gators miraculously completed a pass that would have put them in FG range, but time expired on the play. I managed the poo poo out of that clock to make sure I got the W.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 15, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

GG on your part, Z. I played sloppy and wasn't really all there and you were able to trounce me.

We are advancing soon. Will update with matchups

Trounce is a bit too strong, I barely held on and basically felt I had to play the clock to get the W. I could have scored with around 1 minute left and purposely took TFL to run the clock and force the use of your TOs. I wasn't really able to stop you in the 2nd half, if you'd been able to stop me one 1st down sooner I'm certain you would have won.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll be getting my game in tonight.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah...gonna get it in now so it can get advanced in the AM.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Hey Wreckus, Vandy is one of the guys in GroupMe. When can you play?

He says he can play tonight after 9pm, any time tomorrow until 6pm, and Monday until 5pm (all Eastern times). If any of those times work, let me know and I'll relay the message. Otherwise, let me know when would work for you and I'll check with him.

edit - Oh, and I guess ZSB also has a game to schedule with a GroupMe player. What times are good for you for me to check on?

Late monday night or Tuesday evening will be possible for me. Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm basically booked until the weekend is over.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

#1 LSU over #24 Miss St, 42-0. This team is playing really well for being a mid 80s OVR team.

Happy early birthday!

UGA had already said in GroupMe that Monday or Tuesday would be good for him. Should try to lock down an actual time, either that or you should just MAN UP and join GroupMe to make it a lot easier to do this. :)

Yeah I'll find my way into that room sometime this weekend haha.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Some serious dickery about there to be sure. Vols hung tight with Georgia through 3, but couldn't muster the tie in the 4th that lead to the inevitable second score to make it a 2 score game with time about expired. Just could not get a stop on 3rd or 4th down. Always gave up the 1st basically. Neither of us punted I don't think.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Still can't score in the 2nd half. Literally play even through 2 quarters then lie down in the 3rd and 4th, story of every game I've lost this season.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Umm I can prb play a CPU game tomorrow morning, but if you want to advance I won't mind.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Wreckus and I have 2 games to play 1 here and one in the B1G, so post up when you've got time man. Evenings are better over the next 2 days (Thursday late or Friday morning as well work). The weekend, is a no go since I'll be hosed up at ACL the entire time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Ill see you on later tonight.

Hopping on now.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Z, i believe you're Tennessee? I have a few games to get in Madden tonight and my Big 10 game, so does tomorrow night work?

Yeah man tomorrow night works, I am these Vols of ill repute. Anytime past 10CT is okay by me, wouldn't want to start any later than 1130CT.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Lets go for 6pst (8cst). My fiancee has book club Tuesdays so it's a good night for the Vols to blow out Auburn.

I think I should be able to make that work, but I may not be back in time cause I work late today. If not today would Wednesday work around that time?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious, didn't get home till just now and I need to do some chores and make dinner. If you can go later tonight great, if not what's your tomorrow look like?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm basically MIA until Sunday so no worries. I may play it just in case, but if it gets to Sunday and Dio hasn't played yet he can wipe it and we can have a go at it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

Can you play after the afternoon games Sunday?

That should be possible, maybe like 8 or 9 CT? Possibly earlier if you need to.

I started this game played, one snap and turned off my xbox but it was snowing in the game so that could be fun if that sticks in our try.

e: like 11 CT or is that too late
e2: clearly missed each other sorry man, at this point I don't even care if we take a sim, prb have time later tomorrow night (tuesday)

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 13, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I've been a bad steward to this game, but Dubious is currently set on AP if you guys can't get this game played. I want to advance and bring this back into life

I can aim to play this later tonight or tomorrow morning and get it done so we can move on. NLT 11 am CT tomorrow.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

The countdown is on - better get that game in!

Vols won 52-17, didn't really aim to run up the score, simmed the offense for Auburn entirely. Finally had a running game oddly enough. On pace to look good on paper, but still not be a threat to any of the top teams in the East.

Just had a couple really good big plays, then scored every time I got into the red zone I think. GOOD AT GAMES

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 16, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll try and arrange this game with Vandy for Sunday.

e: My batteries are dead, I don't have anymore. I can't get more till later for a completely sensible reason. So whatever I'll take a sim I guess.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 26, 2014

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm R2A and my recruiting class isn't like IRL Tenn, so poor.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I can play my game tomorrow for sure. Tonight is a far maybe.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Still going to take care of this tonight or are we willing to risk a sim?

Umm I couldn't get to it earlier, so prb won't till later tonight. If you want to advance it I can live with whatever happens.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols complete their season at 9-3 (prb should have been 10-2, but whatever) and solidly in 3rd place or lower in the division. Maybe next season the defense will be able to stand up a bit better.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Oh Oh where am I ranked did I crack the top 10?

This game places enormous weight on where you started in the polls. UF was #2 or #3 to start the season which would explain why you haven't really fallen very far despite losses since none of them were back to back.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Cotton Bowl ain't bad I guess. At least the BCS put preference in Conference championships, even if 2 loss Iowa is a bit of a head scratcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

#11 Tennessee over #23 Iowa State in a tighter than expected game 45-35.

• Locked thread