Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ultimatemegax posted:

The English voices were actually recorded by an American studio/director. The director for those voices was William Winckler, who worked on the English dubs for a lot of older Toei shows like Fist of the North Star. Voices were found by Atomic Monkey Entertainment, a talent agency linked with others in Japan (thus easy to find people in the US).

Hmm--interesting and Rin's & Haru's english is alright from my exp.

Haru not understanding the border guard was a little strange. I mean, he wasn't exactly asking for a detail rundown of his vacation plans in the country? I guess, he could be just nervous being on in own in a foreign country and all.

I did find it amusing how Haru got over his swimming issues after moping around for 1-3 episodes and ignoring the swim team's best efforts. Really? If only I knew that traveling to another country for a few days would give me insight to life's true purpose. Cheaper than therapy at least.

OK, but I think there's a 90% chance Haru is going pro despite all his problems in S2. I'm mildly disappointed since it would nice to see everyone to accept maybe Haru likes swimming for fun and it's honestly his decision at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The_White_Crane posted:

If he goes pro, he can make money by swimming.

IMHO Haru seems to like swimming more of a hobby with his friends than going pro. For example, the last few times he froze up at the races and every time someone brought up scouts he'd just go silent. Haru doesn't seem to care about winning or losing but as long as he's allowed to spend time at the pool.

Ok, he's arguably the most talented swimmer on the team but not at all competitive vs Rin and Sousuke. I can only imagine this will get awkward if he does go pro.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So the wonderful journey of competitive swimming and meaningful friendships between HS boys has ended :v:

I still can't believe they went the whole nine yards and made Haru say he wanted to go pro despite he even said it himself 5 min ago how he doesn't care about times vs Rin. :raise:

Everyone else was adorable and I liked how they showed a mini epilogue of everyone in college or HS instead of a bland voice over of a landscape or town zooming out. For a min when Mako went to Haru's apt I thought they were roommates in Tokyo?

Just to be clear since I'm confused at parts after the nationals.

1. Haru decides to be serious and train to be pro at his home town? Maybe a new place since he's not at his usual parent's house?

2. Mako goes to Tokyo to pursue being a teaching degree or swimming instructor? He still spends time w/Haru since we see them at the raman restaurant studying.

3. Nagisa and Rei are in HS and welcoming the new recruits. Gou and sensei both work together in managing the swimming team. Got it.

4. Rin goes overseas to train for his dream. Ai gets nominated for Captain which surprised me a bit since ...IDK how they even decide on normal sports teams anyways.

5. Sousuke leaves town and goes to work at his family business, right? I guess, we can pretend he has a chance at getting his shoulder healed if we wanted to be hopeful :shobon:

Side note: I almost expected Haru to say he was going to study abroad in the USA or travel for a year before deciding for a unexpected plot twist out of boredom :woop:

Hey, he did say he wanted to swim in different pools and well it wouldn't be too far fetched.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

It's about as dumb of a decision as making Rin the captain and that worked out so WHO KNOWS.

TBH never did sports in HS but I thought the captain usually meant he/she were either good at teaching new members or most skilled one on the team? It feels odd how it just went to the most convenient guy there :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

Haru is such a broken child that he cannot exist without his mother figure.

Agreed, Mako would be great father for anyone really :v: IMHO, out of all the cast members he is probably the most considerate.

Thanks, I wasn't sure where Haru had been gone to train for swimming but for a min I thought he started to rely on himself for a change by not being w/Mako 24/7.

• Locked thread