Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003
Who's the johnniest nigga you know?

the kawaiiest posted:

Look how dumb you are.

You ain't even got the goddamn vocabulary to make a statement of substance, why are you in this thread?

This thread is a disaster and should be gassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

the kawaiiest posted:

I'm holding out hope that he's just trolling because I don't want to believe that this person exists.

You don't have to just hope he's trolling; it's obvious.

The guy said he went so far as downloading the contents of the sd card, yet he hasn't shown a lick of proof, despite multiple pointing out how likely it is that he's trolling.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Yep, I'm definitely an idiot and never worked for one day in my life as a software engineer. You are a shrewd judge of something akin to character but moreso just profoundly churlish and of no use to this thread whatsoever.

You mean, You pretend to be a software engineer? Because again, If you were, you'd of looked into how this poo poo works.

Software engineer. LMFAO.

Mr. Business posted:

= and should be gassed.

Like you?

Ok seriously. Someone probate me for 24 hours or something if these idiots are on the same IP and I fell for it.

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003
Found the git-hub. Appears to be a GPS-tracking software, may not be the same AndroSpy, but there it is.

Also, no, I do not work as a software engineer anymore because it's a godawful profession that turns people like me into severely churlish assholes.

Also, ain't got any of my goddamn equipment to work with. It's all hidden or in storage because I gotta find a new place to loving live where I ain't gotta deal with this bullshit before the computer I need to analyze the data can even be built (and rest assured I'm the only one here who is gonna lift a loving finger on that referendum).

Mr. Business fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 26, 2014

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Found the git-hub. Appears to be a GPS-tracking software, may not be the same AndroSpy, but there it is.

Also, no, I do not work as a software engineer anymore because it's a godawful profession that turns people like me into severely churlish assholes.

This still does not prove its installed on this dickheads device. Post the dump. Let people go through it. Quit being a human being.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Business posted:

people like me into severely churlish assholes.

:allears:

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

EbolaIvory posted:

Ok seriously. Someone probate me for 24 hours or something if these idiots are on the same IP and I fell for it.

Everyone that quoted/responded to mr. Business should have to abide by this

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003

Mooktastical posted:

Thank you! Sincerely, thank you.

Ain't a goddamn but about 2% of posters in this thread written anything worth a substantial gently caress.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mooktastical posted:

Totally 100% agree. I'll take a 24 hour probate for falling for it. Its worth it. Because if in fact they are separate people. HOLY poo poo

Mr. Business posted:

Thank you! Sincerely, thank you.

Ain't a goddamn but about 2% of posters in this thread written anything worth a substantial gently caress.

So you're admitting to being a troll?

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Mooktastical posted:

You don't have to just hope he's trolling; it's obvious.

The guy said he went so far as downloading the contents of the sd card, yet he hasn't shown a lick of proof, despite multiple pointing out how likely it is that he's trolling.

The OP doesn't sound particularly bright so I figured it might have been real, and he could have been looking at the Smart Stay icon and getting paranoid about it. But I guess it's pretty obvious that he's trolling, I mean you're right, if this were real he'd have posted some proof by now.

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003

EbolaIvory posted:

Totally 100% agree. I'll take a 24 hour probate for falling for it. Its worth it. Because if in fact they are separate people. HOLY poo poo

Let's see, I live in the same house as him, hence we are connected to the same router. How are you unable to make the connection that we would have the same IP by virtue of computing on the same subnet? Am I misunderstanding TCP/IP subnetting here or are you sub-trolls just relying on whatever IP data the forum software is reporting.

Take a long walk off a short pier.

If this is what passes for serious hardware and software discussion around here ya'll might as well just go unload a goddamn Makarov into the racks hosting this forum and maybe look into pulling your head out of your rear end one of these years.

I'm too old for this poo poo.
You people are truly intolerable and useless.

Mr. Business fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 26, 2014

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003

EbolaIvory posted:

So you're admitting to being a troll?

No, apparently I misread the sentence. gently caress him too.

As for you to sleep, Garfield.

I'll stump up the images when I've had time to rebuild my busted-rear end Mini-ITX, reinstall its OS, download the drivers nobody offered any suggestions for since they're too busy playing armchair-social-justice-psyhciatrist atop a Sybian (no, not "Symbian", s.i.c. here) to provide any useful responses, and obtained the necessary card readers and adapters to achieve what will prove to be several days of work as I research the Android operating system in the total absence of anything remotely helpful from this community.

Mr. Business fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 26, 2014

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Let's see, I live in the same house as him, hence we are connected to the same router. How are you unable to make the connection that we would have the same IP by virtue of computing on the same subnet? Am I misunderstanding TCP/IP subnetting here or are you sub-trolls just relying on whatever IP data the forum software is reporting.

Take a long walk off a short pier.

If this is what passes for serious hardware and software discussion around here ya'll might as well just go unload a goddamn Makarov into the racks hosting this forum and maybe look into pulling your head out of your rear end one of these years.

I'm too old for this poo poo.
You people are truly intolerable and useless.

Says the software engineer who cant figure out how to look into a dump of a rom off a "infected" device.

you're so cute.

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003

EbolaIvory posted:

Says the software engineer who cant figure out how to look into a dump of a rom off a "infected" device.

you're so cute.

If I ain't done it before then naturally how the gently caress would I know? I'm not a computer security expert, just have a browser's worth of unread tabs that'll probably be infinitely more helpful than any single molecule presently arranging your physical form. I deploy basic `luks` and `LVM` for my own poo poo.

Also, I wasn't being sarcastic. I ain't a software engineer at all. I quit that poo poo. Not enough dough to justify the irritation, as we can clearly see. All my experience is in out-of-vogue desktop bullshit and ancient programming languages to the effect of Perl and ksh. I ain't had time or monetary incentive to bone up on Android internals, and even if I wanted to I can't get two moments of peace in this loving State without somebody bothering me.

Just look at this thread and all you impatient bastards. Do you work in software or management. If it were the latter then that would certainly explain how you have no sense of proportion for the fact that extensive analysis of three storage device images (or more, depending on the number of partitions per data device) cloned with dd or Clonezilla would take longer than your kinder-grade attention spans may be able to abide.

Mr. Business fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 26, 2014

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Mr. Business posted:

Well, what does it smell like, Tex? Your upper-lip?

Bet that's a foul one.

:eyepop: :iceburn:

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

If I ain't done it before then naturally how the gently caress would I know. I'm not a computer security expert, just have a browser's worth of unread tabs that'll probably be infinitely more helpful than any single molecule presently arranging your physical form.

Also, I wasn't being sarcastic. I ain't a software engineer at all. I quit that poo poo. Not enough dough to justify the irritation, as we can clearly see. All my experience is in out-of-vogue desktop bullshit and ancient programming languages to the effect of Perl and ksh. I ain't had time or monetary incentive to bone up on Android internals, and even if I wanted to I can't get two moments of peace in this loving State without somebody bothering me.

Yet here you are writing books on it.

You're so cute.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
gently caress it, toxx if you want, I can afford 10 bucks, I feel I need to get reinvolved.

We'd maybe release some files if either of us thought any of you had an iota of intelligence as to what to do. Mr.B has a degree and worked for a company you've heard of almost every day in CS. I promise he has more bona-fides than you help desk dorks could imagine.

Yes, there are people that would target me. Not a schizophrenic, just know the way the world is.

Carry on thinking it's a troll, those guys are the dumbest of your pile of idiot people.

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003

EbolaIvory posted:

Yet here you are writing books on it.

You're so cute.

Ban time for me. Bye guys.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Mr. Business, why are you so angry? Please, tell us what's really going on.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Variable_H posted:

Because you people are legitimately useless and obstructionist, and stupid to boot. No better than channers. At least fucks like yall haven't ruined AI yet.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Method Loser posted:

Because you people are legitimately useless and obstructionist, and stupid to boot. No better than channers. At least fucks like yall haven't ruined AI yet.

Helps if you come into the conversation with more information. Maybe post a copy of the dump. Or something other than "OMG I SAW AN ICON LOLOL".

Just as bad as the OP imo.

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003

Variable_H posted:

You people are unhelpful as gently caress, I barely slept today, I had to drive around Birmingham, Alabama's decaying, Soviet-esque public transportation infrastructure, and I've been having to loan my phone to ML, who doesn't listen to one goddamn word I say about this poo poo and fucks up my experiments before I have a chance to even get started on them.

Also, I am paranoid as gently caress and hate working on computers around people because I got issues.

Let me get back to the ban me thread though because you people are just vile.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Mr. Business posted:

I got issues.
No poo poo.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

You people are unhelpful as gently caress, I barely slept today, I had to drive around Birmingham, Alabama's decaying, Soviet-esque public transportation infrastructure, and I've been having to loan my phone to ML, who doesn't listen to one goddamn word I say about this poo poo and fucks up my experiments before I have a chance to even get started on them.

Also, I am paranoid as gently caress and hate working on computers around people because I got issues.

Let me get back to the ban me thread though because you people are just vile.

Social issues. Sounds about right considering the posts.

Mr. Business
Aug 15, 2003

Didn't I tell you to go to sleep? OR was that loving Odie?

No, what sets me off here is this derisive skepticism. You people so jaded you might as well paint yourselves green.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Didn't I tell you to go to sleep? OR was that loving Odie?

No, what sets me off here is this derisive skepticism. You people so jaded you might as well paint yourselves green.

Or maybe we have a better working knowledge of things at hand and need more information before forming an opinion that the OP is being super stalked by magical ferries.

EDIT: Gonna quit posting on this. Its obvious you and the OP are loving retards.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Yes, because, as a mod on SOMETHINGAWFUL you have no issues, ever. You are the uber-man, right? Shut the gently caress up you human being.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

EbolaIvory posted:

Or maybe we have a better working knowledge of things at hand and need more information before forming an opinion that the OP is being super stalked by magical ferries.

EDIT: Gonna quit posting on this. Its obvious you and the OP are loving retards.

Because you started civilly asking for details and weren't cocksuckers to begin with, right? gently caress all y'all. I'm going back to AI and my lawyers.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653387&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post432708702

There you go, you people are so retarded you made him see this site isn't useful for poo poo-all anymore. It's been overrun by you, the krews, and all the other dumbass insular poo poo you faggots do.

Method Loser fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 26, 2014

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

E: ^^ :laffo:

If all of this alleged lawyering up actually goes anywhere, color me shocked as all hell.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

anakha posted:

If all of this alleged lawyering up actually goes anywhere, color me shocked as all hell.

I'll let you all know jut how wrong you were in a few years when this finally goes through the court system. Look forward to it. Till then, you can collectively suck my dicks, especially tat pathetic mod there, that dude knows less than the rest of you, and that's sad.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Method Loser posted:

I'll let you all know jut how wrong you were in a few years when this finally goes through the court system. Look forward to it. Till then, you can collectively suck my dicks, especially tat pathetic mod there, that dude knows less than the rest of you, and that's sad.

He will show us all!
(case dismissed)

"Yes your honor, the plaintiff made an eye appear on my phone, using magic, possibly a form of voodoo. I then emailed them and they said the f-word. I would like a quadrillion dollars."

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Mrit posted:

"Yes your honor, the plaintiff made an eye appear on my phone, using magic, possibly a form of voodoo. I then emailed them and they said the f-word. I would like a quadrillion dollars."

Congrats, you are retarded not only in technology, but the legal system too! Go for a high score, be incompetent at everything!

MODS: Please gas this thread; it serves no purpose now other than for people with no idea what they're talking about circlejerking.

Method Loser fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jul 26, 2014

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Okay fine. Listen.

Method Loser posted:

Today, on my Note 2, I noticed a noise, and a half-second eyeball icon next to the time, that then vanished.

It is not possible for third party apps to put icons next to the time. That area is for system icons, unless you're rooted and running Xposed for customization. Are you?

It's not possible for a third party app to be installed as a system app without root, either, and it's not possible to root a Samsung phone remotely. The phone must be plugged in. In addition to that, any apps that require root access will ask for it, so you would have had to not only root your phone for this to possible, you'd also have had to give the app root access to install itself as a system app or make any changes to system files.

You said that no one has access to your phone except you. So it's one of two options: you rooted your phone and installed some weird poo poo, or you're mistaking a system icon for spyware. There's no third option. You can't root a Note 2 remotely, it has to be plugged in, and you'd have had to authorize any apps that required root access to run on your phone in the first place. Unless you're lying about no one else having access to your phone, there's simply no way this could be done.

So you're lying about something. Either the whole story is a lie, or you're omitting information because you don't want to look like an idiot (in which case I've got some bad news for you).

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Method Loser posted:

1) I thought you were going back to AI?

2) 'Yeah, wait a few years then you'll see'. Yeah, right. More likely you're going to never mention any of this again in a month's time.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

the kawaiiest posted:

Okay fine. Listen.

It is not possible for third party apps to put icons next to the time. That area is for system icons, unless you're rooted and running Xposed for customization. Are you?

It's not possible for a third party app to be installed as a system app without root, either, and it's not possible to root a Samsung phone remotely. The phone must be plugged in. In addition to that, any apps that require root access will ask for it, so you would have had to not only root your phone for this to possible, you'd also have had to give the app root access to install itself as a system app or make any changes to system files.

You said that no one has access to your phone except you. So it's one of two options: you rooted your phone and installed some weird poo poo, or you're mistaking a system icon for spyware. There's no third option. You can't root a Note 2 remotely, it has to be plugged in, and you'd have had to authorize any apps that required root access to run on your phone in the first place. Unless you're lying about no one else having access to your phone, there's simply no way this could be done.

So you're lying about something. Either the whole story is a lie, or you're omitting information because you don't want to look like an idiot (in which case I've got some bad news for you).

drat you ignorant bastard not buying into my bullshit!!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Method Loser posted:

Congrats, you are retarded not only in technology, but the legal system too! Go for a high score, be incompetent at everything!

MODS: Please gas this thread; it serves no purpose now other than for people with no idea what they're talking about circlejerking.

Appealing to the same mod you sassed a couple of posts ago. Brilliant!

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
^^^^Hoping to appeal to an admin or mod with an iota of sense; this one obviously has not one.

The phone is not rooted. Its not shoved up my rear end 24/7, it' a possibility someone could have surreptitiously gotten it from me for the 60 seconds it take to install such a thing. This is the only way this could have been installed from my POV. The icon did NOT look like the Samsung eye. Sorry, that's not it.

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001
Doublepot

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
I'm the hacker OP! Here is a picture of your phone, which I have hacxed(the 'x' is because I am a hacker).

I was the one who put the eye there, certainly not Samsung. Case closed, the OP is now rich and will foreclose on all our houses while lighting a cigar with a $100 bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Mrit posted:

I'm the hacker OP! Here is a picture of your phone, which I have hacxed(the 'x' is because I am a hacker).

I was the one who put the eye there, certainly not Samsung. Case closed, the OP is now rich and will foreclose on all our houses while lighting a cigar with a $100 bill.

Again, wrong icon. So sorry. And you guys just don't get it, I'm already wealthy which, you know, makes you a target. I don't need to win a lawsuit to live comfortably until I'm 150.

Method Loser fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 26, 2014

• Locked thread