Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
I'm curious as to what you actually said in the first email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Method Loser posted:

I'm butt hurt and now realize I may have been over reacting. I'm going to take my ball and go home. Screw you guys.

Pretty much this.

Good luck suing the boogie man. Because you'll never have a paper trail long enough to actually make a case.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Method Loser posted:

I take it back, this is my last post, just for you:

There are logs miles long on this, and since androspy collects monthly fees, a subpoena would get me the name of the perpetrator, and that's how you start a lawsuit. Idiot. I'm not overreacting at all, just hearkening for the days when there were for real knowledgable people in the tech corner of this site. gently caress no anymore,, carry on with your circlejerk.

You're assuming that even if you had this app installed, and they "PAID" for it, that its actually someone paying for ongoing service.

It sounds more like you installed some APK you shouldnt have. It had this bundled, and nobody ever actually signed up for it. Its a lingering app that you cant get rid of because you chose to install something.

Or more than likely, its the samsung thing thats built in and you're just an idiot.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

the kawaiiest posted:

Third party developers cannot put icons in the spot that you're claiming the icon showed up in. It's not possible. You were looking at the Smart Stay icon, or some other Samsung icon.

No spyware rootkit whatever the gently caress would have a process called "I'm Watching You". That is beyond retarded, and it's a level of incompetence that even the shittiest Android developer would not be able to match. You're either making poo poo up or you're actually as dumb as you sound and you downloaded some lovely pirated apk somewhere that installed malware on your phone. It doesn't sound to me like you're either important or interesting enough for anyone to want to spy on you, so if you're either a troll or an idiot.

Or hes a giant liar running root with some hacked up rom with bullshit installed.

I'm going with this list of things

1) Idiot who isnt listening
2) Idiot who didnt read his phones manual when he saw a weird icon
3) Thinks hes important, because hes a trust fund baby
4) Has no concept of the real world.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mrit posted:

Okay, people are still falling for this. I upgrade you to 8/10, and a hearty congratulations for the sheer number of words that guy typed out earlier.

The guy who typed the book is apparently his RL friend or some poo poo.

This dude, really thinks what he posted. I honestly don't think its a troll. Which is sad.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

"The book?" Is SA now limited to twitter-length, contentless posts? I missed that development, but that's a whole shitload sadder than whatever your sorry rear end is mourning.

Yeah, A book with 1/2 baked ideas. You really are an idiot sir.

Also, you really have no idea how android works.
If Mr fucky gently caress guy, turned on the "install unknown sources" and installed something. its on him.

If he didnt. It would have failed.

You can babble about IOS and apple and everything else but its obvious you dont know poo poo about poo poo.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Yep, I'm definitely an idiot and never worked for one day in my life as a software engineer. You are a shrewd judge of something akin to character but moreso just profoundly churlish and of no use to this thread whatsoever.

You mean, You pretend to be a software engineer? Because again, If you were, you'd of looked into how this poo poo works.

Software engineer. LMFAO.

Mr. Business posted:

= and should be gassed.

Like you?

Ok seriously. Someone probate me for 24 hours or something if these idiots are on the same IP and I fell for it.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Found the git-hub. Appears to be a GPS-tracking software, may not be the same AndroSpy, but there it is.

Also, no, I do not work as a software engineer anymore because it's a godawful profession that turns people like me into severely churlish assholes.

This still does not prove its installed on this dickheads device. Post the dump. Let people go through it. Quit being a human being.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mooktastical posted:

Everyone that quoted/responded to mr. Business should have to abide by this

Totally 100% agree. I'll take a 24 hour probate for falling for it. Its worth it. Because if in fact they are separate people. HOLY poo poo

Mr. Business posted:

Thank you! Sincerely, thank you.

Ain't a goddamn but about 2% of posters in this thread written anything worth a substantial gently caress.

So you're admitting to being a troll?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Let's see, I live in the same house as him, hence we are connected to the same router. How are you unable to make the connection that we would have the same IP by virtue of computing on the same subnet? Am I misunderstanding TCP/IP subnetting here or are you sub-trolls just relying on whatever IP data the forum software is reporting.

Take a long walk off a short pier.

If this is what passes for serious hardware and software discussion around here ya'll might as well just go unload a goddamn Makarov into the racks hosting this forum and maybe look into pulling your head out of your rear end one of these years.

I'm too old for this poo poo.
You people are truly intolerable and useless.

Says the software engineer who cant figure out how to look into a dump of a rom off a "infected" device.

you're so cute.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

If I ain't done it before then naturally how the gently caress would I know. I'm not a computer security expert, just have a browser's worth of unread tabs that'll probably be infinitely more helpful than any single molecule presently arranging your physical form.

Also, I wasn't being sarcastic. I ain't a software engineer at all. I quit that poo poo. Not enough dough to justify the irritation, as we can clearly see. All my experience is in out-of-vogue desktop bullshit and ancient programming languages to the effect of Perl and ksh. I ain't had time or monetary incentive to bone up on Android internals, and even if I wanted to I can't get two moments of peace in this loving State without somebody bothering me.

Yet here you are writing books on it.

You're so cute.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Method Loser posted:

Because you people are legitimately useless and obstructionist, and stupid to boot. No better than channers. At least fucks like yall haven't ruined AI yet.

Helps if you come into the conversation with more information. Maybe post a copy of the dump. Or something other than "OMG I SAW AN ICON LOLOL".

Just as bad as the OP imo.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

You people are unhelpful as gently caress, I barely slept today, I had to drive around Birmingham, Alabama's decaying, Soviet-esque public transportation infrastructure, and I've been having to loan my phone to ML, who doesn't listen to one goddamn word I say about this poo poo and fucks up my experiments before I have a chance to even get started on them.

Also, I am paranoid as gently caress and hate working on computers around people because I got issues.

Let me get back to the ban me thread though because you people are just vile.

Social issues. Sounds about right considering the posts.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Mr. Business posted:

Didn't I tell you to go to sleep? OR was that loving Odie?

No, what sets me off here is this derisive skepticism. You people so jaded you might as well paint yourselves green.

Or maybe we have a better working knowledge of things at hand and need more information before forming an opinion that the OP is being super stalked by magical ferries.

EDIT: Gonna quit posting on this. Its obvious you and the OP are loving retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

the kawaiiest posted:

Listen, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here even though I'm probably going to end up getting probated for getting my rear end trolled.

It wouldn't take 60 seconds to install and set up something like AndroSpy. The person would have to change your phone settings to allow third party apps, download the apk, run it, log in with their account and set up what they want monitored. So if this is true, someone had to be alone with your phone for a few minutes. Maybe while you were sleeping or something.

It's still extremely odd that the icon showed up next to the clock though. This is not possible for third part apps.

*Unless the app got root*
Which means the OP lied about root.

Oh trust fund babies.

• Locked thread