Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Method Loser posted:

sorry, not the same icon know how I know? I had that poo poo disabled
I guess that Samsung's process is named "I'm Watching You," too, right?

I like how you lashed out at the one person in this thread that tried to give you a real answer. lol, real champ you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Method Loser posted:

I'M WATCHING YOU processes are on every Samsung phone.

THE NSA IS WATCHING ME THROUGH MY SAMSUNG OH GOD THE FLEAS ARE EATING MY SKIN I CAN SMELL THE MOONLIGHT NOW

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Mr. Business posted:

Well, what does it smell like, Tex? Your upper-lip?

Bet that's a foul one.

:eyepop: :iceburn:

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Mr. Business, why are you so angry? Please, tell us what's really going on.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

the kawaiiest posted:

Okay fine. Listen.

It is not possible for third party apps to put icons next to the time. That area is for system icons, unless you're rooted and running Xposed for customization. Are you?

It's not possible for a third party app to be installed as a system app without root, either, and it's not possible to root a Samsung phone remotely. The phone must be plugged in. In addition to that, any apps that require root access will ask for it, so you would have had to not only root your phone for this to possible, you'd also have had to give the app root access to install itself as a system app or make any changes to system files.

You said that no one has access to your phone except you. So it's one of two options: you rooted your phone and installed some weird poo poo, or you're mistaking a system icon for spyware. There's no third option. You can't root a Note 2 remotely, it has to be plugged in, and you'd have had to authorize any apps that required root access to run on your phone in the first place. Unless you're lying about no one else having access to your phone, there's simply no way this could be done.

So you're lying about something. Either the whole story is a lie, or you're omitting information because you don't want to look like an idiot (in which case I've got some bad news for you).

drat you ignorant bastard not buying into my bullshit!!

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Literally an "I have money, I am important" mentality. gg op, all of us poors are just dying to get into your trust fund megabux by watching you while you take a poo poo.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Wait, OP said it appeared next to a clock, but he didn't specify which one

Please shed some light on this OP.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Method Loser posted:

I see we fly commercial.

Heh, look at these plebs flying commercial airliners. If they were an independently wealthy trust fund kid, like myself, they would have their own private jet. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Method Loser posted:

already use macbook pros exclusively, iphones blow with their tiny little screens and havent-been-updated-since-1800 design. srry. samsung makes better poo poo than apple in the phone arena

Lol, look at how wrong you are. Android, my it's very nature, is a huge security and privacy leak, beyond that the OS is buggy as gently caress on Samsung devices.

• Locked thread