Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

the kawaiiest posted:

So uh are you sure that's what it is? Because the little eye on the status bar is a Samsung thing. If you accidentally activated Smart Stay then you'll see a little eye pop up for a little bit and then disappear. Here's a page with more info: http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsung/19067/how-enable-smart-stay-your-samsung-galaxy-note-2

It's just very odd to me that an app that's meant to be hidden so it can spy on people would put an icon on your status bar, even if it's just for a second. That seems like a serious oversight and simply doesn't make sense. If they're so good at hiding the app they'd know to make the icon transparent so that it's not visible to the user. Seems much more likely to me that it's Smart Stay.

That's one of the best parts, this whole thing was kicked off by a built in feature of the phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Method Loser posted:

Every eyeball icon, regardless of how they look, are the am I rite guyz?

sorry, not the same icon know how I know? I had that poo poo disabled
I guess that Samsung's process is named "I'm Watching You," too, right?

So in short, continue to be worthless; I'm peacing. You people clearly have no idea about poo poo and I'll leave it to professionals.

Whatever you say buddy. Everybody knows the very first thing you do when designing spyware is create a conspicuous icon to let the victim know they are in fact being spied upon.

• Locked thread